Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I presume those who already got delivery of Tesla car or expecting MYP delivery soon, do not feel the pain. My EDD date was last week of December. Now my date extends to February. Hertz is going to suck up capacity starting November. Elon has decided to screw MYLR buyers in the queue. If you have a booking for MYLR booked in September and after, you are paying the price for Hertz being given delivery ahead of you from end of November onwards. It is not fair to delay those who were already in the line. Future bookings? While not the best outcome for a retail buyer, they at least know beforehand when to expect. It is their choice if they still book an MYLR and get a date of August or September. But to delay existing orders in preference for Hertz, is everything Elon does not stand for.
But They aren’t delaying any Model Y orders because of hertz. Where are you getting this?

Hertz ordered SR model 3 and will be receiving them through the end of 2022 with the European ones being made in China. Will have zero affect on any one that has a model y order here.

Reactions: PatrickTM
But They aren’t delaying any Model Y orders because of hertz. Where are you getting this?

Hertz ordered SR model 3 and will be receiving them through the end of 2022 with the European ones being made in China. Will have zero affect on any one that has a model y order here.
There is no dedicated model 3 factory. There are many parts shared between model 3 and model Y. I think it's a reasonable assumption the Hertz order will impact production across the board.

My hubs is at the delivery/service center where we will be picking up our Y and some guy in for service was given a Performance MY as a loaner! Pretty neat and I wish it were us.

What I don't wish is that our failing pano roof is going to cost us $1,000 to fix. Woof! I'm very hopeful that Tesla has been making cars long enough that our Model Ys will be fairly maintenance free but the amount we've spent on our S while still paying a mortgage-sized car payment on it is really a bummer.

My hubs is at the delivery/service center where we will be picking up our Y and some guy in for service was given a Performance MY as a loaner! Pretty neat and I wish it were us.

Wow! I didn't think Tesla did loaners? I thought they just issued Uber / Lyft credits. That's nice to hear.

What I don't wish is that our failing pano roof is going to cost us $1,000 to fix. Woof! I'm very hopeful that Tesla has been making cars long enough that our Model Ys will be fairly maintenance free but the amount we've spent on our S while still paying a mortgage-sized car payment on it is really a bummer.
I'm sorry to hear that, but frankly, $1k doesn't sound so bad, assuming it's out of warranty. Maybe I'm so used to paying the "German tax" my idea of what's reasonable is skewed.

There is no dedicated model 3 factory. There are many parts shared between model 3 and model Y. I think it's a reasonable assumption the Hertz order will impact production across the board.
They do have dedicated Model 3 and Model Y lines....The Model Y lines are running non stop. They aren't going to stop a Model Y line to feed parts to the Model 3 line. With our without the Hertz order they would be making just as many Model 3s and Model Ys. Model Y have greater margin and would take preference if needed.

They do have dedicated Model 3 and Model Y lines....The Model Y lines are running non stop. They aren't going to stop a Model Y line to feed parts to the Model 3 line. With our without the Hertz order they would be making just as many Model 3s and Model Ys. Model Y have greater margin and would take preference if needed.
You are throwing out a lot of assumptions and opinions as facts. We're all just armchair supply chain / manufacturing experts here :)

Day 95 since order and profile completion.
No news. EDD stuck to current range for more than a month now after the end of quarter frenzy.
Hoping the best but no expectations
I have the same OD as you. My EDD was 11/4-24 from 9/25 to 10/24 when it changed to 11/15-12/13. Ugh.

Back on 7/26, I spoke to a SA and asked why my EDD was showing November when the order page had shown October. She told me it would move around and she was confident I would receive my MY by the end of the year. Hmm. That’s what I’m hoping now. Inner peace…

You are throwing out a lot of assumptions and opinions as facts. We're all just armchair supply chain / manufacturing experts here :)

lol...true. I just think the assumption that a large order of model 3s to be delivered over the next 12+months will delay any ones order here for a Model Y is a false assumption. You are right though...at the end of the day no one here knows jack s**t.

Well, I'm past the 60 day waiting mark, and according to my EDD, I'm still not halfway there. I think I've grown numb. I'm not checking these boards as often, I haven't scheduled the electrical work for the home charger, I stopped shopping for accessories. I need a new hobby.
I've stopped being excited.

I have been following the inventory vehicles on Discord, and it baffles me how there are multiple daily MYLR with fewer than 15 miles and not designated as demo vehicles that are being sold (and snapped up in less than 2 minutes sometimes) as inventory. I have seen more than a few that resemble builds of some who have been waiting entirely too long. Just not sure why those are being released as inventory and not being assigned to customers who ordered 3 to almost 6 months ago. I understand demo vehicles, but I have not been able to figure out the rationale for brand new vehicles. Perhaps someone has some insight?

Dude, come on. The Y and the 3 share 75% of their parts. If there are parts shortages that effect both models who's order do you think they'll prioritize? Tesla already admitted in their earnings call that they aren't even close to running at capacity. Logic dictates that the Hertz order will very much impact Model Y orders.

What are you looking to discuss with them? If it's the changing EDD, I'm sure this will not be the last time that happens to you, and they are unlikely to provide any further insight.
I mean just a general check call would be nice. Sounds like some people are getting that so I figured I should get one too. I have enough common sense to know a SA can't change my EDD, thanks though. Do you work for the Tesla call center or something?