Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean just a general check call would be nice. Sounds like some people are getting that so I figured I should get one too. I have enough common sense to know a SA can't change my EDD, thanks though. Do you work for the Tesla call center or something?
It is unlikely that you will be getting a general check call. Some have fabulous SAs, some have terrible ones, and it seems most don't have one at all. @Nrvna76 was probably asking because many who recently ordered don't know what SAs can and cannot do, and also may not understand how unpredictable EDD changes are. It seemed @Nrvna76 was trying to save you some trouble, if that was what your question was pertaining to. Rudeness is rarely necessary.

My EDD has been solid for the past week with no change after the Hertz announcement.
Mine has remained the same as well (and I am hoping continues that way), but there have been some drastic changes since right before the announcement (one that comes to mind, a November to May EDD change) so one can understand where the thought process comes from.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
It is unlikely that you will be getting a general check call. Some have fabulous SAs, some have terrible ones, and it seems most don't have one at all. @Nrvna76 was probably asking because many who recently ordered don't know what SAs can and cannot do, and also may not understand how unpredictable EDD changes are. It seemed @Nrvna76 was trying to save you some trouble, if that was what your question was pertaining to. Rudeness is rarely necessary.
Sure, but to be fair never assume someone's level of knowledge. That too is rude and rarely necessary.

Dude, come on. The Y and the 3 share 75% of their parts. If there are parts shortages that effect both models who's order do you think they'll prioritize? Tesla already admitted in their earnings call that they aren't even close to running at capacity. Logic dictates that the Hertz order will very much impact Model Y orders.

That's Your logic and maybe you are right. But knowing Tesla they would rather sell the highest margin vehicles first. In a situation where they are low on a shared part I am not sure why they would prioritize the much lower margin vehicle. Logic dictates the model Y would get priority if a shared part was running short.

Neither of us know what they would do. At the end of the day not sure why anyone would be getting work up over it. The car is in high demand and it will take time...sit back and relax in the meantime.

Reactions: PatrickTM and GOVA
I mean just a general check call would be nice. Sounds like some people are getting that so I figured I should get one too. I have enough common sense to know a SA can't change my EDD, thanks though. Do you work for the Tesla call center or something?

Haha, man, internet snark is the real deal huh?

I was asking because the EDD shifts all over the place and I'm not sure you were aware of that. It's crappy that Tesla does business that way but it's a reality. Hope somebody else gives you better answers!

Did they give you any rationale for removing your VIN?
No, they never have. Originally they just ghosted me and sent to the back of the line. When pressed for an answer they just shrugged their shoulders.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 8.48.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 8.48.47 AM.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: PatrickTM
“You will get matched again.” How reassuring. Smh
It's that casual disrespect that infuriates me and keeps me upset, tbh. The last two weeks of September was all getting ready for that delivery on the last few days of the quarter. Even more texts came telling to be prepared for delivery. And then.... nothing. VIN disappeared. No apology. No email explaining next steps. NOTHING. And then.... they sent me to back to the queue with a 28-day delivery window.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 9.01.35 AM.png

Reactions: PatrickTM
I have been following the inventory vehicles on Discord, and it baffles me how there are multiple daily MYLR with fewer than 15 miles and not designated as demo vehicles that are being sold (and snapped up in less than 2 minutes sometimes) as inventory. I have seen more than a few that resemble builds of some who have been waiting entirely too long. Just not sure why those are being released as inventory and not being assigned to customers who ordered 3 to almost 6 months ago. I understand demo vehicles, but I have not been able to figure out the rationale for brand new vehicles. Perhaps someone has some insight?

My best guess is that cars that get shipped to a destination and someone cancels / rejects the car last minute end up in inventory. I'm not sure that cars that are already loaded on a truck automatically get matched to another buyer at that point, though I would hope that if someone who had an identical config at the same delivery center would get the VIN. On the other hand, with the most recent price change, most of us that have orders placed at this point will pay less than someone who purchases an inventory car today, and that benefits Tesla, and while not fair or customer pleasing I can see why they might do it.

I got back on here because I want to upgrade from my M3 to a MYP. Ordered a red/black, tow yesterday.

I honestly feel bad for the Tesla employees who have to deal with some of you.

You'll get your cars... step away from the computer and try to enjoy life. You're barely going to remember this wait period after you take delivery.I

I have every damn right to be upset with the way Tesla treated me recently!

Wow! I didn't think Tesla did loaners? I thought they just issued Uber / Lyft credits. That's nice to hear.

I'm sorry to hear that, but frankly, $1k doesn't sound so bad, assuming it's out of warranty. Maybe I'm so used to paying the "German tax" my idea of what's reasonable is skewed.
Yes, they sure do offer loaners but there's always a caveat that they can't guarantee availability. My last loaner was a P100D Mode S but was programmed to chill mode anyway so no fun there. I've also recently done the Lyft credit thing. Once upon a time they'd drive a loaner to you, take your car back, and return it to you at a location of your choosing (work, home.) That was the bees knees.

$1k seems like a ton to me because it's after multiple $600 door handles, a four-figure MCU failure, and a few other things. All while still paying for the dang thing. But you're right I've never owned a German or luxury car of any sort. I've only had two beaters, plus two newish cars that I didn't keep much past warranty, before Tesla. Mad props to the Ford ZX2 with reconstruction title that I paid $2k for. It had 120k miles on it and I put on another 10k only ever spending money on a single cabin lightbulb during my ownership.

Thanks! Feeling guilty after what @Starway2001 is going through, but hopefully this one sticks. New delivery is Nov 7-13.
Yeah I absolutely feel the same way just having a close EDD and I really haven't waited long, comparatively. There are plenty of people getting jerked around with no info or communication. I'm trying to restrain my excitement in light of that. Also, without warning, it could reset to April just because.