Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been following the inventory vehicles on Discord, and it baffles me how there are multiple daily MYLR with fewer than 15 miles and not designated as demo vehicles that are being sold (and snapped up in less than 2 minutes sometimes) as inventory. I have seen more than a few that resemble builds of some who have been waiting entirely too long. Just not sure why those are being released as inventory and not being assigned to customers who ordered 3 to almost 6 months ago. I understand demo vehicles, but I have not been able to figure out the rationale for brand new vehicles. Perhaps someone has some insight?
I find that frustrating. I clicked on one with the same config as mine this morning within a few seconds of its appearance on Discord. It was not far from me ($500 transportation charge) and I could have clicked through to the payment page but the price (at current retail) was $3,000 more than my price from 7/23 plus the $250 order fee. Grrr!

I find that frustrating. I clicked on one with the same config as mine this morning within a few seconds of its appearance on Discord. It was not far from me ($500 transportation charge) and I could have clicked through to the payment page but the price (at current retail) was $3,000 more than my price from 7/23 plus the $250 order fee. Grrr!
I stopped perusing the inventory listings once the price rose above my purchase price. Ignorance is bliss.

is waiting on hold with a local center's SA and then calls magically being hung up on the best way to switch from cash to finance?
I've had very good luck with the online chat function. That's how I switched my order from financing to cash (before it expired), and then to third party financing once I got a VIN. YMMV. Do you have a VIN yet?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Since I was close to the Lynnwood WA dealer and I’m scheduled for delivery tomorrow, I thought I would check to see if I could pick it up today. No luck, which is fine.

BUT I did notice that there were 5 Blue Model Ys in the lot with black interior. Very few other configurations. Maybe a little confirmation of building in batches.

Reactions: ev_ts_newbie
RyMy i tried and it kept hanging up on me during wait. They're probably slammed.

Oingo, I just tried chat again and they said they are going to make it happen. Will report back. Also, John Avila, of Oingo Boingo married my cousin. I saw him at birthday parties all the time when I was a kid. He always gave us tour t-shirts when hed return from tours.

Thank you both!

C7B9DD6C-AE8B-4D8C-9BD5-E1465C4E9309.jpeg

Yes, they sure do offer loaners but there's always a caveat that they can't guarantee availability. My last loaner was a P100D Mode S but was programmed to chill mode anyway so no fun there. I've also recently done the Lyft credit thing. Once upon a time they'd drive a loaner to you, take your car back, and return it to you at a location of your choosing (work, home.) That was the bees knees.
Ohh those were the days. I could walk out of the office, sign the form, and go back to work. Go home, come back to work and they would bring my car back. No inconvenience at all...