Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was finding a hole in deliveries after November and I could never quite understand and I even posted here that it may be due to plant shut downs to increase capacity. Now that I can see the promised deliveries to Hertz over retail buyers of Tesla car by giving them out of turn deliveries STARTING November is why everyone's delivery is pushed out by months. Very unfair of Tesla to push their loyal small retail customers to the back of the line even though they pay the same amount as Hertz is paying. If you started seeing heavy push back in your EDD after 15th September it is because Elon cut a deal with Hertz and threw Tesla's retail buyers under the bus and started giving dates in March and then April and now August. There is no supply chain issue. It is Hertz gate that is responsible for this massive delays. I am not at all happy with this.
Hertz Model3 order should not have had effect on Model Y deliveries?

Wow nice! I'm still sitting at 11/22-12/20 EDD and no VIN, despite a similar OD and east coast.

But I know it's getting close.
The road trip I mentioned to my SA in mid-Nov is actually to Philly for a wedding. Hopefully it'll be in the sweet new wheels! I'll post here if I pass a transport carrying MYs along 76!

When you get your proof of insurance, can you forward date it so you’re not insuring a car you didn’t pick up yet or did you all just start insuring it prior to taking delivery?
your insurance should set it up for the delivery date.

In my case, I just gave the insurance details to the Tesla agent and they contacted my insurance agent to complete the paper work. I didn't ever upload any insurance proof on Tesla website.

Question for the newly VINned: I know that @boingolover 's EDD shrunk considerably prior to VINning, is that something that you all experienced as well? Or did you still have an almost month EDD range?
Mine dropped from 28 days to 10 days yesterday. Then shortly after receiving my VIN it dropped to 6 days.

RyMy i tried and it kept hanging up on me during wait. They're probably slammed.

Oingo, I just tried chat again and they said they are going to make it happen. Will report back. Also, John Avila, of Oingo Boingo married my cousin. I saw him at birthday parties all the time when I was a kid. He always gave us tour t-shirts when hed return from tours.

Thank you both!
Oh wow, that's awesome!

Wait there’s a separate MYP thread?!