Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't had any contact with Tesla until I got a vin. Now I've contacted them three times. As others have mentioned the phone number is less than ideal, long hold times, and disconnects. The chat feature however, is really great. I get a live person on the other end every time, at all hours of the day, within seconds, and they have (so far) taken care of whatever I needed.

Crap! I have to vent. My order date is 7/23. That day the order page said October. My EDD has move a lot - just like everyone else’s. From Sep 25 to Oct 24 it sat at 11/4-24 - not horrible. Then if moved to 11/15-12/13. Inner peace I kept repeating. Since then I have seen many July orders and even a few August orders get VINS. This morning my EDD moved to Feb 2 - Mar 2. The only think non-standard about my config is the color blue. What the heck! Within a few days my EDD has move three months. Grrr.

Reactions: Mr clubkickz
Good Morning #teamVINsanity. Got a “pump fake” email this morning 🙄

Attachments

• 0E744C5D-16A2-421C-AB1B-E86B0A3B710F.png
    0E744C5D-16A2-421C-AB1B-E86B0A3B710F.png
    322.2 KB · Views: 90
Crap! I have to vent. My order date is 7/23. That day the order page said October. My EDD has move a lot - just like everyone else’s. From Sep 25 to Oct 24 it sat at 11/4-24 - not horrible. Then if moved to 11/15-12/13. Inner peace I kept repeating. Since then I have seen many July orders and even a few August orders get VINS. This morning my EDD moved to Feb 2 - Mar 2. The only think non-standard about my config is the color blue. What the heck! Within a few days my EDD has move three months. Grrr.
That’s crazy. Hopefully it moves back up for you. I just checked and my EDD just moved up again to the same dates as you and the only thing different is I ordered MSM instead of blue. But I am further East and ordered at the end of September with an original Edd of April. Not sure I am even ready to take delivery that early as I wanted to wait until we’ll after winter anyways since I have to drive so far to my delivery center.

Hi guys! Tomorrow is the day! I do have one question, everyone seems to give different answers. Does the agreement paperwork have to be filled out before the pick up? Tesla tells me yes, but I've seen videos of people filling it out at the location after inspection. I know payment can be completed there, because most people seems to do that even though Tesla says to do it before. Hopefully any of you guys know.

What is this about? If that's fake - how do they know the email to target?
I think they just mean the email wasn't the one they were hoping to see, namely "your car is ready! here's a vin woo!"

Actually, when I got the email that coincided with a VIN showing up in my account, it was more "pay up buddy" than congratulatory. I still haven't gotten the welcome email with helpful pdf, and I'm not sure if they still do the MS Teams group "training" or whatever.

Last edited:
That is super weird. Did you input loan for finance or cash? A lapse in the validity of that document has known to cause being put at the back of the line. Your delivery should normally be in November. What date did you complete your registration?

What is this about? If that's fake - how do they know the email to target?
Oh it’s definitely real. But still haven’t gotten a VIN and my EDD window hasn’t changed since last week. There’s just not much purpose to this email if you ask me lol unless someone here can confirm they got their VIN shortly after receiving it 👀

Reactions: PatrickTM
I think they just mean the email wasn't the one they were hoping to see, namely "your car is ready! here's a vin woo!"
Bingo! Lol I saw a notification saying “Tesla Delivery Day” and excitement builds up a little. But then I open it and it says “blah blah blah… Once your VIN is assigned, you will be notified.” 😒

That is super weird. Did you input loan for finance or cash? A lapse in the validity of that document has known to cause being put at the back of the line. Your delivery should normally be in November. What date did you complete your registration?
I input cash as part of the original order on 7/26. I completed my profile on 7/26 and confirmed it was complete with a SA on that date. I haven’t changed anything since then. I will write to my SA today and ask about it.