Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I added my odometer reading to my expired trade-in offer and it just came back lower than it had been in August (which kicked off even ordering the dang Y) but not by so much that I'd call off the whole thing.

It's still doable even if Tesla is somehow the best offer but in the coming weeks, I'll start shopping around other places. I know there have been a lot of good recommendations here - has anyone found a place that comes to you for the appraisal?

Reactions: PatrickTM
I added my odometer reading to my expired trade-in offer and it just came back lower than it had been in August (which kicked off even ordering the dang Y) but not by so much that I'd call off the whole thing.

It's still doable even if Tesla is somehow the best offer but in the coming weeks, I'll start shopping around other places. I know there have been a lot of good recommendations here - has anyone found a place that comes to you for the appraisal?
I went to Carmax, they offered $58k for my 2021 red/black/tow LRMY with 20k miles. Vroom was $46.5k, Tesla $41k.

I went to Carmax, they offered $58k for my 2021 red/black/tow LRMY with 20k miles. Vroom was $46.5k, Tesla $41k.
That's quite a difference! I just tried to do an online estimate with Carmax and it flagged me as "Hey, your car is pretty rare. Please schedule an appointment to come in." Tesla is now $42,800 for my M3LR blue on black with FSD.

Carvana gave an online $39k but I selected the options for dings/dents/scrapes, which I suspect is an exaggeration for me to select but I wanted to communicate some curb rash on the rims.

CarShop, which was recommended to me by the Tesla Sales advisor, gave a preliminary KBB range of $44-48,442 but of course caveat that they need to see it in person. They did say they can often go above KBB so who knows.

But all of these places only lock in for 7 days so it's still too soon for me to actually go in person.

Reactions: PatrickTM
That's quite a difference! I just tried to do an online estimate with Carmax and it flagged me as "Hey, your car is pretty rare. Please schedule an appointment to come in." Tesla is now $42,800 for my M3LR blue on black with FSD.

Carvana gave an online $39k but I selected the options for dings/dents/scrapes, which I suspect is an exaggeration for me to select but I wanted to communicate some curb rash on the rims.

CarShop, which was recommended to me by the Tesla Sales advisor, gave a preliminary KBB range of $44-48,442 but of course caveat that they need to see it in person. They did say they can often go above KBB so who knows.

But all of these places only lock in for 7 days so it's still too soon for me to actually go in person.
I went to a Chevy dealership, through KBB. I did mark any issues I was aware of on the car, which they really appreciated and stated I was spot on. I missed one spot, which was above my midget height. All in all, I did get what I got quoted for on Vroom but at a Chevy dealer through KBB. Chevy was slightly lower on the offer, but the car was in amazing condition so I was able to squeeze out a bit more from them, and ended up selling the second car to them too.

Same here. My delivery date is set and I have not spoken to anyone from when I placed my order to now. I’m not expecting anyone from the pickup location to reach out. It’s a contactless delivery.

I might call regarding the front plates though. I might install one of those license plate brackets.
I talked to someone on the phone Monday, and I had some questions about a form my lender requires the dealer to fill out. They said my SA would need to take care of that, and that's when they gave me the person's name and email, and he also said he'd make a note to have my SA reach out. I emailed the form to the address he provided, asked some questions, no response. Luckily the dealership is close by, I might swing by a little later this afternoon and see if I can catch someone who can actually help, give me some advice, hell, maybe even a phone number to call of someone local.

Reactions: PatrickTM and RyMY

Went trough Tesla, Carvana, vroom, carmax. Tesla gave me the worst trade in for my 16 model S, vroom gave me 10.5 k over Tesla and Caravana and Carmax were close to each other and better than Tesla by 9k.

How many miles per hour do you get with the Juicebox. When looking at the difference between the 14-50 and the Wall charger it is like 31 miles per hour to 36-37...which wasn't worth the extra money imo. I actually have a Gen 1 Wall charger as a gift for my referrals, but haven't upgraded the breaker and haven't installed it.
A more useful number for comparing charge rate is to look at the Kilowatts. So a Juicebox sells several models. The highest amperage model that uses a NEMA 14-50 plug (for any manufacturer) is going to be 40A, which at 240V is 9.6 kw. The included mobile connector with the 14-50 adapter is 32A, so 7.68 kw. To go higher than 9.6kw on 240, you need to go hard wired, and that will get you to a 48A / 240 which is 11.52 kw. The Tesla Wall Connector is hard wired only, Juicebox sells hard wired and nema plug versions, as does chargepoint flex. So I didn't buy a juicebox necessarily for the improved charge speed, but that's certainly a bonus. If I cared about max charging speed I would have went hard wired. But I like the idea of having a charger semi-permanently installed on the wall, but if something happens and it fails, maybe the contactor relay burns up etc, then I'll have the mobile connector to use as a backup while waiting to get the other one fixed. Also, that means I can leave the mobile connector in the car at all times, so I'll have it available for anything unexpected that comes up. Same reason I wanted to have a dedicated J1772 for the house in addition to the one in the car at all times. I also have a NEMA 14-50 adapter for the mobile connector. This might be a bit overkill, but the idea is this will help with any range anxiety.

How many miles per hour do you get with the Juicebox. When looking at the difference between the 14-50 and the Wall charger it is like 31 miles per hour to 36-37...which wasn't worth the extra money imo. I actually have a Gen 1 Wall charger as a gift for my referrals, but haven't upgraded the breaker and haven't installed it.
Also, one more thing, I'm not sure about the Gen 1 wall connector, but the later ones definitely let you configure a lower max amperage so it may be possible to use it without upgrading your breaker / circuit etc. Just have to use the 80% rule, i.e., you can only set your EVSE to 80% of the circuit's rated capacity.

Also, does anybody happen to know if my wife has to be there to trade in the car if her name is on the registration? It's a 2 hour trip she isn't interested in eyerolling the whole way with me. 🤣
I think that varies by state, but here in Tennessee if the title is A or B, either A or B can sell / trade, but if it's A and B, both have to be there. I just went through this yesterday with Carvana. Ours was "or", and I was able to sell it no problem. I'd definitely ask someone though.

• Informative
Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Also, does anybody happen to know if my wife has to be there to trade in the car if her name is on the registration? It's a 2 hour trip she isn't interested in eyerolling the whole way with me. 🤣
Pretty sure my husband co signed if you log into your account under the “completed tasks” it tells you the “registrant(s) need to be there for delivery”.

Let's tell a story... Yesterday when the "Order Status" page was down for maintenance, I immediately thought they were updating my page so that i would have a VIN.. I was happy, ecstatic even - then found it was down for everyone and knew that wasn't it..
Today, i restart my computer and distill isn't pulling data in.. I immediately think my creds just need refreshed.. i logged in and BAM! BLUE BUTTOM AND A VIN!!! ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!! 7/12 OD | MSM | Black Interior | Gemini's! I'M SO EXCITED!!! - Ok, back to work.... VIN=3041XX

Let's tell a story... Yesterday when the "Order Status" page was down for maintenance, I immediately thought they were updating my page so that i would have a VIN.. I was happy, ecstatic even - then found it was down for everyone and knew that wasn't it..
Today, i restart my computer and distill isn't pulling data in.. I immediately think my creds just need refreshed.. i logged in and BAM! BLUE BUTTOM AND A VIN!!! ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!! 7/12 OD | MSM | Black Interior | Gemini's! I'M SO EXCITED!!! - Ok, back to work.... VIN=3041XX
MF3041XX vin?