Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's here in the garage! Got an appointment for PPF in two weeks (soonest they could do since I'm out of town next week) for $1400 full front. My Gen 1 charger that I got off ebay works great and charges at 40A. Got front mud flaps put on, screen protector, cup insert, and floor mats! And and it says it does 328 miles on a full charge which is interesting.

View attachment 727362

View attachment 727363
It's weird, MSM was the option we were bouncing back and forth between that and blue - and don't get me wrong, MSM is a great color, and I still think blue is my favorite - but at this point, red is the only color that I see and think maybe we should have ordered that instead. Beautiful car!

Is PatrickTM still alive on this thread?
He is the TMC world record like
👍
holder so he will be back.
Lol good ol PatrickTM. I always see him pop into here or like a post
😄
Indeed!! I’m now actively waiting and definitely reading, learning, and keeping up on others’ experiences. I buy the likes 👍 in bulk at Costco and hand them out for free to all y’all.

For folks who want to hear another story from PatrickTM (yup, my name is trademarked so you can’t steal my identity, obviously) I got one for you. And to the thread police out here, no, it’s not Tesla related. Yes, I am waiting for my Tesla, see my sig for wait time and EDD updates.

A long time friend from my college days is here visiting us in Massachusetts all week. Just happened to perfectly coincide with a massive weeklong rain storm but whatever, we make shite work around here. I booked us a beach cabin on the South Shore as a cool little getaway, figured we wouldn’t get tondo much but just sit around the fireplace, be cozy and watch the waves and storms outside. Wednesday was rainy and windy at our house (NW outside of Boston) but as we approached the South Shore things looked way worse. We drove around at least one downed power line, about a dozen powerless traffic lights, two roads blocked by downed trees (one with police, one without anyone there…spooky), all driving in pitch black. We kept going because it was barely sprinkling and light wind, but I could tell it rained pretty bad earlier that day.

At this point we had driven about 1.5 hours, and less than a mile away from the cabin driving along the beach was when it got really dicey. Water on the road! I know better than to just drive into water like an idiot, so I got out and walked in the water to check depth. Ankle depth - about 3”. Okay, we proceed. About half a mile away from the cabin, the water level decreased but the road was completely covered by mud from when it was flooded and washed out earlier that day. The Prius wheels simply sank into the fresh mud/sand that washed onto the road. We got stuck, but were able to reverse out of there and that’s when we decided: it’s definitely time to go home and figure out refunds later. Stopped along the away to get some phở to raise our spirits and called it quits while we were ahead.

The next day (Thu) I hosed off all the salt water that touched the underbody of the car the best I could, and came across photos from the town, if anyone interested. I had no idea it was that bad out there, otherwise I wouldn’t have gone out. Probably one of the worst storms of the season. Crazy day! Photos: South Shore residents, utility crews wading through nor'easter damage

PS: I feel like some people here will really protect their Model Y, and baby them with the PPF and ceramic coating. I appreciate the effort that goes into keeping a car show level detailed, but I will not do that. I will, however, do my best to keep it reasonably clean and try not to drive it through seawater and take it inadvertently mudding. But I absolutely will not stop going on crazy fun adventures! 😎

Last edited:
Who are you planning to use?
I liked Auto Armor, but they apparently went up in price (this wait is messing everything up), 7500 - 8K,
So I am looking at one of the Xpel vendors (whichever is the cheapest:
MadTinter, Auto Armor, Velocity Motorcars, TruShine, Blackout Tint, Mario's Tint and Tennessee Paint Protection.
Waiting to hear back. No rush, since there is no car to do anything on yet.

Reactions: boingolover
It's here in the garage! Got an appointment for PPF in two weeks (soonest they could do since I'm out of town next week) for $1400 full front. My Gen 1 charger that I got off ebay works great and charges at 40A. Got front mud flaps put on, screen protector, cup insert, and floor mats! And and it says it does 328 miles on a full charge which is interesting.

View attachment 727362

View attachment 727363
Love the Maximoff reference

And to wrap everything up, here are all of my EDDs from ordering to pick up:

7/24: November
7/25: no EDD
7/28: 7/31-8/18
7/29: no EDD
7/30: 8/2-8/20
7/31: 8/3-8/18
8/1: no EDD
8/2: December
8/3: no EDD
8/7: 8/12-9/1
8/8: December
8/10: no EDD
8/11: 8/14-9/1
8/12: 10/20-11/9
8/13: 10/22-11/11
8/14: 10/23-11/12
8/16: 10/22-11/11
8/26: January
8/30: 11/6-11/26
10/2: 10/21-11/10
10/11: 10/16-10/30
10/17: 10/20-11/1
10/21: 10/24-11/3
10/23: 10/26-10/30 VIN EDD
Delivered: 10/29

There are five general campers.
1- That spend 10K on the FSD no PPF
2- That spend 4-7K on PPF no FSD
3- That spend 14-17K on FSD + PPF
4- No FSD and only limited to no PPF
5- FSD (10K) but only limited to no PPF

WHICH camp are you in?? Just say camp 1,2,3 or 4
Trying to be in camp 2 (but they upped the pricing on me).

Hate to say it but I think #3 with attempting a self done PPF

I will reevaluate getting FSD in about 3-4 years. Maybe at that point it’ll reduce driving stress rather than add to it. For protection, I’m just going with big mud flaps.

I will reevaluate getting FSD in about 3-4 years. Maybe at that point it’ll reduce driving stress rather than add to it. For protection, I’m just going with big mud flaps.
Wish I had been that clever!!! FSD certainly is a waste now but I got pulled into that hype. Regards to PPF, I may try to get a quote to focus on only some high impact zones. If anyone is aware of some PPF guys in PA Philadelphia area that gives good deals please post :))

Reactions: PatrickTM
Wish I had been that clever!!! FSD certainly is a waste now but I got pulled into that hype. Regards to PPF, I may try to get a quote to focus on only some high impact zones. If anyone is aware of some PPF guys in PA Philadelphia area that gives good deals please post :))
The hype, oh yes, that's totally understandable! It doesn't help that Elon describes it as "mind-blowing" and "superhuman" when in reality, it is anything but. The good news is now you'll be getting every incremental update on the path to somewhat self-driving, and get to test each small advancement. My personal opinion is that it'll never be true self-driving, but will certainly become an awesome driver aid in the coming years.

And if you find that's not worth your time and stress, well, at least you have Autopilot Lane Change which truly is a useful and convenient feature.

The hype, oh yes, that's totally understandable! It doesn't help that Elon describes it as "mind-blowing" and "superhuman" when in reality, it is anything but. The good news is now you'll be getting every incremental update on the path to somewhat self-driving, and get to test each small advancement. My personal opinion is that it'll never be true self-driving, but will certainly become an awesome driver aid in the coming years.

And if you find that's not worth your time and stress, well, at least you have Autopilot Lane Change which truly is a useful and convenient feature.
I just texted them asking if it is ok to remove FSD at this point. Don’t want to affect delivery time so won’t remove if it affects that

Reactions: DZMY and PatrickTM

I’m with you. I’ll do my best to keep it clean but not spending thousands to protect it. I bought the Tesla mud flaps and may spring the $50 for the Tesla door ppf but that’s all I’m doing. If I regret it later I’ll be sure to tell no one and keep it to myself. 🤣

My wording changed too, and my SA reached out to me first for the first time. I think we may be on our way!
My theory is that the new language was introduced for folks beyond a certain day count. Let’s see if it stacks up… I’m on day 99 today and noticed this change couple of days back.

How about others seeing this change - what’s the general count of days since your OD?