Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The hype, oh yes, that's totally understandable! It doesn't help that Elon describes it as "mind-blowing" and "superhuman" when in reality, it is anything but. The good news is now you'll be getting every incremental update on the path to somewhat self-driving, and get to test each small advancement. My personal opinion is that it'll never be true self-driving, but will certainly become an awesome driver aid in the coming years.

And if you find that's not worth your time and stress, well, at least you have Autopilot Lane Change which truly is a useful and convenient feature.
So earlier I remember that auto lane change was reserved for FSD and not available in autopilot.
Did that change?

If yes, then what extra function does FSD buy you?

MYLR amigos- Got a text confirming our MYLR has arrived at Devon PA so after checking and cleaning can be available for pickup at 5PM today. I am not removing the FSD. A friend of mine is in the same boat and considering to remove.
I feel it’s ok. $10K is big but what the heck. I think it will certainly be helpful during nighttime highway trips. Also maybe get the beta version and do some testing for all of the future Tesla amigos!!!

There are five general campers.
1- That spend 10K on the FSD no PPF
2- That spend 4-7K on PPF no FSD
3- That spend 14-17K on FSD + PPF
4- No FSD and only limited to no PPF
5- FSD (10K) but only limited to no PPF

WHICH camp are you in?? Just say camp 1,2,3 or 4
4. I would ideally love to get a full stealth PPF for both the protection and the aesthetics, but I can’t stomach paying >$5k for that right now. I’m definitely doing a ceramic coating at minimum. If I do PPF it’d be no more than just a full frontal.

My theory is that the new language was introduced for folks beyond a certain day count. Let’s see if it stacks up… I’m on day 99 today and noticed this change couple of days back.

How about others seeing this change - what’s the general count of days since your OD?
I agree with this. I’ve been waiting 130 days and this is what mine changed to awhile back.

My theory is that the new language was introduced for folks beyond a certain day count. Let’s see if it stacks up… I’m on day 99 today and noticed this change couple of days back.

How about others seeing this change - what’s the general count of days since your OD?
My OD is the same as you and I have the new language. But my current EDD is 2/2-3/2. Inner peace…

What does ceramic really do? Is it really beneficial?
Ceramic coating helps stains to not penetrate & potentially damage your paint. Also has hydrophobic qualities, so much easier to keep your car clean & easier to wash it. Kinda like a car wax x10, and lasts much longer than a wax. Doesn’t protect against minor dings much tho as PPF does. Most ideal thing is to get PPF and then ceramic coating on top.

Someone posted a pretty good YouTube vid in here not too long ago explaining the benefits of ceramic coating. Gonna try to find it & repost.

My OD is the same as you and I have the new language. But my current EDD is 2/2-3/2. Inner peace…
I have an order date just under a week later (93 days out as of today but who's counting?) and have that revised language. My EDD has held steady for a while now. November-December, which is 1-2 months later than I was originally told, but not nearly as far as your window. Hopefully that adjusts.

Reactions: Nomogaz
FFC920C2-2D19-467F-AB33-88986673542C.jpeg
What does ceramic really do? Is it really beneficial?
I had Opticoat Plus professionally applied on my Porsche Macan. It basically makes the car look like it has been professionally detailed every time you wash it. Makes washing really easy (I use Optimum No-rinse Wash and Wax). It does protect the paint underneath and makes it easier to remove things like bird poo (although still really important to remove ASAP), etc. Once up in Tahoe my car was sprayed with tree sap, looked like it was paint overspray and the car was covered in it. It just wiped away during my next wash after my long drive back to OC with no damage. The ceramic coating can still be affected by bird poo left on too long, hard water spots (stay away from sprinklers) and can get swirls in them just like a clear coat can, so it’s not indestructible. Take care of it though and it’ll look awesome for years. I also did my wheels, but really for a Tesla not much need since brake dust is not much of an issue.

I didn’t coat my SR+ but used same washing technique and the paint looked great (no swirls) after 2+ years. I won’t be doing my Y either. About to do my first wash to see how my repainted door actually looks. Fingers crossed.

Pic of Porsche just after 20 minutes wash n

Got a VIN. MF305xxx

Red with Black interior and 19 inch

EDD now shows 10/31-11/4

MVPA still shows CA 1500 credit instead of 750? So that means if i take delivery after 1st will it be the same?

Also another question was, my agreements review button is still greyed out. Is it normal? Got an email to make a payment, but there is no option to pay. Weird.

Appreciate if anyone can answer. Thanks

I’m with you. I’ll do my best to keep it clean but not spending thousands to protect it. I bought the Tesla mud flaps and may spring the $50 for the Tesla door ppf but that’s all I’m doing. If I regret it later I’ll be sure to tell no one and keep it to myself. 🤣
To be fair, mine is less about the paint protection and more about the Satin matte. I am just skeptical about wraps.

I am day 73…

4. I would ideally love to get a full stealth PPF for both the protection and the aesthetics, but I can’t stomach paying >$5k for that right now. I’m definitely doing a ceramic coating at minimum. If I do PPF it’d be no more than just a full frontal.
My wife feels the same, but when I showed her how it looks she just rolled her eyes, but she stopped saying heck no…so that is my tacit approval. 😬

I’m with you. I’ll do my best to keep it clean but not spending thousands to protect it. I bought the Tesla mud flaps and may spring the $50 for the Tesla door ppf but that’s all I’m doing. If I regret it later I’ll be sure to tell no one and keep it to myself. 🤣
I'd recommend getting mud flaps from any other place but Tesla. Their mud flaps sag after installation and you only get the front ones .. Abstract Ocean / RPM tesla and many others have better ones and front & rear .. I personally installed the AO ones and they look great.

Got a VIN. MF305xxx

Red with Black interior and 19 inch

EDD now shows 10/31-11/4

MVPA still shows CA 1500 credit instead of 750? So that means if i take delivery after 1st will it be the same?

Also another question was, my agreements review button is still greyed out. Is it normal? Got an email to make a payment, but there is no option to pay. Weird.

Appreciate if anyone can answer. Thanks
From what I’ve read you will need to take delivery on or before the 1st. On the 2nd it gets reduced. Agreements button becomes enabled 24 hours before your scheduled delivery.