Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plenty of Mach-Es on the lot around here - and this is only one dealer. Some ID.4s, too...but not many.
My experience in shopping for the Mach-E is that these cars are not available. The dealers will post cars that haven’t arrived yet and then keep the ad up even after the car was sold. And when they do come in, they are sold the same day at $10K over MSRP. It is easier to put in an order and wait 6+ months than chase phantom cars advertised by dealers as being for sale. At least this was my experience shopping in the SF Bay Area. The demand exceeds the supply on these cars too.

There are five general campers.
1- That spend 10K on the FSD no PPF
2- That spend 4-7K on PPF no FSD
3- That spend 14-17K on FSD + PPF
4- No FSD and only limited to no PPF
5- FSD (10K) but only limited to no PPF

WHICH camp are you in?? Just say camp 1,2,3 or 4
Camp 1, 3 times over.

(Except it wasn’t $10k. It was $5k, $7k, $7k - that first one was obviously not FSD but rather original AP)
I don't even consider Congress. I just don't believe Tesla is going to sit on tens of thousands of orders at quarter end. They'll do something to address this.
This is my thinking too. If it passes I picture thousands of customers asking for deferment and a logistical nightmare for Tesla even if they kick all deferments to the back of the line.

Free supercharging is a nice fantasy to address this.

Madre Mia! Yes, you are right, base price was $52490.
$5k increase indeed, I feel so sorry for folks ordering now. And I wonder, @PatrickTM , @PhillyGal must be paying half the current price ;)
My order (7 May 2021) has a base price of $51,490 + $1,200. I wish I had ordered when it was $49k + $1.2k but I really can't complain!

Spent all yesterday diy my JuiceBox. My awesome wife took the kids trick or treating.

I forgot how frustrating it is to pull 6/3 wires through a NM liquid tight flexible conduit. Had to make a quick run to HD. No matter how prepared, there’s always something missing when DIY.

This wasn’t my first time installing a Nema 14-50. I have it connected to a 40A circuit breaker. Set the JuiceBox to max of 24A and if needed, 32A. No need to charge any faster. Will probably only charge from 11pm to 7am.

Anyone use a J1772 adapter for their Tesla and know of a way to hang it? I’m planning to leave my J1772 adapter on the charger.

Saturday is so far away.

Monday EDD update! I have seen others usually experience EDDs pushed to the right during the weekend, and snapping back on Monday. Well that didn't happen to me, instead I'm just getting a Monday push to the right. After four days of holding at 25 January to 22 February, it just updated to 22 February to 22 March. Full history:

18 Sep: order taken off hold, profile complete, new order that day showing March
22 Sep, day 4: EDD blank
15 Oct, day 27: 8Feb to 8Mar (28 day range)
27 Oct, day 39: 25Jan to 22Feb (28 day range)
1 Nov, today, day 44: 22Feb to 22Mar (28 day range)

Interesting that the date ranges always span from Tuesday to Tuesday.
E0AD713C-636B-4E5D-B1A8-4AB862B05BF7.jpeg

Camp 4.

Back in 2003, I had my 2004 TL clear bra’d. It was called clear bra at that time. It was marketed as a way to protect military helicopter rotor blades. No templates at that time. All done by hand. I did half hood, half fenders, full front bumper, and side mirrors. Total was under $1K. Since then, I have not installed ppf on any other cars, except for when it came from the factory. It was always installed in the “hind legs”. That is where I plan to install on my MY.

I had pilot assist 2 on my XC90. Only used it for a few seconds at a time. Don’t trust it. I rather be driving.

Plenty of Mach-Es on the lot around here - and this is only one dealer. Some ID.4s, too...but not many.

That dealer is tacking on $5-6K markup on base Selects (nobody really wants these - no range and the models you showed me are the base RWD - even worse) and I suspect $10K-15K markup on the GT (which is normal).

Crazy? Well... for a while I was desperate enough to put a $500 hold on an abandoned ordered Premium AWD with a $5K markup with an ETA of Dec/Jan. Folks will pay the markup... the cars do sell.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Spent all yesterday diy my JuiceBox. My awesome wife took the kids trick or treating.

I forgot how frustrating it is to pull 6/3 wires through a NM liquid tight flexible conduit. Had to make a quick run to HD. No matter how prepared, there’s always something missing when DIY.
Ah yes, the law of threes:

Anyone use a J1772 adapter for their Tesla and know of a way to hang it? I’m planning to leave my J1772 adapter on the charger.

Saturday is so far away.
I 3D printed this guy.

There was a seller on etsy that was offering them for sale, so I tried to buy from him but it was taking forever so I just borrowed a 3d printer from a friend and printed it myself. It works well, there are several variations available on thingverse but maybe there is something commercially available now.

Neither one.
Front PPF is $1.5-2k in our place. There is frankly no reason to do full-body PPF unless you want to change color or if you live in places like Maine or Minnesota. I can confirm that I have no road damage at all after 2+ years driving M3 with front-only PPF.

On FSD ... I have FSD on my M3 (for $6k), and based on my experience with FSD Beta, I don't believe it will be really that useful in the next 2-4 years when Teslas will run HW4 to pay $10k now. Considering, you can use it for $200/month, I see no reason to pay full price for FSD at this time. I may subscribe for FSD going on a long trip because it is convenient when the car changes lanes and changes highways automatically on a long trip, but for the most of driving Autopilot is sufficient. FSD is basically a broken toy at this moment.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
@RyMY this is not the seller on etsy that I had the issue with (apparently they've taken their store offline anyway). This is a slightly different design but this might be a nice option:

@RyMY this is not the seller on etsy that I had the issue with (apparently they've taken their store offline anyway). This is a slightly different design but this might be a nice option:

Thank you!

I’ve also been meaning to get a 3D printer but I’ll probably just print meaningless toys. Lol.

The Blues are getting no love. I ordered 7/23 and my EDD is Feb 2 - Mar 2. “I guess that’s why they call it the blues.”-Elton John
I have the same config, ordered a few days later and I'm still Nov 17-Dec 15. I see @imbluedabadee has a similar config a few days later and is even earlier. Different geographic locations. But still so hard to understand. I expect yours will get moved back to a reasonable timeline. But it is frustrating in between.

Hi everyone, haven’t had a chance to tell you all about my experience getting the car on 10/28. The delivery went pretty good. The worst thing about picking up in Brooklyn is that we couldn’t find parking. So my wife had to go in first and I spent 20 minutes looking for a spot. So she got to see the car before me 😢. That bummed out because I’ve been the feen 😂 and she’s been ultra relaxed about all this. When I finally got there, I got chills. It was love at first sight, everything I imagined it to be. The only issue was that the frunk hood was slightly misaligned but the rep saw it and we put in a service request for it, otherwise everything else was flawless and clean. We were there for about an hour just looking everything over on the exterior, interior and putting in our settings. Never felt rushed at all, I honestly don’t know how I could ever go to a dealership after this. We used Tesla Prep for our checklist https://teslaprep.glideapp.io. You can save it on your phone Home Screen as an app. Great checklist.

The only true bummer of all this was that we couldn’t really enjoy the car too much because we took her straight to a shop for PPF and tints. Got Furiosa back on Saturday and just spent the day making her all pretty with the huge amount of accessories we bought her.

The wait for her was worth it. So if anyone is struggling just know that once you see your car all that stress and frustration will vanish. I waited 130 days, most of you now will wait more but the car is a dream and the wait just made the day more eventful and satisfying.
Congratulations on taking possession of your new MY. I remember being excited for my wife when I “surprised” her with her M3. I drove it home from the dealership and parked it in the garage before she got home. Those were the good ole days. I ordered the car and it was delivered in the EDD window. I hope I get my MYLR this Friday. No word yet however.

Congratulations on taking possession of your new MY. I remember being excited for my wife when I “surprised” her with her M3. I drove it home from the dealership and parked it in the garage before she got home. Those were the good ole days. I ordered the car and it was delivered in the EDD window. I hope I get my MYLR this Friday. No word yet however.
I guess you can't reject the car since it's not delivered yet? That's pretty damn frustrating it sounds like.

My experience in shopping for the Mach-E is that these cars are not available. The dealers will post cars that haven’t arrived yet and then keep the ad up even after the car was sold. And when they do come in, they are sold the same day at $10K over MSRP. It is easier to put in an order and wait 6+ months than chase phantom cars advertised by dealers as being for sale. At least this was my experience shopping in the SF Bay Area. The demand exceeds the supply on these cars too.
On several occasions some time ago I inquired about Mach-Es on various dealer sites and always got the same response “oh, we no longer have that vehicle but you can order one. When can you come into the dealership?” Always felt like a bait and switch. The one time a dealer actually had the vehicle they want $7k over msrp.

Reactions: PatrickTM