Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I first learned about the wonders of Tesla cars from a comic strip called The Oatmeal: What it's like to own a Tesla Model S (a cartoonist's review of his magical space car). Reading this review caused me to want to someday own a Tesla. Mission accomplished!
This article is exactly what I thought of when I saw the name Oatmeal. Once upon a time the piece was standard knowledge in all corners of the Tesla web but it's old school so I didn't mention it here.

Still holds up as a great piece!

Ah damn. Picked up a 2021 MYLR7 yesterday and the driver side window is so damned distorted, everytime I look at the side mirror, I instantly get nauseous. Wished I picked it up during inspection, I’d never accept delivery. Now I gotta wait for appointment and it’s well into December. Just my luck. That was literally the only flaw aside from some fender misalignment.
Wow that stinks! Thanks for posting though- my delivery day will be in the next 2 weeks (MYLR7) and I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for this!

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Just in…

Hertz Will Have to Wait for Teslas, Just Like Other Buyers​

Tesla and Hertz are negotiating over how quickly Hertz will receive deliveries from a bulk order of 100,000 Tesla electric cars for its rental fleet, according to people familiar with the matter.

Could this be true or a marketing ploy to cool the heat from the blowback about cutting in line

Last edited:
Just in…

Hertz Will Have to Wait for Teslas, Just Like Other Buyers​

Tesla and Hertz are negotiating over how quickly Hertz will receive deliveries from a bulk order of 100,000 Tesla electric cars for its rental fleet, according to people familiar with the matter.

Could this be true or a marketing ploy to cool the heat from the blowback about cutting in line
That is great news! I just looked up my delivery date today. My EDD went back to my original EDD of December delivery! I think Elon did not like throwing retail customers under the bus in preference for a large corporate order. Everyone gets delivery in the order of booking date. How egalitarian and sweet. I will miss out on the rebate but I never booked based on the rebate. Happy to sell one of our Lexus SUV during the holiday's when demand will be more.

GM folks. I know I’m not the only one here that gets pissed at the gas station wondering where my Tesla is. I was pumping gas this morning and felt myself getting an attitude… 😡😆
The Costco has the cheapest gas around, and the longest lines around. I'm too cheap to fill up elsewhere, but I can't wait to skip those lines - at least some of the time.

The Costco has the cheapest gas around, and the longest lines around. I'm too cheap to fill up elsewhere, but I can't wait to skip those lines - at least some of the time.
Only 72 hours or so until you won’t have to worry about gas lines (at least for this vehicle)… exciting stuff!

Fair points all around. These growing pains were inevitable and one of the reasons I didn't go for the ID.4, IONIQ 5, EV6, or Mach-E. They'll flesh them out in a year or so, and the software in a few years probably. But we needed a car now, so here we are!

T-6 days.
I actually had the ID.4 reserved, mostly because I've never paid more than $40K for a car and wanted an EV. Then I got to drive one and promptly cancelled my order. It was anemic with slower acceleration and less cargo space than my Mazda. I was also concerned about the spotty, unreliable EA charging network and the large number of problems being reported in the VWID4 forum.

I just went over 2000 miles on my MYP and have never loved a car more than this one. "No Regerts!" 🤓

Ordered a Blue MYLR yesterday (11/3) with an EDD of "June". Woke up this morning with an EDD 3/5-4/2. I'm guessing that moves around a bit.

Oh it definitely does.

Order Date: 7/14/21
Current EDD: Oct, None, Oct, None, Oct, None, Oct, 10/21-11/10, 10/24-11/13, 10/26-11/15, Oct, 11/9-11/29, 10/27-11/16, 11/8-12/6, 11/10-11/21, 12/8-12/31, 11/15-11/29

GM folks. I know I’m not the only one here that gets pissed at the gas station wondering where my Tesla is. I was pumping gas this morning and felt myself getting an attitude… 😡😆
Me, from December 2014 to February 2018. You see, during that time I drove a Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3ish days a week, and a Tesla Model S the rest. But the Model S was *technically* my husband's daily driver and he refused - REFUSED - to pump gas ever again. So during the horrible wait between reserving a Model 3 in March of 2016 and getting it just shy of 2 years later, I had a countdown on my phone of how many trips to the gas station I had left in my life.

Hey all. Short time lurker, first time poster.

I ordered a red MYP on 10/8 and Tesla's website is showing delivery between 12/13 - 12/31. No VIN assigned yet, so I'm presuming it will be a 2022 model. Is Tesla holding to their estimated delivery schedules for performance models pretty well?

I may trade my 2017 Yukon Denali (PIF, 34K miles), so curious to hear feedback from other buyers who went through the trade process vs. CarMax, Carvana, Vroom, etc.

My OD was 8/31 and at that time, was estimated as January. This is for a MYLR, 19" Wheel, Grey on Black 5 seater. The Sales Associate didn't properly explain the completing of the Profile to include Payment method, I only heard him say, if you are going to Finance, dont fill this out until your closer to your delivery date as it will hit your credit report right away. So, never did the payment section. I tried to not look every day as I didnt want it or expect it before Jan. Looked last week and it was saying April. My Trade in quote expired already, but I finally just hit Cash as I was not going to end up financing via Tesla. Next day, I saw the EDD of March 15 - April 12. I emailed my SA questioning this. He called me back and said I needed to complete the Trade in Section again. I updated this to say not trading in my Vehicle to Tesla and then got the second page for insurance info. SA said once that was all complete my EDD should update. As of now, the only thing outstanding is Review Agreements, not sure if that will come closer to delivery or any day now. Either way, I am wondering if I screwed myself by not having my profile completed back in Sept and now have to wait 2 more months, or if a OD of 8/31 should still show in March.

Worst thing I could have done is start reading these forums as now i want my car NOW. Plan always was to wait until Jan just incase we get a tax credit.

Replying to myself...Turns out that when they did the subwoofer install at the factory, it pinched the wiring harness and snapped the wire to the turn signal. All fixed now. Super happy to have Oatmeal home. Yes, its name is Oatmeal. Don't know why, it just popped in my head and seemed to fit perfectly for the car.

I still am not believing that my MYLR is in my driveway after only 59 days since ordering. I'm watching you guys with 100+ days and am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Pics of Oatmeal and its smaller sibling Blueberry.😁
Congrats. If I ever get my MYLR, we will be a M3 MY family as well.