Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I probably didn’t word it correctly. Before today’s price chang the base price had increased $3,000 since I ordered. After today the base price is now $4,000 more but the MSM color dropped by $1,000. So it sounds like if I switch to inductions I would have to pay $2,000 for inductions and another $3,000 for the price increase. Not worth $5,000. Will either get aftermarket wheels or aftermarket wheel covers.
Pretty sure if you talk to your service advisor about switching you will be paying the price it was on your order day. So you shouldn’t lose money abs it should be the same as if you had ordered the inductions in the first place.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
However, I was hoping to not have to deal with 2 sets of tires/wheels anymore and just get a good set of all seasons with good winter ratings. Even though I have usually had a set of winter wheels, most people around here get by fine with all seasons.
I grew up in Schenectady, NY. IMO, with a Tesla you should get snow tires and a 2nd set of wheels. There are a lot of trade-offs involved in making tires for EVs. For example, the tires for some performance models cannot/should-not be used at temperatures below 20F. Teslas are heavy cars. The conventional wisdom may not suffice. Good tires are cheap insurance.

Have you looked at Martian wheels? They can boost your range, especially the 19x8.5". If you're planning summer road trips then you could use the Geminis with snow tires for the winter and the higher efficiency Martian wheels for the summer.

BTW: Dax of the DaxM YT channel has a lot of great tips for driving and caring for a Tesla in the winter. He's up in Ontario. Here are some of them.

Long Range, blue paint, white interior, tow package, 19" wheels, no FSD, 5 seats.
As others have said, wow! Dang lucky!
All seasons and common sense winter driving works well. It’s always those in SUVs with AWD that they think they can defy the laws of physics.
I'm entering my 8th winter with a Model S and have had 4 winters with a Model 3 - both RWD. I've only ever used all seasons and common sense. (On the smaller wheels offered, so another strike against my Y coming with 20s...) The S was the only car I ever felt truly safe driving in the snow with when I got it. Had only owned small coupes before.

It snows in Philly but it's usually cleared within a day due to plows and traffic, so it's not worth the money plus I have zero storage space, to have a seasonal wheel set up. It basically amounts to 5 or 10 days with flakes on the ground each year. Doubly true if you have a job you can get out of on the first/bad day of each snow, or can do remotely.

And yes, pickups and SUVs with AWD somehow forget that while AWD will help you get out of a snowy parking lot, it is a DRIVEtrain, not a STOPtrain, and won't do spit to prevent you from sliding.

Hey everyone. Received my VIN a little over a week ago with no updates on Delivery other than a small 6 day window.. Any idea when i should actually expect delivery? Thx
For me there was about a 4 day lag between VIN and the text to schedule delivery. I'm not sure what's normal (don't think teslike tracks this specific info), but how close are you to your 6 day window?

5 days to the window. Trying to sell my current car and planning it as close as possible
Be careful with that, you might end up without a car for a few days. I was inside the window for a day and now they moved it out another week. :mad:

Ordered - 7/27
LR Y, Red paint, Black interior, 19 inch wheels, 5 seat, no tow, no FSD

Estimated Delivery Date was December to start
Then EDD was October 20 - November 09
Was January for a few days
Then Oct 24 - Nov 13 for a while
Nov 4 - Nov 24
Nov 4-24
Oct 23 - Nov 12
Nov 4 - Dec 2
Nov 11 - Dec 9

No VIN yet.

Hey everyone. Received my VIN a little over a week ago with no updates on Delivery other than a small 6 day window.. Any idea when i should actually expect delivery? Thx
I received email for final payment on 10/21 and congratulatory text to schedule delivery on 10/27.

After I getting my VIN I believe I might have superpowers now. Just random visions, when I’m sleeping, of everything Tesla. I think you might get the text today.

You should call the SC or the 888-518-3752 number and someone will be able to track and give you a better definite day. They can probably schedule you too at the same time.

i see my EDD move to September, till yesterday it was feb10-mar10 , not sure what went wrong.. anyone see similar kind of change in your EDD

+1 - what's your OD?

not sure what just happened but EDD pushed all the way to September !!!! (details in signature)
I did not realize that "wake me up when September ends" would be playing again, so soon! Seems like we were just coming out of September.

Anyway, don't worry about it, it'll bounce back.

Another option is to Plastidip the aero covers and/or Gemini wheels themselves. Ultimately, I went with the inductions rather than the DIY option, but I also ordered when the base price was 5k(!) less. Here's a thread with some pictures as an example. Black Model Y with Black Plasti Dip Gemini Wheels
I am thinking of doing that to the wheel, with aero caps removed, if the Y comes with the silver/white ish ones. If it is like the M3, like greyish, I may not touch them. My brother removed the aero caps and it looks nice as is.
Mind you, removing the caps was not an easy task for us, so he was sent to the SC to have them remove them, rather than us breaking them. I am planning to have them removed the day I pick up my car.