Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ArrogantSeeker hey congratulations! So, sounds like you got a pretty big decision to make, are you going to take that '21 Model Y home? Also, what's the VIN?
Oh yes!! I am freaking out! And yes I am planning to take it as I am afraid if I reject, I may be waiting for months, unless others can chime in otherwise.
On the phone with DCU right now.

Vin is MF302. I have a feeling it may be Yes007's car.

I got a VIN!! MF306XXX OD: 7/29. I was looking at the Existing Inventory page and decided to chat with a rep and ask if there were any available outside the 200 mile search radius. She found a LR AWD Blue/White/5 Seat/19”/Tow/NoFSD available (I originally ordered White but after seeing the MY in person, I wanted Blue or Gray). I jumped on it and said, “If it’s available, I WANT IT.” Now, it’s mine and will be taking delivery next week once it arrives in Burbank! So excited!

Picked up Black Panther yesterday! 15 minutes to look around the car and another 15 minutes for SA to go over a few items and pair phones and keys. Had 42 miles on it so it had a few break in trips, but it’s over 100 now. 😂 Took neighbors for ride this afternoon. Must have missed the update but now all the USB ports except the glovebox are the smaller USB-C…more Amazon packages arriving tomorrow. Installed TuxMats front and middle, blue lights in doors and foot wells, center console tray. Tomorrow screen protector and a rinse off ( Black is going to be tough to keep clean)

Picked up Black Panther yesterday! 15 minutes to look around the car and another 15 minutes for SA to go over a few items and pair phones and keys. Had 42 miles on it so it had a few break in trips, but it’s over 100 now. 😂 Took neighbors for ride this afternoon. Must have missed the update but now all the USB ports except the glovebox are the smaller USB-C…more Amazon packages arriving tomorrow. Installed TuxMats front and middle, blue lights in doors and foot wells, center console tray. Tomorrow screen protector and a rinse off ( Black is going to be tough to keep clean)
where'd you get lights from / which center console tray are you getting? I'm interested in getting those too

Reactions: Icebowlpacker
Oh yes!! I am freaking out! And yes I am planning to take it as I am afraid if I reject, I may be waiting for months, unless others can chime in otherwise.
On the phone with DCU right now.

Vin is MF302. I have a feeling it may be Yes007's car.
YMMV

I had the same doubt and went to the SC and talked with my SA - he told he can put it on hold, and he was really certain, I will get another one by Dec even I release the hold by Nov end. It seems I will not go back to the end of the line.

I just decided to go ahead with the delivery though for reasons (un)known :)

YMMV

I had the same doubt and went to the SC and talked with my SA - he told he can put it on hold, and he was really certain, I will get another one by Dec even I release the hold by Nov end. It seems I will not go back to the end of the line.

I just decided to go ahead with the delivery though for reasons (un)known :)
Yeah I am not willing to risk it.
The car is somewhere between Cali and Chicago lol. That's all I got from the phone call, when I called to switch to financing. DCU takes 2 days to get back to you on the loan, so if anyone is going to go through them, plan ahead. The SA told me not to worry yet, as the car is still in transit and only worry once I get a call from the SC and if financing/payment is still not finished. So I have a few days. I asked my brother and he said it was the same 2 days for decisioning and then 2 days for check, so not to be over concerned. The only thing concerning me is that I just bought the house, which actually isn't even visible yet on my credit, when the lady at DCU ran my application. So a bit nervous on that aspect.

And since y'all are like family members here, please keep me in your prayers/wishes. Looking to switch jobs as well, after being at the current employer for about 15 years! 🤗

Lots of things happening at the same time!! 🥴😵‍💫

Yeah I am not willing to risk it.
The car is somewhere between Cali and Chicago lol. That's all I got from the phone call, when I called to switch to financing. DCU takes 2 days to get back to you on the loan, so if anyone is going to go through them, plan ahead. The SA told me not to worry yet, as the car is still in transit and only worry once I get a call from the SC and if financing/payment is still not finished. So I have a few days. I asked my brother and he said it was the same 2 days for decisioning and then 2 days for check, so not to be over concerned. The only thing concerning me is that I just bought the house, which actually isn't even visible yet on my credit, when the lady at DCU ran my application. So a bit nervous on that aspect.

And since y'all are like family members here, please keep me in your prayers/wishes. Looking to switch jobs as well, after being at the current employer for about 15 years! 🤗

Lots of things happening at the same time!! 🥴😵‍💫
When things happen, they happen in a bunch. Dont worry, at the end it will all work out. Good luck with everything.

@ArrogantSeeker Congratulations! I'm not surprised there are some 2021s lying around, probably waiting on a last part before they're complete. But who cares if the car is awesome? The progression of your day sounds exactly now mine went. Casual acceptance & denial followed by lots of account checking resulting in casual acceptance & denial then BOOM! Your name has been called and the time is near!

Despite my delivery being scheduled for many days now, I'm still compulsively checking my profile for...something? So expect that to continue! I'm waiting with bated breath now for the call that my car arrived early...want it? Hah ha!

@ArrogantSeeker Congratulations! I'm not surprised there are some 2021s lying around, probably waiting on a last part before they're complete. But who cares if the car is awesome? The progression of your day sounds exactly now mine went. Casual acceptance & denial followed by lots of account checking resulting in casual acceptance & denial then BOOM! Your name has been called and the time is near!

Despite my delivery being scheduled for many days now, I'm still compulsively checking my profile for...something? So expect that to continue! I'm waiting with bated breath now for the call that my car arrived early...want it? Hah ha!
Haha I was totally not expecting a car like now! My edd was 11/20 so I hadn't been checking that frequently, and the first check today, expecting a shrink in window after seeing PhillyGal's, resulted in chaos lol.
I will be honest, wasn't expecting to see 2021, but I have a hunch it is of someone who couldn't take it unfortunately.

I am literally in waiting zones for both the car and the job. The stress is super high, yet excited 😄
And I will gladly take your car, my car, anyone's car, as long as it is red first, I may go for MSM also 🤣

So if I plan to pay my down payment with plaid / checking account, how far in advance do I need to add my bank details? Can I do it just before taking delivery? Can I wait until I'm 100% sure I want to take the car?
I used plaid for another platform, and although the transfer of funds takes a few days, it was made available on that platform right away. Not sure if Tesla works in the same manner.

Reactions: loggedout