Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh I can feel it, it’s coming up for us both!

SN: The closer I get to my EDD, the more I find myself refreshing the app. Feel like now it’s turned into an addiction… I can’t shake it! 😩
I figured once you got yours I wouldn’t be too far behind…. The refresh is an addiction.🤣 🤣

Beautiful and congrats! So why did it end up taking two hours?
I’ll give the whole convoluted story that ends up at the 2 hours.

My original delivery was Monday the 8th. I was flying from Pittsburgh yesterday, checked my phone at layover in Newark and had an email from ‘Justin’ and a missed call from him. Basically saying the same thing, “you’re all set for Monday, we need a picture of your registration for your trade in and transfer of plates”. No problem, I can do that as soon as I get to my car when I land. As I am about to reply to the email, ’Dylan’ calls me to ask the same question, see if I had any questions, and ask if I was interested in picking up tomorrow at noon because my car was already there. Well, of course I want to pick up earlier but I just got home from 4 days away so let me make sure my wife won’t plot my murder. “Ok, we’ll need a reply to the email by 6pm”. Got home, got the binding marital agreement of no murder, replied to email that I’m good to go for noon on Friday the 5th Prior to the 6pm request. Woke up this morning to run around and get the check from my bank (3rd party finance) and go to my insurance agent to change the date from the 8th to the 5th.

Ok, if you’re still with me… now I am still in the insurance agents parking lot and think that I should probably call to confirm because I never got a reply from the email the day before. Call them up. They say it still shows the 8th, I explain the phone call the day before. They say they will “message my delivery team”. (I was not aware that when I call Mt. Kisco a call center answers, not people who actually work there). After a bunch of phone calls and confusing texts they say start the 2.5 hour drive and they will get me sorted so I took the risk. When I got there the car was 45 min from being ready, which isn’t too bad given the earlier confusion. However, then there is an issue with the payment from my lender. I already had a loan for my truck through them, Tesla was buying the truck through trade, and then I was financing through the same lender. The lender told me that they would provide a check, less the trade in value of the truck, and then provide a lean release for the truck. This would save lender cutting Tesla a check, and then Tesla cutting lender a smaller check back. It would only be one check for the difference (MY cost - trade value). This did seem wierd to me and I questioned my lender but they assured me it would work multiple times… Tesla did not agree and had to have the finance department (California) call my lender to work it out. Luckily while that was happening my car came out and was nearly perfect, the only thing I found was a tiny Knick in the white dash piece but that was it. Apologies for the novel of a response, tried to sum up a few days worth of stuff that led to the delays. At the end though, I have the car 3 days earlier than planned and have the weekend to have some fun with it before going back to work. I recommend going with Tesla finance and then refinancing if you want a local lender, it was quite a difficult task to go with a 3rd party. Hope your delivery goes smooth!

Yeah I am not willing to risk it.
The car is somewhere between Cali and Chicago lol. That's all I got from the phone call, when I called to switch to financing. DCU takes 2 days to get back to you on the loan, so if anyone is going to go through them, plan ahead. The SA told me not to worry yet, as the car is still in transit and only worry once I get a call from the SC and if financing/payment is still not finished. So I have a few days. I asked my brother and he said it was the same 2 days for decisioning and then 2 days for check, so not to be over concerned. The only thing concerning me is that I just bought the house, which actually isn't even visible yet on my credit, when the lady at DCU ran my application. So a bit nervous on that aspect.

And since y'all are like family members here, please keep me in your prayers/wishes. Looking to switch jobs as well, after being at the current employer for about 15 years! 🤗

Lots of things happening at the same time!! 🥴😵‍💫
Good luck to you!

• Love
Reactions: ArrogantSeeker

My original delivery was Monday the 8th. I was flying from Pittsburgh yesterday, checked my phone at layover in Newark and had an email from ‘Justin’ and a missed call from him. Basically saying the same thing, “you’re all set for Monday, we need a picture of your registration for your trade in and transfer of plates”. No problem, I can do that as soon as I get to my car when I land. As I am about to reply to the email, ’Dylan’ calls me to ask the same question, see if I had any questions, and ask if I was interested in picking up tomorrow at noon because my car was already there. Well, of course I want to pick up earlier but I just got home from 4 days away so let me make sure my wife won’t plot my murder. “Ok, we’ll need a reply to the email by 6pm”. Got home, got the binding marital agreement of no murder, replied to email that I’m good to go for noon on Friday the 5th Prior to the 6pm request. Woke up this morning to run around and get the check from my bank (3rd party finance) and go to my insurance agent to change the date from the 8th to the 5th.

Ok, if you’re still with me… now I am still in the insurance agents parking lot and think that I should probably call to confirm because I never got a reply from the email the day before. Call them up. They say it still shows the 8th, I explain the phone call the day before. They say they will “message my delivery team”. (I was not aware that when I call Mt. Kisco a call center answers, not people who actually work there). After a bunch of phone calls and confusing texts they say start the 2.5 hour drive and they will get me sorted so I took the risk. When I got there the car was 45 min from being ready, which isn’t too bad given the earlier confusion. However, then there is an issue with the payment from my lender. I already had a loan for my truck through them, Tesla was buying the truck through trade, and then I was financing through the same lender. The lender told me that they would provide a check, less the trade in value of the truck, and then provide a lean release for the truck. This would save lender cutting Tesla a check, and then Tesla cutting lender a smaller check back. It would only be one check for the difference (MY cost - trade value). This did seem wierd to me and I questioned my lender but they assured me it would work multiple times… Tesla did not agree and had to have the finance department (California) call my lender to work it out. Luckily while that was happening my car came out and was nearly perfect, the only thing I found was a tiny Knick in the white dash piece but that was it. Apologies for the novel of a response, tried to sum up a few days worth of stuff that led to the delays. At the end though, I have the car 3 days earlier than planned and have the weekend to have some fun with it before going back to work. I recommend going with Tesla finance and then refinancing if you want a local lender, it was quite a difficult task to go with a 3rd party. Hope your delivery goes smooth!
Wow, what an ordeal! We are doing third party finance, but we're not doing a trade so that should make it considerably easier (I hope). I also live 10 minutes from where we're taking delivery. My only concern is I stopped by the dealership today and they couldn't tell me where my car was, so I'm not entirely confident it will arrive by Sunday.

So, I finally have my MYLR. It was too dark out to do a full inspection at the SC so I’m going to do a full walk around in daylight tomorrow.

Attachments

• C1716FCF-894C-4604-9FB5-7B2C8FDB5CF8.jpeg
    C1716FCF-894C-4604-9FB5-7B2C8FDB5CF8.jpeg
    557.8 KB · Views: 81
So, I finally have my MYLR. It was too dark out to do a full inspection at the SC so I’m going to do a full walk around in daylight tomorrow.
Congrats! I hope finally getting it home makes it worth the setbacks and frustration around that airbag bracket.

By the way, where did you find that flag / marker thing in front of your vehicle?

Help!! I don't know what to do anymore 🤣
Not sure which wait is worse: getting close to edd, or getting close to your dd.....
I think I'm losing it. Weekend won't help as it's adding days to this lol.
Yup, it's only getting worse. I guess the cure is the MY but what's the detox going to consist of? Setting up a chair and gazing starry-eyed at it?

That is a whirlwind! I've never financed a vehicle before so I'm just hoping all the legwork is set up fine. I'm jealous yours is early but I'm going to have several road trips over the next few months to pile the miles on and bond. My time will come...🤣

Yup, it's only getting worse. I guess the cure is the MY but what's the detox going to consist of? Setting up a chair and gazing starry-eyed at it?

That is a whirlwind! I've never financed a vehicle before so I'm just hoping all the legwork is set up fine. I'm jealous yours is early but I'm going to have several road trips over the next few months to pile the miles on and bond. My time will come...🤣
patrick-star-in-love.gif

I’m just happy I made it home without a speeding ticket.. it’s certainly a lot easier to speed than it was in my Tacoma!

Congrats! I hope finally getting it home makes it worth the setbacks and frustration around that airbag bracket.

By the way, where did you find that flag / marker thing in front of your vehicle?
Thanks. Got that from Amazon a long time ago. I may have to switch sides with my wife’s M3LR because the driver’s side window gets lodge under the cabinets when I get out of the car.

where'd you get lights from / which center console tray are you getting? I'm interested in getting those too
Amazon for both…..

BougeRV Blue Interior LED Lights Bulbs Kit for Tesla, Ultra-bright Easy-Plug with Prying Tool Tesla Model Accessories Replacement Lights Fit Tesla Model 3 Model X Model Y Model S (4 Pack Blue)​

TAPTES Center Console Organizer Tray for Tesla Model 3 Model Y 2021 Interior Accessories, Flocking Armrest Hidden Cubby Drawer Storage Box Container for Coin/Glasses/Card/Key Storage​

having issue with drivers side LED light. Tesla wiring doesn’t pull out as far on the drivers side as the passenger side so still haven’t been able to install that one…

I am debating taking the week off, for my MY and use my days before I possibly leave this job. But too close of a request now.
I guess you can offer your supervisor a free ride to their home and see if it works.

I said to my supervisor that I will only be doing only audio calls next week and offered apologies for any road sounds during the meetings. He he

Wow, all in one day - reading this made me dizzy, I am not sure how you survived.

But I guess everything turned happy when you sat in the car for drive back home. Enjoy

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Picked up Black Panther yesterday! 15 minutes to look around the car and another 15 minutes for SA to go over a few items and pair phones and keys. Had 42 miles on it so it had a few break in trips, but it’s over 100 now. 😂 Took neighbors for ride this afternoon. Must have missed the update but now all the USB ports except the glovebox are the smaller USB-C…more Amazon packages arriving tomorrow. Installed TuxMats front and middle, blue lights in doors and foot wells, center console tray. Tomorrow screen protector and a rinse off ( Black is going to be tough to keep clean)
First black exterior delivered in a good long while (I believe). Hopefully, @Dreene and I will be able to join you soon.

I guess you can offer your supervisor a free ride to their home and see if it works.

I said to my supervisor that I will only be doing only audio calls next week and offered apologies for any road sounds during the meetings. He he
It would definitely be a sweet ride to drop off my supervisor. He's in Wisconsin, I'm in Chicago. 😁