Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, figured I would drop an update here to keep the thread going with the most recent orders. Ordered my MYP (white with black interior) on November 2nd. First update to come through on delivery timing is estimating 12/29-12/31. Obviously I don't want to take delivery until 1/1 (new EV incentives going into effect) so I let the advisor I had chatted with know that and was told that once it lands at the location I have to pick it up within 72 hours of it being ready or they will cancel my order.
Unless policy changed, this last part doesn't appear true. It's more likely Tesla would cancel after the second or third failed delivery attempt. EDDs and deliveries are too unreliable for that standard to apply.

Suggested I put the order on hold by marking me "ineligible" until 12/31 so the earliest a vehicle would land would be 12/31 but it could arrive 12/31 or March, he couldn't tell me which.
Yes, this sounds right.

A buddy of mine who owns a M3P was saying not to worry about it because the car won't come before the delivery estimate and will likely be at least a couple weeks later than the initial estimate because "it always is". Wondering if anyone has had an experience with this.
Not true. My car is being delivered two months ahead of original delivery estimate. My EDD slowly shifted left, but others had sudden shifts then VINs. Again, their estimates are too unreliable to plan around them.

First off in the delivery timing related to the initial estimate, secondly delaying delivery for a week because you are unavailable, etc. My worry is that with the infrastructure bill passing that everyone is going to want to delay until 1/1. If a bunch of people get marked ineligible in front of me in line and I get moved up is that going to be a problem?
Fair concern. No one knows. Tesla definitely wouldn't want people shifting to January because that hurts Q4. Maybe they'll offer some incentive? Or maybe they'll crack down on their hold policy. I wouldn't expect that to come until after the bill passes (if it passes) AND we get close to the end of the quarter (like last 1-2 weeks of the year).

Disclaimer: sharing my understanding from reading this thread for months and past Tesla behavior.

Thanks for sharing!

As a reminder, you don't have FSD yet. If you're using enhanced autopilot, it's not meant for local roads so it being scary makes sense to me. Opt into SafetyScore/FSD Beta and if you earn a 99 or 100 after at least 100 miles, then you might be given FSD Beta for local roads. (It might still be scary, but will be way better than what you attempted now.)
That’s what I don’t understand yet. I did click on the FSD-beta and it shows as active. I have read people getting into a waiting list etc but I didn’t see anything of that sort. It was available for me to activate as soon as the cameras fully calibrated.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
So if I plan to pay my down payment with plaid / checking account, how far in advance do I need to add my bank details? Can I do it just before taking delivery? Can I wait until I'm 100% sure I want to take the car?
I messed around with this the other day. I added my bank credentials and it took me to an overlay page to pay. I closed it out and figured I'd just keep the bank connnection staged there until delivery to eliminate one more step. After refreshing the account page though the payment info seemed to be discarded and the blue payment button returned.

I plan on paying in person with Plaid after seeing the car.

Furthermore, every car comes with a basic USB drive so you don’t need to bring your own USB drive initially. But it is a very basic cheap drive so you probably want to use your own.
Welp....off to search the forums for which storage method to use and then buy more accessories! I want zero sentry mode regrets!

I messed around with this the other day. I added my bank credentials and it took me to an overlay page to pay. I closed it out and figured I'd just keep the bank connnection staged there until delivery to eliminate one more step. After refreshing the account page though the payment info seemed to be discarded and the blue payment button returned.

I plan on paying in person with Plaid after seeing the car.
I settled my down payment tab with plaid in the middle of last week. I know many want to see the car first, but I knew it would take something huge for me to refuse delivery so I got it out of the way. Turns out I would have had plenty of time to figure it out on delivery day. 🤣 and I just changed my bank login afterwards.

I settled my down payment tab with plaid in the middle of last week. I know many want to see the car first, but I knew it would take something huge for me to refuse delivery so I got it out of the way. Turns out I would have had plenty of time to figure it out on delivery day. 🤣 and I just changed my bank login afterwards.
You're probably right about my refusing delivery threshold. I'm holding back on the off chance something happens and Tesla can't produce the car on the current timeline. Several before have paid, had Tesla say "sorry car isn't ready" then waited forever for a resolution. All while being out their down payment. It'd leave a sour taste for sure.

Congrats, and thanks for the USB-C info. I haven't been following these things closely so I would have been annoyed to try to change over my set up for Sentry/Dash cam from my Model 3 only to find it not fit and be out for a few days while I ordered.

Sentry USB is still USB 3 (not USB C) .. the other 4 USBs are USB C (2 in the center console) and 2 under the rear vents.

Welp....off to search the forums for which storage method to use and then buy more accessories! I want zero sentry mode regrets!
I used the raspberry Pi solution that allows you to upload the video footage to your home NAS automatically every time the car connects to your home network. Further, it allows you to synch your music folder on the NAS and on there usb to allow you to carry your favorite songs with you. That is an added bonus. My Pi4 (you could do this with a Pi zero as well) is ready to go… just need the car. I’m going to use the Samsung 1TB SSD bought at Costco.

If you are not into the above you could use the 1TB ssd by itself.

I used the raspberry Pi solution that allows you to upload the video footage to your home NAS automatically every time the car connects to your home network. Further, it allows you to synch your music folder on the NAS and on there usb to allow you to carry your favorite songs with you. That is an added bonus. My Pi4 (you could do this with a Pi zero as well) is ready to go… just need the car. I’m going to use the Samsung 1TB SSD bought at Costco.

If you are not into the above you could use the 1TB ssd by itself.
Oooh! This is scratching me right where I itch! I'll start with a USB then migrate over to some solution like this probably. Are there special Tesla instructions or basic Pi server type setup and just plug and play with Tesla?

Is anyone else experiencing a longer than usual delay in getting an updated trade in value? I got a request to update my odometer reading on my trade-in this past Thursday morning and sent it in immediately. As of this morning, I am still getting the message "trade in valuation in progress". When I updated a month ago (on the weekend no less), I had a revised valuation back in 24 hours. I am probably just a little bit paranoid since my EDD window starts in less than 30 days and I don't want anything in my account to cause the EDD to slip further out.

Is anyone else experiencing a longer than usual delay in getting an updated trade in value? I got a request to update my odometer reading on my trade-in this past Thursday morning and sent it in immediately. As of this morning, I am still getting the message "trade in valuation in progress". When I updated a month ago (on the weekend no less), I had a revised valuation back in 24 hours. I am probably just a little bit paranoid since my EDD window starts in less than 30 days and I don't want anything in my account to cause the EDD to slip further out.
I got 10k more for trade in vs Tesla offer. Maybe check that as option.

Finally!!! Congrats! How was the pick up experience?
Pickup experience was ok. They SA wanted me to be excited (“Happy Tesla Day”) but I just wasn’t feeling that - not after a five month to the day rollercoaster ride. Did a quick look around this morning and everything looks good for the most part. The rear hatch seems a bit misaligned so I have a message out to the service department to see if it is an Ishtar can be addressed.

Attachments

• E0DED52C-9FD7-4674-8769-55E301350B07.jpeg
    E0DED52C-9FD7-4674-8769-55E301350B07.jpeg
    557.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 6F194326-1E00-4669-9FB1-4F1666C00E39.jpeg
    6F194326-1E00-4669-9FB1-4F1666C00E39.jpeg
    419.4 KB · Views: 58
Pickup experience was ok. They SA wanted me to be excited (“Happy Tesla Day”) but I just wasn’t feeling that - not after a five month to the day rollercoaster ride. Did a quick look around this morning and everything looks good for the most part. The rear hatch seems a bit misaligned so I have a message out to the service department to see if it is an Ishtar can be addressed.
You’re in Durham, too? Cool.