Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised how popular PPF is among this crowd. I'm too cheap for such a thing (and have never found it necessary - even thought I've (GASP!) brought my Teslas through auto car washes a few times.) But I'm definitely considering a wrap to cure me of the boring white.

To me, Tesla only sells two colors: Blue and Red. The rest are just lack-of-colors. But since I already have one of each of the two real colors, time for something fun and custom. Pretty sure my better half will veto anything involving glitter or rainbows.
Thanks to you and Dhw for taking me out of PPF. After reading what others had posted and started to look into it, but now realize, it’s a needless expense.

Day 109…
EDD stays, no VIN and the saga continues…
I’m right there with you. Day 109… EDD stays, no VIN, and ever hopeful.
Sunday I ordered floor mats. Yesterday I called my credit union to discuss financing. Good news there is 1.99% for 72 months.
Inner peace…

I was really hoping for the 2022, but here is my update as of this morning:
OD 09/15
EDDs:
April
02/09/2022 - 03/09/2022
11/15/2021 - 12/13/2021
01/31/2022 - 02/28/2022
01/05/2022 - 02/03/2022

Today:
11/18/2021 - 11/28/2021

So it did change to the closer dates and the range also shrunk to 10 days.
There is no VIN yet though.

Last edited:
OD 09/15
EDDs:
April
02/09/2022 - 02/09/2022
11/15/2021 - 12/13/2021
01/31/2022 - 02/28/2022
01/05/2022 - 02/03/2022

Today:
11/18/2021 - 11/28/2021

Wow! That’s a huge leap…hope you hear good news soon

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
BTW does that little hack still work to search for VIN within the page HTML code while it is not yet visible on the page?
I dunno if it still does but it didn't show for me. I happened to be messing around through the source code the morning I got my VIN and nothing was there. An hour or so later I got the email and my account showed my VIN.

OD 09/15
EDDs:
April
02/09/2022 - 03/09/2022
11/15/2021 - 12/13/2021
01/31/2022 - 02/28/2022
01/05/2022 - 02/03/2022

Today:
11/18/2021 - 11/28/2021

You might get the best of both worlds! 2022 VIN and get the car early.

OD 09/15
EDDs:
April
02/09/2022 - 03/09/2022
11/15/2021 - 12/13/2021
01/31/2022 - 02/28/2022
01/05/2022 - 02/03/2022

Today:
11/18/2021 - 11/28/2021

My EDD date was the 16-28 then it shrank to 18-24. Got the VIN shortly after that change. It is also a 2022 model with VIN 7SAYGDEE4NF308XXX

If I thought I could take the time to do it myself I would, much more cost effective. But know I would get tired and sore. Ya, I am lazy 😜
You definitely will get tired and sore but if you're handy and interested, I found it to be an interesting experience. I'm a car guy, used to do upgrades on my cars years back before wife and kids so I have some experience and I just missed the good old days of taking apart a car and putting it together. Although I didn't have to take anything apart here.
I'm trying to sell my wife on the the auto frunk thing so I can get some mechanical work in but she's not on board yet. She doesn't want me getting into the mechanics of a car that new yet.

I have an '04 Porsche 911 with a manual transmission, but no way I'm turning a 16 year old loose in that thing, nor am I keen on him learning stick shift on a car that expensive to replace a clutch on. That said, the 0-60 on this non-performance model Y is the same as that old Porsche. Kind of insane when you think about it.
Oh man, that’s a great fun car for Sunday drives and a dream of mine (in a post-daycare future, lol). Good call not letting the kiddo near it, while I’m sure any 16 yr old would love it but the situation calls for safe and slow (and cheap/easy to repair).

The Y is just crazy and until they put parental controls on it, I wouldn’t feel safe giving it to a new driver. My goal is to give this to my son in 10 years, then daughter after that most likely, again assuming they put an electric governor on it.

I do agree that the AWD experience in the Y will probably put both the Quattro and Subie to shame.

I’ve got to ask. Where is the picture shot? Looks like Shelburne Bay, assuming maybe Jericho or Underhill?

I used to live in Colchester where the Winooski River met Lake Champlain. I miss Vermont, at least northern Vermont.
Awesome and it’s actually Mt Philo in Charlotte, so you’re not far off! We hike it a lot because we live one town over and it’s a great way to tire out the little people.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I'm surprised how popular PPF is among this crowd. I'm too cheap for such a thing (and have never found it necessary - even thought I've (GASP!) brought my Teslas through auto car washes a few times.) But I'm definitely considering a wrap to cure me of the boring white.

To me, Tesla only sells two colors: Blue and Red. The rest are just lack-of-colors. But since I already have one of each of the two real colors, time for something fun and custom. Pretty sure my better half will veto anything involving glitter or rainbows.

Count me in as another member of the "no PPF group". I get why some folks would like to keep their new car looking new as long as possible, but it just isn't worth the steep expense to me. I've owned Subarus for the last 20 years and those cars were meant to be used. Blemishes and scratches were just part of the character the car develops with age. I don't have the time or energy to worry about keeping my car looking pristine. That's just me.

Oh man, that’s a great fun car for Sunday drives and a dream of mine (in a post-daycare future, lol). Good call not letting the kiddo near it, while I’m sure any 16 yr old would love it but the situation calls for safe and slow (and cheap/easy to repair).

The Y is just crazy and until they put parental controls on it, I wouldn’t feel safe giving it to a new driver. My goal is to give this to my son in 10 years, then daughter after that most likely, again assuming they put an electric governor on it.

I do agree that the AWD experience in the Y will probably put both the Quattro and Subie to shame.
They do have some controls...there is a speed limit mode where you can set the max speed limit which I think automatically puts the car in "Chill Mode".

I'm trying to sell my wife on the the auto frunk thing so I can get some mechanical work in but she's not on board yet. She doesn't want me getting into the mechanics of a car that new yet.
Also, I hear a lot of people saying recently they rarely use the frunk. Early on when the frunk was the new fun thing, it seemed the opposite. I guess that's to say it's useful to wait and see how it fits into your usage before dropping the $500+ on that feature.

I'm coming from a Subaru Legacy and excited to compare the snow performance between the two. Snow is apparently in the forecast this coming weekend so we may be testing it out earlier than expected on the return leg of our first road trip with the MY.