Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked my Red/White MYLR5 up today from Cincinnati! I kept my expectations tempered all day given some of the bad delivery experiences shared here. But that was not us! We showed up, seemingly the only ones taking delivery at that time. I was so enthralled with our delivery I didn't even think to look at some others to see if there were and 2022s for changes. We looked over the car and everything looked bang on. Panels aligned, lights in place, interior clean. I was really impressed. I had the TeslaPrep app ready to go but basically did a quick scroll through it after doing my own visual rundown. I did make sure to check door jams for issues and that seemed fine. They installed mudflaps but not the PPF. I asked about it and they said both come standard so they scheduled a service appointment in a few weeks to install the PPF for us.

While going through the car and signing the papers, my wife was laughing hysterically at the fart noises 🤣. Apparently she didn't know that was a thing and couldn't stop laughing at all the variations and making my seat fart. It made me want to marry her all over again 😍. I FaceTimed my buddies and brothers (who didn't know I ordered but knew I've been car shopping for years) and they were speechless. Just laughing that I finally pulled the trigger and managed to keep it under wraps.

On to the drive. So this was my first time even sitting in a Tesla. It's very comfortable, feels premium and clean but I wouldn't say Lexus luxury. Speakers sound great! My drive home was at dusk in traffic (and I forgot to enable autosteer) so I was limited with what I could experiment with. I basically just drove home normally but with TACC. I did a few half to one second pulls (not full throttle) on the highway and just laughed at the absurdity of the acceleration even in the LR.
The ride is firm and tight but comfortable. I only got well paved highway driving in but it's quiet too, especially compared to our previous 12 year old Legacy and current 14 year old Camry. The steering felt heavy, but it was in standard mode. I'll experiment with the other drive settings tomorrow. It's not something I can't get used to though. The one pedal driving felt very strange but I was adjusting rapidly. I like it a lot but it was part of why I felt so timid on the drive home. Such a different driving car, and much larger than I'm used to, that I was extra cautious until we become better acquainted. That won't be long!

And the name? Seven. I said it as a joke since I've forever loved Seinfeld and my wife is working her way through the series finally on Netflix. It stuck, so she still hasn't named anything 🤣 Oops.

Delivery on page 2036!

Attachments

• 02957FA3-CEF6-44AD-BC40-54BC76E3E15B.jpeg
    02957FA3-CEF6-44AD-BC40-54BC76E3E15B.jpeg
    367 KB · Views: 89
  • D5BBB879-C982-4757-9B2E-DE2D367694EE.jpeg
    D5BBB879-C982-4757-9B2E-DE2D367694EE.jpeg
    361.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DCCD6429-5AE1-491B-9B89-8D6B40023CA2.jpeg
    DCCD6429-5AE1-491B-9B89-8D6B40023CA2.jpeg
    427.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Picked my Red/White MYLR5 up today from Cincinnati! I kept my expectations tempered all day given some of the bad delivery experiences shared here. But that was not us! We showed up, seemingly the only ones taking delivery at that time. I was so enthralled with our delivery I didn't even think to look at some others to see if there were and 2022s for changes. We looked over the car and everything looked bang on. Panels aligned, lights in place, interior clean. I was really impressed. I had the TeslaPrep app ready to go but basically did a quick scroll through it after doing my own visual rundown. I did make sure to check door jams for issues and that seemed fine. They installed mudflaps but not the PPF. I asked about it and they said both come standard so they scheduled a service appointment in a few weeks to install the PPF for us.

While going through the car and signing the papers, my wife was laughing hysterically at the fart noises 🤣. Apparently she didn't know that was a thing and couldn't stop laughing at all the variations and making my seat fart. It made me want to marry her all over again 😍. I FaceTimed my buddies and brothers (who didn't know I ordered but knew I've been car shopping for years) and they were speechless. Just laughing that I finally pulled the trigger and managed to keep it under wraps.

On to the drive. So this was my first time even sitting in a Tesla. It's very comfortable, feels premium and clean but I wouldn't say Lexus luxury. Speakers sound great! My drive home was at dusk in traffic (and I forgot to enable autosteer) so I was limited with what I could experiment with. I basically just drove home normally but with TACC. I did a few half to one second pulls (not full throttle) on the highway and just laughed at the absurdity of the acceleration even in the LR.
The ride is firm and tight but comfortable. I only got well paved highway driving in but it's quiet too, especially compared to our previous 12 year old Legacy and current 14 year old Camry. The steering felt heavy, but it was in standard mode. I'll experiment with the other drive settings tomorrow. It's not something I can't get used to though. The one pedal driving felt very strange but I was adjusting rapidly. I like it a lot but it was part of why I felt so timid on the drive home. Such a different driving car, and much larger than I'm used to, that I was extra cautious until we become better acquainted. That won't be long!

And the name? Seven. I said it as a joke since I've forever loved Seinfeld and my wife is working her way through the series finally on Netflix. It stuck, so she still hasn't named anything 🤣 Oops.

Delivery on page 2036!
#TeamRed!!! Congrats! 🎉

Speakers remind me....
So I sign into Spotify, about 5 minutes into the drive. and I tap on a song to play, specifically one with good bass. Holy mackerel! I flinched so bad! Whoever prepped the car, left the volume on full max! Sounded like a bomb went off. Luckily it was on a red light, otherwise I don't know what my knee jerk reaction would have done. My hands did fly up in the air. I think my heart stopped for a bit! Felt bad for my mom, since she wears a hearing aid. She thought we got hit.

I got my car!!!! I was scheduled for Thursday (Wednesday was an option, but my work schedule wouldn't allow for it). I called this morning to see if I could get it today--and they said I could come any time after 12:30! I rearranged my afternoon and got there at 2. I drove around getting the cameras calibrated and then tried out some of the features. It's really a smooth ride. I did hit the nonexistent clutch a few times. And the braking when you ease up on the accelerator will take some getting used to. She's beautiful!!

I contacted the people who were going to buy my old car and said they could have it tonight instead of Thursday. They just left, and I'm back to one car (and a check for my old one).
Congrats!! 🎉

That's a good point - who all is planning on buying acceleration boost? I love the idea, but thinking about forking over *another* $2,000 to Tesla hurts my brain 😅
I have definitely thought about it, but with the added expense of the Xpel Stealth…I think the boost will be waiting for some time

Funny thing happened this past week. My wife had been dropping the kids off at school but I had to drop them on Friday. My wife drives a MY and I have a Volvo XC 90 (turbo and super charged so a little loud). I get the boys in the car and I start driving. My 4 year old goes, "what's that noise?" and I'm like "what noise" as I'm stepping the gas. He says "that noise" and that's when I realize he's talking about the engine noise revving up.
Like really?? He got used to the quietness of the MY that my car was now a noise maker. He wasn't lying though, it hurts my ears starting up and revving up the car whenever I drive my wife's MY for a couple of days.
I am coming from a Porsche, one of the best things about driving that car was the noise it made while driving…I wonder how long until I am like your son lol

So a report back on all-weather floor mats (I bought the stock ones from Tesla store) and how they fit on the MY22.

They all fit.

We bought the following from Tesla store:

- Model Y All-Weather Interior Liners
- Model Y All-Weather Front Trunk Liner
- Model Y Carpet Interior Third Row Mats

Make sure you check for the ones that say they fit 7-seaters if you’ve got a 7-seater, etc.

The rest of the stuff I got from Tesmanian. All pretty decent quality.
How do the stock Tesla mats look. Not sure if I should get them or one of the other option. Teslaman or 3d MAXspider

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I assume it’s just a glitch in the matrix, but my EDD changed overnight from 11/21-12/5 to Feb 8 to Mar 8. BTW, the Ops Mgr at the SC contacted me yesterday to say I should be getting a VIN soon because they show my estimated delivery as late Nov to early Dec.
Time to breathe deep. Inner peace…

Also, I hear a lot of people saying recently they rarely use the frunk. Early on when the frunk was the new fun thing, it seemed the opposite. I guess that's to say it's useful to wait and see how it fits into your usage before dropping the $500+ on that feature.
I haven’t used the frunk once in the past two months.

I would use it more (esp. for groceries) but the experience of closing it is awful. You have to push down on the emblem to close it, the hood bows inward when you do, and it’s more force than I would like to apply to the exterior of the car.

So it’s only for road trips for me. The back of the Y is huge anyway.

I haven’t used the frunk once in the past two months.

I would use it more (esp. for groceries) but the experience of closing it is awful. You have to push down on the emblem to close it, the hood bows inward when you do, and it’s more force than I would like to apply to the exterior of the car.

So it’s only for road trips for me. The back of the Y is huge anyway.

I haven’t received my Y yet but I had similar thoughts when I took my test drive and tried out the frunk.

However, aren’t you supposed to put your hands on either side a few inches away from the emblem? Not sure if it makes a difference. Either way it should be powered and would make it so much more usable I think.