Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was the change of location done by Tesla, for a different city/state? Strange. A new Service center has come up 15 minutes drive from my home and I booked my car through an existing service center which is some 14 minutes drive. I would not be surprised if Tesla moves my delivery to the new SC that opened a month ago. I would prefer the old SC where my SA is based and which has more experienced mechanics and service personnel. It will be interesting to see what happens. Anyway, I am open to taking delivery in either SC so Tesla can balance their delivery load.
The change was done by Tesla to a different city in the same state. My home address is quite far from both centers. But I spend part of my week much closer to the one I scheduled. They shifted my delivery to the other one (presumably it is less busy). Seemed like moving centers within the region was not a big deal.

Clearly the induction wheels are an advantage in priority. I wonder why. If I lived somewhere where I was always on paved streets and it never snowed, I'd get them to move up the priority list. But for me, the Geminis have a distinct advantage. If it's only profit, I'd pay the extra $1000 or whatever to move up the list by months and months if I had that choice. 19 inch Geminis, for me, are worth it. Increased sidewall, etc. I live on a roadmix/gravel road and drive on snow floor at least part of the time 8 months out of the year, and I have to worry about punching through the berm at the end of the driveway for 5 months. It's not even close.

MYLR | Blue | Black | 5 seats | 19 inch | Tow | No FSD | Order Completion 8/23/21
Latest EDD 1/3/22 - 1/31/22
Hey, DrGriz! I am with you here for very similar reasons. As you know.

When I ordered last Wednesday night, for MYLR‘s, if you chose white, or the silver/grey, whatever they call that color, and 19 inch, it was October. If you added the larger wheels it was June. But I was able to get a June date with my preferred blue color. I am going to call it Shelby blue for right now. Might be thinking about an offset white racing stripe also. (Just kidding).

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Two questions.

1. Who has shopped third party loan providers, and what are you finding? For folks with a job, good credit, own a home, etc. I am currently set up with my order to pay cash, and I can if that is the best deal. But if (and with oncoming inflation seeming to be an issue at least for a bit, this could be questionable) a loan is available for terms that suggest I keep some of my own money and pay over time on a loan to let my money work, I would consider it.

2. WRT the AutoPilot features, has anyone used those on more rural, off the beaten path type roads, roads not typically on the main routes including superchargers yet? Basically country two lane stuff. If so, curious how it works. I normally like to drive those myself and not use even cruise in my traditional vehicles, except for long straight stretches that occur sometimes. But still curious.
We found the best deal at a credit union. They seem to have lower rates than the big banks in our experience.

Two questions.

1. Who has shopped third party loan providers, and what are you finding? For folks with a job, good credit, own a home, etc. I am currently set up with my order to pay cash, and I can if that is the best deal. But if (and with oncoming inflation seeming to be an issue at least for a bit, this could be questionable) a loan is available for terms that suggest I keep some of my own money and pay over time on a loan to let my money work, I would consider it.

2. WRT the AutoPilot features, has anyone used those on more rural, off the beaten path type roads, roads not typically on the main routes including superchargers yet? Basically country two lane stuff. If so, curious how it works. I normally like to drive those myself and not use even cruise in my traditional vehicles, except for long straight stretches that occur sometimes. But still curious.
I’ve used AP on more rural 2 lane roads, and it works, with some slight annoyances. Auto Highbeam sometimes goes off when you need it, worrying about deer crossing, and sometimes goes on when other vehicles are too close. I also had a laugh when I drove on a 30 mph section of ‘Rte 50’, the AP would read the 30 mph and adjust the speed to 35 max, and then read the rte 50 sign and allow up to 55 max… the signs are pretty staggered so that was interesting.

Ordered the MYLR on 11/02/21 in Midnight Silver/Black Interior/Gemini Wheels/5 Seater with an EDD in June 22'.

Overnight the EDD slipped to October
Thankfully, mine still says June. Just checked. Ordered on 11-10. The Midnight Silver/black interior/Gemini was showing October on that night for new orders, as I was interested in that very combo. Sorry your earlier order slipped as well.

I have never considered tinting a windshield, but based on what you are saying about heat gain am considering it. Also, does doing so provided some rock chip protection? That is a thing here in Idaho.
Yes, I quoted myself. LOL! But to provide context for this post. So, Never Mind. I just read up and tinting does not typically add and windshield protection. I will look into windshield protection products and see if I think it is worth it. I carry rock chip insurance with USAA for our cars as it is a common thing where I live. Not really a matter of if, but when, and is the chip or crack worth repairing yet.

Two questions.

1. I got 1.89%/72 from a local credit union, found other options between 2.09-2.29/72, plus a few worse than Teslas advertised 2.49/72.

2. It works alright, I had a radar MYLR and the biggest issue on 2 lane highways were how little AP trusts crossing or turning traffic to get out of your lane. Oncoming left turning traffic 15+ car lengths away will cause AP to slow (not panic). Otherwise it does as well there as freeways.

Using the Teslike data in the sticky thread in this section, I rolled up the numbers for 2021 orders. Here's where things stand for those who reported orders. The VIN %s might be a little lower than reality due to folks not updating with their VIN date but it might offer an idea of where you stand.

1636914336248.png

Using the Teslike data in the sticky thread in this section, I rolled up the numbers for 2021 orders. Here's where things stand for those who reported orders. The VIN %s might not quite reflect reality due to folks not updating with their VIN date but it might offer an idea of where you stand.

View attachment 732976
That would be neat to see in a graph...

Two questions.

I’ve shopped a lot for loans and finally based on todays rates DCU is the best bet at 1.24% for 65months. You do need to setup direct deposit and 5 transactions a month which I don’t mind as it’s a one time setup and then it’s on auto pilot (no pun intended)

Rates were 0.99% late summer but those providers have since moved on!!

I’ve shopped a lot for loans and finally based on todays rates DCU is the best bet at 1.24% for 65months. You do need to setup direct deposit and 5 transactions a month which I don’t mind as it’s a one time setup and then it’s on auto pilot (no pun intended)

Rates were 0.99% late summer but those providers have since moved on!!
Thanks! And sorry, what is DCU? I will google but want to make sure I find the right thing. Will be interesting to see what rates are when it is time to pay and take delivery.

I am fine with autopay/direct deposit. Not sure what the 5 transactions a month is. Payment split into fifths? Or some account to support the payment and five transactions. Either way would be fine.

Thanks! And sorry, what is DCU? I will google but want to make sure I find the right thing. Will be interesting to see what rates are when it is time to pay and take delivery.

I am fine with autopay/direct deposit. Not sure what the 5 transactions a month is. Payment split into fifths? Or some account to support the payment and five transactions. Either way would be fine.

5 transactions a month make you a “relationship” customer and have benefits like atm fee reimbursement etc.

The five transactions can literally be sending and withdrawing money from an external account into your DCU checking and savings accounts. So you set that up via ACH on a fixed cadence. I’ll probably deposit and withdraw 5 dollars every month… 😆

5 transactions a month make you a “relationship” customer and have benefits like atm fee reimbursement etc.

The five transactions can literally be sending and withdrawing money from an external account into your DCU checking and savings accounts. So you set that up via ACH on a fixed cadence. I’ll probably deposit and withdraw 5 dollars every month… 😆
Thanks! Will check it out. I have nearly 3/4 of a year or at least 2/3 weight, but after having made my deposit and reservation the other night was curious about the options. Figured something out there was better than what Tesla was offering. I have no desire to greatly increase the cost of this purchase over time, but if there is a financing option that allows money I might otherwise use to pay in cash to do better in the market or an investment, it is worth considering for me.

Why wouldn’t the heat trapping and glass cracking happen on the rear window and side windows then?
The angle of attack of the radiation is different for side windows compared to the roof. Side/rear glass will get some radiation, but only a little bit. The roof is nearly perpendicular to the radiation, so it’s getting the full brunt of it.

The angle of attack of the radiation is different for side windows compared to the roof. Side/rear glass will get some radiation, but only a little bit. The roof is nearly perpendicular to the radiation, so it’s getting the full brunt of it.
I get your point but the rear window would be very similar to the roof, and the side windows at say late afternoon, could get some very direct sun on a hot day. Just doesn’t make sense that it would be OK for all the other glass but not the roof.

I get your point but the rear window would be very similar to the roof, and the side windows at say late afternoon, could get some very direct sun on a hot day. Just doesn’t make sense that it would be OK for all the other glass but not the roof.
I’m not sure, I didn’t ask him. I took his word for it since I’d imagine he’d gladly take the extra business if there were no concerns. It could be what Patrick said, but my other guess would be that the roof glass is a different composite or manufacturing process which changes the amount of heat retention or other characteristics of the glass. I’ve got to imagine the roof, which gets the majority of heat/sun/UV, is made a bit different than the rest of the windows. Some of the older teslas it’s very noticeable that the roof glass is different, almost a blue/purple color .
I have no idea though, but I will ask next time I’m in there and report back.