Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what about the name, driver's license etc., entered during registration? How can switching an email change the registration?
I don't really have the answers regarding details as I've never done this and don't really intend to either. However, there are folks who have done this and continue to do this as I often see posts with people offering to sell their orders by transferring them over. You can read a couple of responses to my post in another thread here and maybe ping those folks if you have questions

Has anyone gotten their car before their delivery date? Wondering how common that is…
When I placed my order, the scheduled date was "December." And the EDD was end of November into December for most of the time (with one period where it was in January). I picked up Electra last week, so a month earlier than I'd expected.

I don't really have the answers regarding details as I've never done this and don't really intend to either. However, there are folks who have done this and continue to do this as I often see posts with people offering to sell their orders by transferring them over. You can read a couple of responses to my post in another thread here and maybe ping those folks if you have questions

Thanks. I am happy waiting my turn and never get into these types of deals. I was just curious and intrigued because Tesla's registration system is designed to prevent this.

From the Tesla order agreement:

Tesla and its affiliates sell cars directly to end-consumers, and we may unilaterally cancel any order that we believe has been made with a view toward resale of the Vehicle or that has otherwise been made in bad faith.

With that out of the way, I think the idea of selling your reservation is interesting because it seems like the stars would have to align:

1. Advertise in an open way so that money can be transacted, but not so open that Tesla would find out
2. Find a willing and trusting buyer whose willing to share personal/financial info
3. Seller must have absolute trust in buyer, and be willing to share personal/financial info
4. Both buyer and seller have to be pretty good liars, fabricate a story, and keep the story straight w/ Tesla and never admit they're buying out an order
5. Somehow land a super response SA who is actively helpful yet doesn't ask too many questions
6. No one here reports the black market deal to Tesla, since this type of deal could piss off some people

To me this is a fun mental exercise but both too risky and way too much work for me.

Tesla and its affiliates sell cars directly to end-consumers, and we may unilaterally cancel any order that we believe has been made with a view toward resale of the Vehicle or that has otherwise been made in bad faith.

With that out of the way, I think the idea of selling your reservation is interesting because it seems like the stars would have to align:

1. Advertise in an open way so that money can be transacted, but not so open that Tesla would find out
2. Find a willing and trusting buyer whose willing to share personal/financial info
3. Seller must have absolute trust in buyer, and be willing to share personal/financial info
4. Both buyer and seller have to be pretty good liars, fabricate a story, and keep the story straight w/ Tesla and never admit they're buying out an order
5. Somehow land a super response SA who is actively helpful yet doesn't ask too many questions
6. No one here reports the black market deal to Tesla, since this type of deal could piss off some people

To me this is a fun mental exercise but both too risky and way too much work for me.
Yup, all true, but at the same time I don't think it is that hard either. The post I linked to was one such example here on TMC and I've seen a few posts now with people offering their reservations up for sale and people DM'ing them to close a deal. Given how hard it is to get a live person at Tesla to provide any semblance of customer service to regular paying customers 🤨, I don't think they will care at all about policing something like this. Don't mean to come across as being for this stuff. I hate scalpers and resellers with a passion (maybe I'll find a 2080/3080 GPU at MSRP a decade from now...if I'm lucky!), but I'm just being realistic based on what I've seen here on the forums.

Ok, to follow up my post from yesterday I went over the car today and could fine nothing wrong except the non-perfect but acceptable panel gaps I mentioned yesterday. All the USB ports are there as well.

My wife and I cruised around in rural Minnesota where we live and and put 110 miles on the car. Started getting used to some range anxiety as there were no fast charging stations where we went. But really we had plenty of range and were overcautious. Just part of learning about the car.

A couple of dumb things I did on delivery day for you to watch out for. In the folder they give you there is paper work to sign and return, just don’t drive off like a dolt like I did. Also when you link your phone just click on the button with the phone’s name on it. Don’t wait for the “searching” text to go away because it will not. Also get familiar with switching back and forth between navigation and the other parts of the screen because it’s bad to figure it out in traffic in a brand new car.

Anyways I wish everyone luck in getting your cars. Hang in there, there is gold at the end of the rainbow. Even though that rainbow moves around quite a bit. I’ll see you again in the driving section of the site. Peace.

I think that is geared more toward someone who made a bad faith order ( never intending to take delivery).
There is definitley a gray area with the reservations, especially if it was made in good faith and they have blown through the EDD. I didn't consider they would even care about it but if it came to that i'd just ask them before even trying to sell it.

For me , I knew there would be about a 4 month wait when I ordered and I budgeted another 2 months past my original EDD after speaking to one of the tesla people on delivery times ( who expected it no more then 1 month beyond) . They currently have my EDD at 9 Months , but hopefully from what I have seen, this is just a general place holder and the order comes in nearer to the origional EDD.

If it really is 9 Months and I can't sell my spot in line (legally) I would either put the Car on hold until the 4680's are in the MY, or get my purchase deposit refunded after they don't make their origional EDD+60days) . The thing which sucks the most is that I have a bunch of accessories sitting in my house. When I made my order I expected them to come with the car, not arrive 6 months in advance.

new to the forum here.

ordered the MYLR on 11/10/21 in white/black interior/induction wheels/5 seater/tow with the EDD in June 22'.

I filled out the registration and stuff last night and now the EDD is end of March/April.
I have a similar build and OD, but no induction wheels. I believe induction wheels move you up.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Anyone know if changing delivery location before assignment of VIN affects your EDD? (Specifically I'd prefer delivery to house or closer SC and NOT Fremont)
I had my delivery location changed by Tesla. I changed it back through my SA with no change to EDD. It got changed again, which I noticed after I got my VIN. I changed it back again after my VIN but before it shipped I think and it didn’t change my dates.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
A few updates for this fine Sunday morning…

1. My EDD disappeared today, previously it shows at 12/16-31, now it’s just saying TBD. (stands for Too Bad, Dude?)

2. I switched from on-site pickup in Paramus NJ to home delivery for $750 earlier this week. This seems like a great trade off and relieves me of flying down and all of that. If anyone has experiences with this method, LMK.

3. Ordered the 7 seat Tesla shield mats yesterday for about $300 (all seats and trunk/front). Options were very limited and they were about half the cost of the 3Ds… anyone love/hate the TeslaShields?

4. Just out of curiosity I checked pricing on PPF in my market recently. $6500 for the entire vehicle, $2000 for just the front, $2500 for front plus rear rocker panels. I’m probably not going to do anything but am considering the front options.

Reactions: PatrickTM
new to the forum here.

ordered the MYLR on 11/10/21 in white/black interior/induction wheels/5 seater/tow with the EDD in June 22'.

I filled out the registration and stuff last night and now the EDD is end of March/April.
My OD was 8/23, but we deleted the tow hitch 3 weeks later. EDD started Jan 22, then moved to Nov 21, back to January, then March…then April for a while and now this morning it shows June 2022. We ordered a blue long range MY 5 seat. At this point I just hope it shows up someday.

My OD was 8/23, but we deleted the tow hitch 3 weeks later. EDD started Jan 22, then moved to Nov 21, back to January, then March…then April for a while and now this morning it shows June 2022. We ordered a blue long range MY 5 seat. At this point I just hope it shows up someday.
I’m also June 2022. I don’t think I will see that date moved up unless Texas comes online. I expect January and February EDD to move into December as people with Early December EDD will delay hoping to get a tax credit in 2022.

Reactions: ConchChick
OD 9/27 with EDD Oct 17-Nov 7 and changed interior color to black on 9/29 and on same day changed again back to white color interior.
Subsequently around 10/9 EDD changed to Nov 17-Dec 7.
Today my EDD narrowed from a 3 week window to a 2 week window of Nov 26-Dec 10.

Seems like it is scheduled for build and VIN pending very soon.

I believe my indecision on interior color put me at the back of the line :(