Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla wall connector is $500 and would charge the car at 48 amps rather than the 40 of the device you linked to.

Also, you can probably pick up a gen 1 mobile connector on ebay for about what that device costs. They charge at 40 amps.
I went with the 14-50 outlet since I have a Tesla and may get a non-Tesla EV.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Home delivery scheduled for 2-4PM this Friday🤣

Did the 1000 free Supercharger miles go away?
For the new owner? For a referral person?
I believe that went away.

Side note, I live 10 miles from the SC and was informed my area is not part of the home delivery. Maybe because I live too close?

Just curious, why would you want a home delivery as opposed to taking delivery at the SC, especially if you are 10 minutes away?
It was an option for my first Tesla, but opted for pick up at SC. It was odd that when I ordered the MY it informed me it wasn’t an option. I never even considered a home delivery.

Tesla is truly giving me an ulcer - after so many setbacks, delays, and paperwork hurdles, I got a text 5 hours before my pickup time saying I needed VIN specific insurance after two separate SAs told me I didn't in my state. The confusion and mixed messaging continues! 🥲 Hopefully at 6 PM this will all be over.
It doesn’t really matter if Tesla thinks you don’t need it. If the lender wants it to get through underwriting, you’re going to need it. Doesn’t matter what the state requires. It’s up to the bank who is footing your bill to decide what they want, and if that’s what they want you need to give it to them.

The Tesla wall connector is $500 and would charge the car at 48 amps rather than the 40 of the device you linked to.

Also, you can probably pick up a gen 1 mobile connector on ebay for about what that device costs. They charge at 40 amps.
Not 48A if it's plugged into 14-50 as you need to de-rate to 80% for a continuous load. Hardwired it can do 48A on a 60A circuit, if plugged in to a 14-50 or 6-50 it needs to be limited to 40A.

I wanted to see what Tesla financing could offer and very quickly was approved for a loan through U.S. Bank when placing my order. I am a BoA customer and afterwards realized I may be able to do better with a reduced rate through preferred rewards. As rate matches have been discussed in other forums, I contacted Tesla financing and this was their response to a rate match on 11/15: "The offer in the account is the lowest we will be able to obtain on the application as all of our other lenders have a floor rate of 2.49%. If you are able to obtain a lower rate from a third party lender, you can also proceed directly with them as none of our lenders currently offer rate matching." Not saying I have given up on obtaining a lower rate, just letting you know my experience so far. Good luck!

MYP MSM White Int, No Tow or FSD. OD: 10/12/21, changed to White interior 11/2/21. EDD: 12/3/21-12-31/21
I financed wife’s MY through Tesla (when they were still rate matching) and they matched me with Wells Fargo. Shortly after taking delievery someone posted here that you can request to be matched with a certain lender through Tesla. I believe their 3rd party lenders are US Bank, Chase, Wells Fargo, and BofA. I wish I would have requested Chase since that’s where I do all of my banking- but am stuck with Wells Fargo for next 5 years or so.

I made request to be changed to Chase after delivery- they of course said too late, which is understandable.

So, you have a preference in lender, request that with Tesla right after credit app approval.

Anyone else saw this error before? I'm getting this when I try to access my order.

Attachments

• 20211117_154859.jpg
    20211117_154859.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 72
Vroom offered me $7000 for my mini van & the local Honda dealership offered me $11k. Not having a good quote experience with these online retailers.
Vroom and Carvana are NOT playing ball for me :( $40k both vs. Tesla's $43k. So Tesla wins even without the (large!) sales tax benefit, which is 8% of that whole amount.
Tesla is truly giving me an ulcer - after so many setbacks, delays, and paperwork hurdles, I got a text 5 hours before my pickup time saying I needed VIN specific insurance after two separate SAs told me I didn't in my state. The confusion and mixed messaging continues! 🥲 Hopefully at 6 PM this will all be over.
My Model S is in the shop for a pano roof repair. They informed me today that the $900, then $1300 repair is now $2600. And no idea when we'll get the car back...
MN state has no

Tesla is honoring referrals that were entered into their system until they stopped offering this benefit.
I know this is going to be a fight. Our order was placed in 2020, when the program was in effect, AND converted to an actual order in August, still in effect. But the referral isn't showing in our account. I want my damn miles!

I know this is going to be a fight. Our order was placed in 2020, when the program was in effect, AND converted to an actual order in August, still in effect. But the referral isn't showing in our account. I want my damn miles!
I placed my order on 7/12 and emailed them early August to add referral. It didn’t show up until I took delivery.

I financed wife’s MY through Tesla (when they were still rate matching) and they matched me with Wells Fargo. Shortly after taking delievery someone posted here that you can request to be matched with a certain lender through Tesla. I believe their 3rd party lenders are US Bank, Chase, Wells Fargo, and BofA. I wish I would have requested Chase since that’s where I do all of my banking- but am stuck with Wells Fargo for next 5 years or so.

I made request to be changed to Chase after delivery- they of course said too late, which is understandable.

So, you have a preference in lender, request that with Tesla right after credit app approval.
Congrats on the new MY, I'm sure she is enjoying it! The response I received from Tesla financing when requesting BofA was that "We do not work directly with Bank of America, so we would not be able to send your application to them. If you would like to finance with Bank of America, you would need to apply with them directly." Maybe this is a regional thing. I can say that I'm impressed with their prompt responsiveness (every time within 10 minutes), I just don't necessarily like their answer. 🤣 I think I have eclipsed my time value of money on any minor interest rate savings at this point and will instead anxiously await the arrival of my kick@$$ MYP. EDD: 12/3-12/31/21.