Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright gang. Don't congratulate me yet, but I now have VIN assigned. Let me explain.

This morning, checked the app for EDD. Same as the last two weeks, Jan 17 to Feb 14. This afternoon, checked the app, and VIN appeared! 7SAYGDEE3NF310973, with a message that Tesla is making changes that impact my order, go to Tesla Account. I log in to the computer and lo and behold, the Big Blue Button is there (but VIN is hidden). Yes, we OG's get the BBB, all you recent orders don't get it because you ordered radar-less cars. I received no email, no text, no call (yet).

Dilemma: when I turned on my Model Y order, it was estimated to be March 2022. I specifically turned on my order back in September because we have been a one car family for nearly seven years, and only need the second car in March when spouse transitions career and need to attend school. So getting a car five months early is somewhat troublesome financially, and entirely unplanned. So do I just go for it or do I do the financially responsible thing and delay it more? That is the question. At this point, I choose to not decide and wait for a phone call. They may issue an ultimatum (take it now or we cancel your order), or they may be understanding, or they may never call and take my inaction as go-ahead to reassign to the next person in the 5,000 person queue for Mount Kisco delivery or throw it on Tesla Inventory and charge $8k more for it for someone else. I'm sure it'll be snapped up within minutes on Tesla Inventory.
If you take it and feel it's troublesome financially, you can always sell it and even have some profit.

Picked up "Bluey" today. As someone else mentioned recently, despite watching videos and having a checklist in hand, I quickly got excited and overwhelmed and was less systematic in checking everything out than I had expected. But I didn't find anything wrong in my inspection - panel gaps, paint, interior, charger, etc. I was worried about the hassle of the missing usb-c ports, but they seem to be there and working. It was at night, so I'll do a more thorough check tomorrow, and perhaps even post a picture. I appreciate the support of this very long thread through the process.

Picked up "Bluey" today. As someone else mentioned recently, despite watching videos and having a checklist in hand, I quickly got excited and overwhelmed and was less systematic in checking everything out than I had expected. But I didn't find anything wrong in my inspection - panel gaps, paint, interior, charger, etc. I was worried about the hassle of the missing usb-c ports, but they seem to be there and working. It was at night, so I'll do a more thorough check tomorrow, and perhaps even post a picture. I appreciate the support of this very long thread through the process.
That’s pretty much the norm these day haha Don’t expect major defects. Their processes and quality checks are even better than the so called traditional car manufacturers.

@PatrickTM Quite a dilemma. Let us know what you decide!
I most certainly will! Going to call Tesla's 888 number at some point tomorrow, and see what they say. I almost wish they'd make it easy for me and issue an ultimatum. Take it or lose your order permanently or something along those lines. Best case scenario they say, sure, we'll delay and they get me a VIN in Feb for late Feb/early March delivery. Worst case scenario here being they say "okay, we can delay your order!" and release my VIN, and I don't get another VIN until October 2022 or something.

If you take it and feel it's troublesome financially, you can always sell it and even have some profit.
Haha true! But the trouble really comes from having to take delivery right now. Between and now and end of the year we have two family vacations planned (Boston to Orlando, and Boston to Seattle), plus Christmas gifts and related spending of course. If I took delivery, sold it, I will still need a car, preferably Tesla of course, come March when school starts for my wife...purchased at a $8k higher price tag.

Timing also couldn't come at a worse time for me, because in addition to the two family vacations, I also have at least one work trip planned to San Antonio sometime between now and mid-December. So it's just a chaotic and busy time right now, and I literally have zero time/energy left in me to resell a brand new Tesla.

For those that know my story, I live in Boston area but have to pick up the Tesla in Mount Kisco, NY for the purpose of legal tax evasion. So that in an of itself will be an ordeal. And VIN assignment couldn't have come at a worse time.

Looks like you have cash option now, you need to change to 3rd party financing. You'll need to provide the bank name and address and the amount being financed.

If your delivery is less than a week, I'll suggest either picking up the check and taking it in person. If you have time, then they can overnight the check but make sure the bank gives you the tracking number and if possible a picture of the check. That was what Tesla told me when we picked up my wife's MY. It took about a week for the payment to reflect on the balance when my bank mailed it.
Just remember to get a copy of the check and tracking number if it's being mailed. That's how they can confirm if they've received it or not.
Thank you, much appreciated.
Contacted SC and they changed it to third party financing. CCU will overnight the check to me, I could take it when I pick MY.
Call Tesla and they can change your financing options for ya. My changes were reflecting immediately on the MVPA.

Aaaaaand I was in Schaumburg

holy **** almost had a heart attack and thought I had a VIN. CHecked *yet again* and got greeted with this.

View attachment 734607

Interesting they want to complete everything in app now... anyone else see this? The previous payment thing is gone too
Yes it does look like everything has moved to the app. In my case the insurance card I had uploaded has disappeared as well.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I’m not sure if your MY’s name is a reference to the kids show, but it’s the best thing going on Disney+ if you’ve got little people running around the house. Our entire family is obsessed with that show… the more I type the cringier it’s gets if it’s not, lol. I need to go to bed, love the name!

THANK GOD. FINALLY VIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I checked my app and saw this screen. When I click "Go to Account", I saw my beautiful VIN number. ^^
7SAYGDEE0N#######, It's 2022 VIN.
EDD is 11/19-11/24.
What a thanksgiving Gift!!!

VIN 1.png

Haha true! But the trouble really comes from having to take delivery right now. Between and now and end of the year we have two family vacations planned (Boston to Orlando, and Boston to Seattle), plus Christmas gifts and related spending of course. If I took delivery, sold it, I will still need a car, preferably Tesla of course, come March when school starts for my wife...purchased at a $8k higher price tag.

Timing also couldn't come at a worse time for me, because in addition to the two family vacations, I also have at least one work trip planned to San Antonio sometime between now and mid-December. So it's just a chaotic and busy time right now, and I literally have zero time/energy left in me to resell a brand new Tesla.

For those that know my story, I live in Boston area but have to pick up the Tesla in Mount Kisco, NY for the purpose of legal tax evasion. So that in an of itself will be an ordeal. And VIN assignment couldn't have come at a worse time.

I’ll be picking up in Mt. Kisco as a non New Yorker, as well, so I’ll be interested in hearing how things go for you if you do end up taking delivery. Good luck with everything.