Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, seeing as my car will be delivered to Boise, ID, I am GUESSING that that means still Fremont? I personally would love the new castings approach to be in my car. 4680 too, but I realize that with a June delivery date estimated at this time, that is not likely, unless I try to defer. It will be interesting how soon Fremont also gets the new processes up on line. (EDIT: I did some googling around, and it seems Fremont already has a Giga Press?) It seems odd to me, and like it would problematic for Tesla, to have two different manufacturing processes going on for very long. I am also cognizant of the perils of receiving a car off a brand new production line that has not had the kinks worked out yet. Again, hoping June gives some time for those things to occur, and so am fine with my current estimate.

In any case, all I can do is wait and see, and try not to get too excited either way about the internet and YouTube rumor mills.
I’d bet you’ll have both castings in your June car…. I’d be shocked if you had 4680. Even if you wait until the end of ‘22. They only do the rear in Fremont today but I’ve read the Giga Press in Austin will be providing fronts to Freamont when it’s up and running so Tesla isn’t building two different cars at the same time
This morning EDD: Feb 1-March 1

Got a text VIN assigned. Called to put on hold for 30 days they said they don’t do that but can release the vin. 2 minutes after call ended I got a new VIN…
what is your order date?

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
How do you verify that your profile is completed? Is it just answering the financing - registration - address info? (When you initially ordered)

Currently I just see: (Under the next steps)

Download the Tesla App

Complete insurance and the rest of your pre-delivery tasks in the Tesla App.
To download, open your smartphone's camera and scan the QR code below.

And in the completed tasks: it has the registration and payment info
Does the completed tasks show the insurance is complete as well?

How do you verify that your profile is completed? Is it just answering the financing - registration - address info? (When you initially ordered)

Download the Tesla App

It sounds like you're good to go! Keep in mind though, if you selected tesla financing for the payment method, that approval will expire after 60 days, and in some cases they re-run the credit check, sometimes it just expires and your profile goes "incomplete" so you'll need t keep on top of it. Same with trade-in, it expires every 30 days iirc and they'll want you to continually update the mileage. I had initially selected Tesla financing thinking maybe allowing them to do a credit check would make them prioritize me - turns out that's probably not true at all. You can switch your payment method at any time, so just before my 60 days was up I used the online chat to have them switch me to cash. Once I got the VIN, I switched to third party financing.

It sounds like you're good to go! Keep in mind though, if you selected tesla financing for the payment method, that approval will expire after 60 days, and in some cases they re-run the credit check, sometimes it just expires and your profile goes "incomplete" so you'll need t keep on top of it. Same with trade-in, it expires every 30 days iirc and they'll want you to continually update the mileage. I had initially selected Tesla financing thinking maybe allowing them to do a credit check would make them prioritize me - turns out that's probably not true at all. You can switch your payment method at any time, so just before my 60 days was up I used the online chat to have them switch me to cash. Once I got the VIN, I switched to third party financing.
Yup - Just have cash for now and no trade in. I was trying to do chat earlier today but wouldn't load for a separate issue.

I’d bet you’ll have both castings in your June car…. I’d be shocked if you had 4680. Even if you wait until the end of ‘22. They only do the rear in Fremont today but I’ve read the Giga Press in Austin will be providing fronts to Freamont when it’s up and running so Tesla isn’t building two different cars at the same time

what is your order date?
That would seem fine. Not that worried about the 4680. Would be cool, but I also am guessing that is a ways off. if there is a suspension upgrade done at some point, and my best guess is that is also a ways off, perhaps there can be an upgrade kit too. That I might be interested in.

Download the Tesla App

I think they want you to upload a pic your current vehicle's insurance card to complete your profile. It seemed like my order was in limbo until I showed my insurance card, then I finally got an estimated delivery date.

I think they want you to upload a pic your current vehicle's insurance card to complete your profile. It seemed like my order was in limbo until I showed my insurance card, then I finally got an estimated delivery date.
There’s nowhere to put it unless you have a VIN assigned:

1638235360859.png

Reactions: ap105
They don't allow you to upload an insurance card after the app update if you don't have a vin ( which is good since you shouldn't have it insured when you don't have a vin) . It now says "You will be able to provide proof of insurance once your vin is assigned prioe to delivery"

They don't allow you to upload an insurance card after the app update if you don't have a vin ( which is good since you shouldn't have it insured when you don't have a vin) . It now says "You will be able to provide proof of insurance once your vin is assigned prioe to delivery"
I'm pretty sure in states that don't require the VIN to be on the proof of insurance to take delivery - TN being one - they allow you to upload proof of insurance prior to getting a VIN. I didn't bother. But it definitely makes sense that in most of the other states where the VIN is required, you can't get insurance without a VIN, so you can't upload proof without one.

EDIT - for clarification, you do need to have proof of insurance in Tennessee, but you have a grace period on getting the new car added to the policy. So in Tennessee, and a handful of other states, you just need to upload proof that you have a policy on some automobile.

Last edited:
I'm chilling. My y is on hold till Jan 31st 2022. Saved 5k from the mark up and waiting for the 8k tax credit too.
You sure you are safe? Pretty much most other folks in your situation got the email about canceling orders if they didn't remove the hold on their order. Perhaps your order date is past whatever cut-off they used to send those emails out. Just be warned that things are a bit dicey right now for those with older orders on hold and if you missed that email, you might end up having an automatically cancelled order.

Your EDD is same as mine. :cool: . MYLR White/black.
I ordered 9/15, but may not have submitted the insurance card until 10/3, so that may be why we have the same EDD.
After I ordered I was searching to find out why I wasn't getting an EDD, and someone on this site said to complete the profile by uploading my insurance card.
In my state we can't get insurance until we have a VIN, so I didn't know what to do, but I searched some more and followed a suggestion to upload my current vehicle's insurance card and it worked, I then got an EDD.