Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know what a bit annoying about my situation? We have a service center 2 miles from my work. Are they allowed to sell Teslas? No -_- Hence the carrier direct. But, I guess at least there’s a service center nearby.
That is annoying, it reminds me of the fact that TX residents will need the car sent out of state to purchase an Austin vehicle… makes no sense at all. It just shows how lobbyists in this and other industries can inhibit disrupters with local level laws and requirements (I’m looking at you, ISPs).

I could’ve easily picked up locally in NY or MA, but drive time to NJ each way meant it made more sense to just pay the Carrier Direct fee. I’ll be happy when/if these rules change.

By some chance if identical cars are made in both plants they won’t give you
....A choice, Tesla will deliver from the factory they determine and I really doubt they will deliver two different vehicles in the US at the same time but they do some really stupid things when it comes to product delivery. You can bet it will only be an advantage to them not you.

I strongly encourage any buyer where applicable to do the following before delievery:

You may opt out of arbitration within 30 days after signing this Agreement by sending a letter to: Tesla, Inc.; P.O. Box 15430; Fremont, CA 94539-7970, stating your name, product, and intent to opt out of the arbitration provision. If you do not opt out, this agreement to arbitrate overrides any different arbitration agreement between us, including any arbitration agreement in a lease or finance contract."

"

Last edited:
Haha, my wife asked me the same question and I don’t have the best answer…

There are service centers around 120 miles away, not ideal but I’ll make a day of it if needed. I believe there are some local service options (we do have an office locally, I think they focus on solar). This was based on info from a MYP owner I know indirectly here in my area. Honestly, I’m taking a bit of a leap of faith, so I’m hoping luck is on my side.
Wonder how many uber credits they'll give you when you drop it off 🤔.

• Funny
Reactions: EvEv and BTVev
Uber makes a fortune off Tesla so does Lyft. I had as much as $500 in credits.
wonder if Must owns stock in those companies? probably gets a huge discount.

heard even for a flat tire, Tesla mobile service has to come as most tire places don't want to work on Tesla or need a special jack?
Haha, my wife asked me the same question and I don’t have the best answer…

There are service centers around 120 miles away, not ideal but I’ll make a day of it if needed. I believe there are some local service options (we do have an office locally, I think they focus on solar). This was based on info from a MYP owner I know indirectly here in my area. Honestly, I’m taking a bit of a leap of faith, so I’m hoping luck is on my side.
hahaha, had a funny thought. Reminds me of how some stories start with...I grew up in such a small town it only had one stop sign... Yours would be...our town was so small our first Tesla had to come by direct carrier and our closest supercharger was 120 miles away... :D...

Reactions: samori01 and BTVev
wonder if Must owns stock in those companies? probably gets a huge discount.

heard even for a flat tire, Tesla mobile service has to come as most tire places don't want to work on Tesla or need a special jack?

hahaha, had a funny thought. Reminds me of how some stories start with...I grew up in such a small town it only had one stop sign... Yours would be...our town was so small our first Tesla had to come by direct carrier and our closest supercharger was 120 miles away... :D...
You need to have special pucks like these to properly jack up your car.

I have a set to carry in the car with me.

We are also about that far from a supercharger. Two stoplights.

I've heard of some tire places that don't want to touch a Tesla, but certainly not most tire places. I see Teslas getting their tires at Discount Tire, Costco, and others all the time. I've asked them about the pucks too, and they said don't worry about it. They primarily use lifts, which come with pucks. And when they do use jacks, they carry their own pucks. In short, they said if you go to any licensed, certified tire shop, they know exactly how to lift/jack a Tesla or any other EV.

As for the tires themselves, it's no different than any combustion car.

I've heard of some tire places that don't want to touch a Tesla, but certainly not most tire places. I see Teslas getting their tires at Discount Tire, Costco, and others all the time. I've asked them about the pucks too, and they said don't worry about it. They primarily use lifts, which come with pucks. And when they do use jacks, they carry their own pucks. In short, they said if you go to any licensed, certified tire shop, they know exactly how to lift/jack a Tesla or any other EV.

As for the tires themselves, it's no different than any combustion car.
I will at some point be swapping my own tires, so I have the pucks. Additionally, I think they might come in handy if I end up doing a roadside repair myself. If you live somewhere where you don't have to worry about that, You're right. Probably don't need 'em.

Reactions: PatrickTM
With the caveat that you can get that 2 week range and then be pushed back out, recent folks have said they got their vin 4 days after the 2 week change. I got the 2 week thing yesterday, so I am looking for a vin possibly by Tuesday. But then, I had a 2 week range in December and nothing came of it.
I am still holding in the April 11 - May 9 range, and have been a week or two now. I like that range of dates and hope they have a few more things figured out, and additional clarity for us on some things, by then. @DrGriz , will be continuing to watch your experience.

I am not trading anything in, nor need to sell anything, but will want to figure out some financing probably, if it is not too expensive, rather than pay all cash. Probably either through USAA or that online credit union people have been using.

Last edited:
Where did you see these rumors? All I have seen so far is a redesigned CCS chargeport for MS and MX.
@DrGriz
Super sketchy rumor from the comments section of Ryan Shaw’s newest video on Tesla news. That’s why we need corroboration here!

Claims to be someone who also owns a Model 3 Performance, so presumably they would be able to tell if the charge port is redesigned.

Attachments

• EC75D11F-CEC4-463F-B929-7056933E0085.png
    EC75D11F-CEC4-463F-B929-7056933E0085.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 91