Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was my understanding that currently when you place an order, the $250 is called an order fee not a deposit, and it is not refundable. In the past it appears the order fees were refundable, but it was not when I placed my order 9/2021.
Yes but in this case they cancelled the order themselves…we were fully ready and approved for delivery in 6 more days. If they cancelled, how is it our $250 out?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Ok that could work 👍🏽
Tell them that they cancelled your order without arbitration as mandated in the contract. If they do not reinstate your order by date XXXX you will bring suit since you are no longer required to arbritrate after they broke the contract.

If you have law services at work have the letter or email come from them.

Tell them that they cancelled your order without arbitration as mandated in the contract. If they do not reinstate your order by date XXXX you will bring suit since you are no longer required to arbritrate after they broke the contract.

If you have law services at work have the letter or email come from them.
Yes you can do a demand letter, send it certified and regular mail to the Tesla address online for notifications. Give them a deadline to respond and I suggest email not phone correspondence unless they agree to reinstate. Do not waste your time calling them to re open any cases they will just close them over and over endlessly. Tesla will do nothing unless they know you are serious. They have interns that try to mitigate legal matters until a case is filled, it's comical. The intern I dealt with had NO legal experience of any kind. However if that person can resolve your issue before your expiration of your demand letter then fine but do not extend it for them.

Reactions: EvEv and PatrickTM
Yes but in this case they cancelled the order themselves…we were fully ready and approved for delivery in 6 more days. If they cancelled, how is it our $250 out?I'm not trying to be

Yes but in this case they cancelled the order themselves…we were fully ready and approved for delivery in 6 more days. If they cancelled, how is it our $250 out?

I hope you understand that I'm not advocating for what they are doing at all, just offering what they may posit as their position, which is that they can charge you a service fee just to place an order; the order was placed, so done deal, fee accepted, never to be seen again.
If it were a deposit, then that would be deducted from what you owe when you settle up on purchase day.

I hope you understand that I'm not advocating for what they are doing at all, just offering what they may posit as their position, which is that they can charge you a service fee just to place an order; the order was placed, so done deal, fee accepted, never to be seen again.
If it were a deposit, then that would be deducted from what you owe when you settle up on purchase day.
Mine was certainly a deposit and is subtracted from the total. Isn't it that way anymore?

1643414134691.png

Reactions: EvEv
Mine was certainly a deposit and is subtracted from the total. Isn't it that way anymore?

View attachment 761518
It appears to me that when you see your order summary, it shows the price of the car, the options (long range, seats, etc) and then the fees (order fee, shipping), taxes, etc. and they come up with a total, then they subtract the order fee because you have already paid it and thus it wont be due on delivery day.

Model Y LR, OD 09/03/2021, Grey, Black interior, Tow, EDD 02/01-03/01
Now that I am days away from the "window", I have a vehicle I would like to get a trade-in offer on. When I started the process in September, they gave me a value within 24 hours and it was really good. I needed to renew the offer value later in the process, and sent in the info and waited over a week before finally somebody at Tesla told me to drop it off and do it just before delivery so I don't have to mess with renewing the offer often.
My question is, should I go ahead and start that process now or wait until I am further into the window before starting it (I don't want to run out of time and have to renew the offer before delivery, but I also don't want delivery to be delayed from me not having a value on my trade-in). Bonus question, I have seen people say to start this trade-in process via phone rather than online. Is that the general consensus? And, if so, with no SA who do I call?
Thanks for helping an excited newbie out ;-)
P.S. - I have a trade-in quote from Caravan as well, so I am looking at other options. However, last quote was as good/slightly better than Caravan and with tax savings and ease of one stop Tesla would win out.

Reactions: DrGriz
Now that I am days away from the "window", I have a vehicle I would like to get a trade-in offer on. When I started the process in September, they gave me a value within 24 hours and it was really good. I needed to renew the offer value later in the process, and sent in the info and waited over a week before finally somebody at Tesla told me to drop it off and do it just before delivery so I don't have to mess with renewing the offer often.
My question is, should I go ahead and start that process now or wait until I am further into the window before starting it (I don't want to run out of time and have to renew the offer before delivery, but I also don't want delivery to be delayed from me not having a value on my trade-in). Bonus question, I have seen people say to start this trade-in process via phone rather than online. Is that the general consensus? And, if so, with no SA who do I call?
P.S. - I have a trade-in quote from Caravan as well, so I am looking at other options. However, last quote was as good/slightly better than Caravan and with tax savings and ease of one stop Tesla would win out.
I am in a similar spot and I plan on waiting until I see the VIN. The goal posts have moved too many times!

EDD update! Was: February 3 to March 3

Now: February 15 to March 1

Significant narrowing of date range.
Mine EDD narrowed today too. Was 2/10-3/10, today changed to 2/15-3/2. Today is 135 days since order date.

I thought people had reported that the VIN comes soon after your date range changes to two weeks. Anyone know if that's a couple of days or a couple of weeks?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Mine EDD narrowed today too. Was 2/10-3/10, today changed to 2/15-3/2. Today is 135 days since order date.

I thought people had reported that the VIN comes soon after your date range changes to two weeks. Anyone know if that's a couple of days or a couple of weeks?
With the caveat that you can get that 2 week range and then be pushed back out, recent folks have said they got their vin 4 days after the 2 week change. I got the 2 week thing yesterday, so I am looking for a vin possibly by Tuesday. But then, I had a 2 week range in December and nothing came of it.

The offer is great but wait till you get a VIN

Reactions: samori01
Wait till you get a VIN or at least get a 2 week window. Trade in valuations are only good for 30 days and you get better response by calling. Do the trade in online first and then call to have it processed.
They can do the whole process within 1-2 days once you call.
(888) 518-3752