Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Multi-Pattern Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new Model S multi-pattern seats appear to be built on the next gen seat frame, or something close to it. In any case the premium and standard seats appear to be the same except the covering material.

I bought my car with multi-pattern seats, but they were the original seat style and they were very uncomfortable. I replaced them with next gen and they are far more comfortable. If I were buying today I would go with the current multi-pattern seats.

• Informative
Reactions: Bebop
I have the newest multi pattern seats in my four month old S, and they are awesome. Super comfortable, way cooler than the leather, and from everything I've heard should hold up a lot longer without showing wear. I've gotta admit it was a weird feeling ordering a nearly $100k car with cloth seats, but I'm sure glad I did.

• Helpful
Reactions: Drax7 and Bebop
I have the newest multi pattern seats in my four month old S, and they are awesome. Super comfortable, way cooler than the leather, and from everything I've heard should hold up a lot longer without showing wear. I've gotta admit it was a weird feeling ordering a nearly $100k car with cloth seats, but I'm sure glad I did.

This was my exact worry and concern to be really honest. I placed my S order and I felt really weird getting the multi-pattern for a car of this price. It puts me at ease to know they are awesome.

Reactions: jimmyz80
Glad to hear the positive feedback in this thread. I have a 75D on order with the cloth seats, and I'm having a similar reaction to jimmyz and rgalmeida. My number one concern is that the non-ventilated leather seats will be too hot in Texas, but I also don't want my nice new car to look cheap. I wish Tesla had this interior in some of their demo cars instead of just the material sample blocks.

I had similar concerns over the textile seats. I like leather, wifey was pushing for textile. Luckily, I was able to visit a gallery that had both before my change window closed.

Like everyone else I was extremely impressed with the fabric, less so with the leather. They definitely feel like a quality product and were very comfortable. I am glad I had a chance to compare and put my mind to ease. Saving three grand is nice as well.

Reactions: caltechkid
The new Multi-Pattern Seats were my top choice. I was going to order them. But I decided to try them first and I am glad I did!
My Tesla salesman was able to find one car on the lot with the new Multi-Pattern Seats.
I tried them, and they were extremely uncomfortable for me: squeezed my hips too much! It was almost painful.
I din't have this problem with any of the leather seats (I tried at least three) even though they looked similar in shape.
So, I had to change my configuration. I had no choice, but to go with premium seats. The MP seats were no go for me!
I don't know if my personal experience would be representative, but I do recommend everyone to try the seats before ordering them, especially if you have big hips like I do. If the Next Gen seats don't work for you at all, try Classic black seats they seem to be the biggest ones.

Have them in our MX and we love them. They are firm, comfy, and durable. (not sure if they are the same as in the MS)

It looks like all front seats in the S and X line are built on the same frame the Model X seats have had since the beginning. If the Model S seats are any different, I can't spot the difference. I found the original frame Model S seats (used for the cloth seats until late last year) to be very uncomfortable and so did my SO, but I can see where someone wider than we are might feel their hips squeezed in the newer seats.

My SO has a cushion with a notch for the tailbone she keeps in the car. She doesn't worry about being pushed up into the headliner, so the extra height isn't a problem. It does raise her up above the bolsters on the sides and gives her a little better visibility from being up a little. I'm not long in the torso, but it pushed me up too far to be comfortable, so I move it when it's in my seat. I do the same in her Subaru Impreza, so it isn't a Tesla problem.

I never considered Multi, but I recently saw one up close and it is waaaay better than MPS from '14 models. If I were to buy now, I really don't think I could justify the 3k price on how good MPS looks now.

Reactions: Drax7
Any owner with the new MPB seats who can chime in? I am torn between the MPB and the new cream interior. I would like the cabin to be a little lighter, but at the same time if the MPB seats are good (or even better than the cream material), then that might save me some money. Thanks.