Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current real world 0-60 times vs. advertised for all models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PNWLeccy

Jul 11, 2019
Denver
I've seen tons of threads with different reported 0-60 times for different versions of the Model 3.
There are discrepancies between:
  • advertised
  • real world w/o rollout
  • real world w/ rollout
  • post 5% power bump v1
  • post 5% power bump v2
  • acceleration boost upgrade

I'd like to capture the Current, real-world, consensus 0-60 times for reference since they don't actually align w/ Tesla's advertised numbers.

This is what I've seen so far:
upload_2020-7-7_15-31-23.png

Model 3: Real world 0-60mph times (As of 7/7/20)

Please edit the table if you have any corrections or have information that is missing like for standard range and mid range in particular

Attachments

• tesla 0-60 times.PNG
    tesla 0-60 times.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 137
For the LR AWD w/ Rollout the majority of times should be around 4.2.

For LR AWD w/ Acl Boost w/ Rollout the majority of times I see are 3.7.

For the LR AWD For the Performance w/o Rollout, the time is actually right around 3.0 seconds flat. There are only a handful of 2.9 reports and of those most are 2.97 or 2.99 after lots of tries and full charge. 3.2 is what most are getting w/ Rollout for the Performance.

I can maybe do a tally on Dragy numbers later to get an average but these are numbers I know off the top of my head.

For the LR AWD w/ Rollout the majority of times should be around 4.2.

For LR AWD w/ Acl Boost w/ Rollout the majority of times I see are 3.7.

For the LR AWD For the Performance w/o Rollout, the time is actually right around 3.0 seconds flat. There are only a handful of 2.9 reports and of those most are 2.97 or 2.99 after lots of tries and full charge. 3.2 is what most are getting w/ Rollout for the Performance.

I can maybe do a tally on Dragy numbers later to get an average but these are numbers I know off the top of my head.

For the Performance w/Rollout, its about 2.98s. without Rollout, its around 3.2 seconds. Just clarifying.

The below chart is all using real-world numbers from actual owners posted on here and on draggy leaderboards (and power #s from WUGZ via canbus)- most are probably best case, but they're all real world.

View attachment 561782
Are there numbers for LR RWD and below by any chance from these draggy leaderboards?

I am biased as a LR RWD owner but I feel like it has received the least boost of all models from advertised numbers

Reactions: beachmiles
Are there numbers for LR RWD and below by any chance from these draggy leaderboards?

I am biased as a LR RWD owner but I feel like it has received the least boost of all models from advertised numbers

There are- but it's hard to find em in the total results (as it only loads like 100 scores at a time, and there's a LOT LOT LOT of S/X and AWD and P 3s in the 2-4 second range you have to scroll through before you can get to em.

You have to get into the 600s to find anything labeled LR RWD.... for example

jack_of_trades from Auburn, AL which shows 0-60 in 4.91, or 4.67 with 1 foot rollout in a LR RWD.

patrickseven from Tampa, FL showing 0-60 in 4.92, or 4.69 with 1 foot rollout LR RWD

funkadelic from Freemont, CA showing 0-60 4.97 or 4.72 with 1 foot rollout

All of these are from late 2019 or early 2020, so presumably they include both 5% power bumps.

There are- but it's hard to find em in the total results (as it only loads like 100 scores at a time, and there's a LOT LOT LOT of S/X and AWD and P 3s in the 2-4 second range you have to scroll through before you can get to em.

You have to get into the 600s to find anything labeled LR RWD.... for example

jack_of_trades from Auburn, AL which shows 0-60 in 4.91, or 4.67 with 1 foot rollout in a LR RWD.

patrickseven from Tampa, FL showing 0-60 in 4.92, or 4.69 with 1 foot rollout LR RWD

funkadelic from Freemont, CA showing 0-60 4.97 or 4.72 with 1 foot rollout

All of these are from late 2019 or early 2020, so presumably they include both 5% power bumps.

Seems like most models get are about 0.3s faster than advertised with the exception of LR RWD which is less than 0.1s faster :(

Probably doesn't bode well for any additional power boost for RWD as the SR+ is only a touch slower than LRRWD now

For the Performance w/Rollout, its about 2.98s. [...] Just clarifying.

Like I was saying in my post - very few people achieve below 3 seconds flat - the OPs post isn't about the best times someone has achieved. I keep up with the Dragy performance reports monthly and if you look at historical for any P3 runs after all the power increases, there are only 4 people total who got between 2.97 and 2.99. That's a very tiny percentage compared to the rest of the runs in the app. Majority of the times are 3 seconds flat. It's the same with LR AWD owners who have Boost. Very few achieve below 3.5, but there are a couple - myself included, who have - and it took a lot of tries. Instead of splitting hairs and using the absolute best times achieved, we should just use what *most* achieve.

Like I was saying in my post - very few people achieve below 3 seconds flat - the OPs post isn't about the best times someone has achieved. I keep up with the Dragy performance reports monthly and if you look at historical for any P3 runs after all the power increases, there are only 4 people total who got between 2.97 and 2.99. That's a very tiny percentage compared to the rest of the runs in the app. Majority of the times are 3 seconds flat. It's the same with LR AWD owners who have Boost. Very few achieve below 3.5, but there are a couple - myself included, who have - and it took a lot of tries. Instead of splitting hairs and using the absolute best times achieved, we should just use what *most* achieve.
Exactly, just trying to put together a consensus database of 0-60 times for reference since the published times by Tesla aren’t very accurate.

I agree. i was clarifying because you flipped your rollout and w/o rollout numbers. Go re-read your post.