Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom lock sound file - where does it go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. Need some help with custom lock sounds. holiday update 2023. I can't get a file to show up. My usb drive that came with the car is broken up into TESLACAM and BOOMBOX. My custom boombox sounds are all mp3 and do work in the car. This was formatted on windows way back when. I now have an iMac and am trying to add the custom lock. The sound im trying to use is now wav and have tried naming it lockFile.wav and just LockFile as some have suggested. Neither work. Does the file need to be in the boombox folder or teslacam folder or just placed on the usb without being in a folder? Since im using Mac now do I need to reformat everything as it's all currently windows exfat? I even tried it as an mp3 since all others are mp3 and work. Ive also tried moving the files in and out of the different folders but still no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks

How do you increase the volume of this sound file as mine just does not seem to be loud enough for me to hear it while walking away. Thanks
I do all my editing of the files I use through ProTools. You can use any DAW for this. I master my files in ProTools using Izotopes Maximizer and I sweeten it with SSL compression and eq as well. You don’t have to use the DAW I use or the plugins I use. Most DAW’s or audio app editors will have basic maximizers, eq’s, etc to manipulate file. If all of this is foreign to you, because I know most people don’t work with stuff like this, I’m sure you can find something online that will help maximize/master your file.

Also the file size needs to be at least under 950kb, not just 1mb. I had a few files at 955kb and they weren’t recognized.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What hapoens if there are multiple? Like I found a huge collection of sounds on a website. Then do I have to name them all as Lockchime.wav and download all with the same name on to the roo
Only one named Lockchime.wav will be sourced at a time. I keep a folder in the directory with all of my different sounds named appropriately and then just copy over one and rename it Lockchime.wav in the root directory any time I want to change it.

Reactions: SergeyP
Upvote 0
Sorry for the late reply @SergeyP . Been swamped at work. My track is way shorter than yours. I don’t want to piss off my neighbors, especially since I leave early for work haha. Here is a link to mine.

Same here. Was not checking the form since January due to travel and illness. Tried to check the 3 sounds you posted but the links have expired. Do you mind to re-post them or extend the validity of your link. I would like to hear them all. Thanks!

Upvote 0