Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom radio station logo?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I often listen to a radio station that does not have RDS so I just get the default icon in the display which is pretty boring. I'd like to use a custom image/logo instead. Any way to do this?

And yes, this is one of the biggest "issues" I have with the car. Goes to show just how great they are.

Right now there isn't any way. Eventually, when the SDK becomes available there will no doubt be Apps that will allow this. The Model S is the only car you can purchase that really does get better over time--even though sometimes it feels like one step forward and two steps back.

I was afraid of that. Well, Tesla says they are monitoring the forums so here's how you do it Tesla:

* User places image files on USB stick.

* With station without logo tuned, user taps the grey default logo. Popup appears that automatically looks at any image files on USB stick and displays them.

* User picks desired image, clicks OK and the image is copied to the image cache so it is retained when the USB stick is removed.

You shouldn't have any problem including it in V6.0.1 :)

I was afraid of that. Well, Tesla says they are monitoring the forums so here's how you do it Tesla:

* With station without logo tuned, user taps the grey default logo. Popup appears that automatically looks at any image files on USB stick and displays them.

* User picks desired image, clicks OK and the image is copied to the image cache so it is retained when the USB stick is removed.

As a software engineer, I would write this code myself if they opened it up or they hired me. But if you hire me, I'd have to telecommute. I don't want to move to a state that's going to break off and fall into the ocean :/ lol

... Well, Tesla says they are monitoring the forums so here's how you do it Tesla:

As much as I would love to have the feature, I don't see Tesla doing what you suggest. Not in v6.0.1, not even in v7 or later. There will always be ten other items in their list of features to add, that will have higher priority.

No harm wishing for stuff though.