Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom USB splitter solution for M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for update Navak!

You are welcome. Here is the sneak peek of the new version.

Capture_USB_Splitter.JPG

You are welcome. Here is the sneak peek of the new version.

View attachment 463595

That is looks nice!

Also wondering if it is possible to make it a USB hub and 1 charge port. Like 2 or 3 USB data ports, and one charge port. With all game controllers coming in, we might need more than 2 USB ports (Dash cam USB drive, music USB drive, 2 game controllers). So total having at-least 4 data ports and 2 Power ports across 2 USB ports provided would be nice. So two of these unit will take care most folks needs.

Thanks!

That is looks nice!

Also wondering if it is possible to make it a USB hub and 1 charge port. Like 2 or 3 USB data ports, and one charge port. With all game controllers coming in, we might need more than 2 USB ports (Dash cam USB drive, music USB drive, 2 game controllers). So total having at-least 4 data ports and 2 Power ports across 2 USB ports provided would be nice. So two of these unit will take care most folks needs.

Thanks!

The power budget will not be enough to feed the charging port (2.1A) and multiple data ports.
Thanks.

I know that you have gone into production with this, but wouldn't it be smarter to have one data and 2 power ports. This is my thinking, most people will have the wireless or wired connector, they usually come with 2 plugs to them. your device would power both and then also use the data for sentry/music

Sorry for coming with this so late :)

I know that you have gone into production with this, but wouldn't it be smarter to have one data and 2 power ports. This is my thinking, most people will have the wireless or wired connector, they usually come with 2 plugs to them. your device would power both and then also use the data for sentry/music

Sorry for coming with this so late :)
You still have the Tesla second USB port available for the other power plug.