Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom USB splitter solution for M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDIT - forum took me to the first page and didn't realize how old this thread is. Same comments though applies to initial post.

Is there a reason that the 12v socket was avoided? That could provide several USB ports, and the data lines are not needed for most of the devices. I think the most important thing is to customize the product for the Model 3 to make it look like it is a part of the car.

USB Hub with car charger
https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Mult...b+hub+12v&qid=1572053601&s=electronics&sr=1-3

90W 16 Ports Hub (12v DC) w/ data
https://www.amazon.com/Powered-USB-...+hub+12v&qid=1572053522&s=electronics&sr=1-13

The big deal with these devices is that they don't match the "look and feel" of the Model 3 and can't be secured for driving and usage.

12V socket is the next level. if you need more than one outlet and you want the true QC charging than 12V socket is the way to go. The proposed solution should be good enough for most of the users. It’s easy to install and dose’t requires any modification.

Not yet, but I can ship it you direct. Send me PM for more info.
Thanks. Got mine today.

splitter.jpg

Last edited:
random question (two, actually)...

1) is it possible to run two of these, one on each port?

2) does anyone have any idea what the power requirements are on the echo auto?

i have a regular USB hub plugged into the second port right now with the passenger side charger, USB drive, and echo auto power plugged into it...and everything works fine except for the painfully slow charging on the passenger side. trying to figure out if i can somehow use one (or two) of these to make everything work plus get myself fast charging for the wireless mat i'm going to buy, or if i'll need to add a 12v / run wire back to the center console to make that all happen...

random question (two, actually)...

2) does anyone have any idea what the power requirements are on the echo auto?

i have a regular USB hub plugged into the second port right now with the passenger side charger, USB drive, and echo auto power plugged into it...and everything works fine except for the painfully slow charging on the passenger side. trying to figure out if i can somehow use one (or two) of these to make everything work plus get myself fast charging for the wireless mat i'm going to buy, or if i'll need to add a 12v / run wire back to the center console to make that all happen...

Sure. You can run one on each port.