Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$%&#! Customer service frustration. Don't know what to do.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a new model X which was delivered a few weeks ago. They forgot to mention (but I quickly discovered once I got home) that they no longer include NEMA 14-50 chargers with new cars. They said they sell them online, so I place an order. I receive 5 confirmations for the same order. Weird, but they only charged me once. It's been 3 weeks and I still haven't received the charger. I emailed onlineorders several times and have not received a response. I called my local service center and they told me to call the main tesla number. If you call that and press the option for parts, they tell you to email onlineparts. So I pressed other options so I could speak with a human. It said it was routing me to my local service center. Anyway, long story short, I can't charge my car. I have been able to use workarounds for the past few weeks, but the long term solution is to get a damn charger.

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: neroden and P85_DA
Tesla shop is disorganized for sure... have you tried making multiple orders (for same item) and then cancel the remaining outstanding order once you receive “in transit” notification from fedex? I had similar problem where the update showed “shipping label created... waiting for pickup” that lasted for weeks... I was frustrated with no responses from shop email and then I ordered same item again and it was shipped within 2 days... then I cancelled the other order.

Tesla shop is disorganized for sure... have you tried making multiple orders (for same item) and then cancel the remaining outstanding order once you receive “in transit” notification from fedex? I had similar problem where the update showed “shipping label created... waiting for pickup” that lasted for weeks... I was frustrated with no responses from shop email and then I ordered same item again and it was shipped within 2 days... then I cancelled the other order.
how do you cancel an order? email them? they seem to be completely unresponsive.

I purchased a new model X which was delivered a few weeks ago. They forgot to mention (but I quickly discovered once I got home) that they no longer include NEMA 14-50 chargers with new cars. They said they sell them online, so I place an order. I receive 5 confirmations for the same order. Weird, but they only charged me once. It's been 3 weeks and I still haven't received the charger. I emailed onlineorders several times and have not received a response. I called my local service center and they told me to call the main tesla number. If you call that and press the option for parts, they tell you to email onlineparts. So I pressed other options so I could speak with a human. It said it was routing me to my local service center. Anyway, long story short, I can't charge my car. I have been able to use workarounds for the past few weeks, but the long term solution is to get a damn charger.
Yeah, pretty useless. If your local service center is actually close, I'd go there and ask to buy or borrow one. Tesla people are always happy to help when you have them in front of you. They're just too overworked and bereft of decent coordination and collaboration tools that once you're out of sight you'll probably never hear from then again.

They've got to fix this.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and MXWing
If you were local I would lend you mine
...... Where the PA people at to lend this guy a cable?

Someone lend this gentleman a cable

Where in PA is he? I’m outside of Philadelphia. I ordered an adapter two days ago and got shipping confirmation yesterday. It will arrive on 5 July. I kept my old 14-50 adapter from my gen one cord thinking it would work. Too bad it won’t. I wish I could have kept my first gen cable from my 2017 Model S I traded in because it seems like a heavier duty charge cable.

Can you pick one up from an SC?