Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customer Service Nightmare at Tyson's Corner, Virginia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had great service there for my model x. They rescheduled on me two times but to be honest they probably did it for a reason. When it came time for my appt, they had already ordered all of the parts that they needed from the error codes that were sent to them (new automatic door latches, Falcon wing sensors) and they happened to have the control arm I needed in stock. Was in and out in 1.5 days. Had I dropped it off at the first appt date, it most likely would have sat in their lot for days before being worked on (This used to happen a lot). So maybe you were rescheduled on for a reason, just my .02.

• Helpful
Reactions: hoang51
In six years of ownership, dealing with four different Tesla service centers I've never had anything except friendly, courteous, professional treatment. If OP's description of the rude treatment he received is accurate (and I'm not doubting it) it's very atypical from what I've seen or heard after six years in the Tesla community. I've heard about overworked, delayed, and sometimes confused service experiences but never outright rudeness.

Reactions: bhzmark and hoang51
To clarify, Tysons SC isn’t rude, they’re just booked back to back throughout the day with full lot. I observed entitled X owner showing up without APPT, ignoring check-in guy, cutting line, and b!tching at service advisor at the counter and SA remained calm. Also noticed half the cars brought in service were from Maryland, so they have to service all of NoVA cars plus Maryland cars. They don’t have to serve you if you decide to show up early and demand to be served earlier than your scheduled APPT time.

Reactions: jroydog
I observed entitled X owner showing up without APPT, ignoring check-in guy, cutting line, and b!tching at service advisor at the counter and SA remained calm.

OK, OK, check this out, flash of brilliance over here:

What if they employed this piece of technology called telephone? It’s like an app but you have to speak into the device.
Owners could communicate with service staff, get answers to their issues or perhaps even make appointments, which would then be scheduled based on their perceived severity. With that in place, some of those entitled X owners might not have to stop at the SC between client meetings, surgeries or whatever other things rich folk do. Or perhaps they get their kicks driving out to random places and annoying the staff, who knows!

When people post stories like this I wonder how much they're glossing over their own tone/attitude. If we are to believe the OP he just calmly explained his grievances to the manager and the manager got upset and told him to leave or he'd call the police. So either that manager is not only terrible at his job but a terrible human being that can't take even a minute amount of criticism or the OP is glossing over his own reaction to the situation.

My guess is the OP got upset, started yelling, maybe calling names, and that's when the manager got upset and threatened to call the police. If it was actually like the OP described then that guy would have been fired long before that as he has no business working in customer service of any kind.

My car was dropped off on 8/7 for delivery defects. Still at service. Got an alert of low battery a few days ago. Appears battery is dead now. Most of the work is done but they are waiting on a part. First loaner was dirty (had trash and crumbs in it) and the registration expired 4 months ago. After spamming their press, legal, service addresses for multiple concerns, they dropped off a road legal replacement a couple weeks in but didn't respond to the dozens of emails otherwise... So I do have that going for me... I really want them to succeed, but the crummy service is going to wear people thin pretty quick... 'First car sold by sales team, the next sold by service' or whatever the saying is...

Last edited:
My car was dropped off on 8/7 for delivery defects. Still at service. Got an alert of low battery a few days ago. Appears battery is dead now. Most of the work is done but they are waiting on a part. First loaner was dirty (had trash and crumbs in it) and the registration expired 4 months ago. After spamming their press, legal, service addresses for multiple concerns, they dropped off a road legal replacement a couple weeks in but didn't respond to the dozens of emails otherwise... So I do have that going for me... I really want them to succeed, but the crummy service is going to wear people thin pretty quick... 'First car sold by sales team, the next sold by service' or whatever the saying is...

Service is one of the most important parts of buying a car. Tesla makes a good car, but it is really a poorly run business.

When people post stories like this I wonder how much they're glossing over their own tone/attitude. If we are to believe the OP he just calmly explained his grievances to the manager and the manager got upset and told him to leave or he'd call the police. So either that manager is not only terrible at his job but a terrible human being that can't take even a minute amount of criticism or the OP is glossing over his own reaction to the situation.

My guess is the OP got upset, started yelling, maybe calling names, and that's when the manager got upset and threatened to call the police. If it was actually like the OP described then that guy would have been fired long before that as he has no business working in customer service of any kind.

to be fair, what if you showed up after multiple cancelled appointments and were told that your car wont be fixed even tho it should be taken care of under warranty? OPs story isnt the first, definitely not the last.

Teslas service centers are like voldemort around here - no one dares mention them or else youll get a bunch of hiveminded naysayers posting *sugar* like "first post?" which only further alienates and infuriates someone in that position

after so many of these threads/stories, just bc your limited experiences differ do you really think ppl are just making this stuff up?

to be fair, what if you showed up after multiple cancelled appointments and were told that your car wont be fixed even tho it should be taken care of under warranty? OPs story isnt the first, definitely not the last.

Teslas service centers are like voldemort around here - no one dares mention them or else youll get a bunch of hiveminded naysayers posting *sugar* like "first post?" which only further alienates and infuriates someone in that position

after so many of these threads/stories, just bc your limited experiences differ do you really think ppl are just making this stuff up?

I'm not saying he didn't have a right to be mad, I'm just wondering if he's glossing over his own behavior in the story he told and painting himself in a better light.

"Provide this manager with customer service training along with racial tolerance and basic manners training."

Yup Managment is Racist......
Even threatened to call police........:rolleyes:
I Wonder Why .......

I am still waiting for a replacement rear seat that was ordered two days after we picked up the car in May 2018. Not a typo - 2018. It is always coming soon.
YMMV.

They should have pictures of you in every office and corner of the factory, with the following message underneath:
The reason we all still have a job here is because of tolerant/supportive customers like this one. Now go work like you mean it!

• Funny
Reactions: hoang51