Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Basecamp Tent / Camping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People may not like Ford but their demonstrations of Truck capabilities are better than Musk showing the capabilities of the Cybertruck. Musk didn't even show using the 240 outlet.
Elon did show the capabilities of the Cybertruck:
  • Faster in a 1/4 mile 1/8 mile drag race against some kind of 911 while towing a 911
  • Stops various subsonic bullets against the door panels (unknown if other panels are also similarly thick)
  • Side windows stop a bouncy baseball limp-wristedly thrown. Presumably the glass does not stop the bullets
  • Slalom on a construction site (that one was pretty good)
It's just possible that Elon thinks these capabilities are actually important ones. Unlike, say, towing a horse trailer, driving down the country road with a load of stuff in the bed, picking up the kids and groceries, charging that truck while towing a trailer. You know, real pickup things. I'm still not sure that Tesla really gets the pickup truck market, no place for a spare tire is not a very "pickup" thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the steer-by-wire. That could be a really cool thing, if it is 100% realized.

Reactions: israndy and coleAK
Only if she looks like Marilyn Monroe, because If I see ANYONE that bought that tent I will start feeling sorry for them unless they have other attributes that make up for their mental deficiencies.
$3k for a super-sized windbreaker on a sheet of plywood?
Tesla is getting further and further away from being a company with a thoughtful conscience, and more like a money-grubbing scammer.
Elon showed his brilliance IN THE PAST. But since he has "left the building' Tesla has become a husky of what it was.
Why Elon is not smart or willing to have people to help him with his shortcomings I do not understand, except for the fact he is an idiot savant capable of complex thinking in area of finance, transportation, energy, and space. He really should concentrate on non-people things like Twitter. And the price of tea in Gaza. He is weakening Tesla with his "Rule the world" BS.
No kidding you can get higher quality kelty awning (I love my waypoint), top of the line RTT, Exped mega mat pad x2, a summer bag, 3 season bag, top of the line mountain summit camp kitchen set up, heck even throw in a AIOKS, and solostove fire pit for less then the Tesla tent…

• Informative
Reactions: lafrisbee
And one other thing about that stupid expensive windbreaker.
So the bed of the cyber is 6ft long... so the tent is 6 ft long...and 4 ft wide? Hold out your hands to 4 ft. yeah. you and another person sleeping inside that dimension.
A twin mattress is 38 x 75. A full (not a queen) is 54 x 75. A cyber NOT A TENT is 44 x 72.
I can see why they don't show people trying to actually lay down in it...or climb into, or out of it. I really want to see people climbing out of it in the middle of the night to take a leak.
They do show three people in the advertisement for the Basecamp, two parents and their kid. Can they fit in the tent?

It does seem that the Basecamp is installed to the level of the bed tracks - just below the level of the tailgate, which means if the tailgate is closed it will interfere with the tent, if you can even close the tailgate. Would be good to know if you can close the tailgate.

If you want to have an aftermarket rooftop tent, you'll have to have some kind of level roof rack manufactured because the Tesla roof rack is at the slope angle which won't work for a roof top tent which needs a level surface.

I'd liike to know how the tent deploys with the range extender. They are products that really should go together because some camping is done where there is no electricity available (e.g. the beach shown in the photo).

They do show three people in the advertisement for the Basecamp, two parents and their kid. Can they fit in the tent?

It does seem that the Basecamp is installed to the level of the bed tracks - just below the level of the tailgate, which means if the tailgate is closed it will interfere with the tent, if you can even close the tailgate. Would be good to know if you can close the tailgate.

If you want to have an aftermarket rooftop tent, you'll have to have some kind of level roof rack manufactured because the Tesla roof rack is at the slope angle which won't work for a roof top tent which needs a level surface.
I don't want a tent to sleep in if I have a Tesla. I want to sleep with HVAC. The only thing having a tent on the roof does is make you look more "special". I guess it reduces the chance of snakes and bugs getting in the tent?

Reactions: jerry33
Expected CyberNOTAtruck model coming soon... for obvious reasons:

1702305576464.png

• Funny
Reactions: kabin
I do a ton of off grid camping. No way you should use the trucks battery to run climate control for your tent/camper. You could easily use 20-50% in a weekend. Only way I would use the truck to heat/cool is if you were at an RV site with 240 30/50a hookups.

Reactions: jerry33