Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck (CT) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possible? No, absolutely less. Reservation holders were in a $40/50/70k. Now that they’re $100/120k, no doubt in my mind demand is less. If prices were $60/80/100k at announce, we would have seen not nearly as many people plunk down money for a reservation.
Agree... day to reservation holder. Got my "invitation" to configure a month and a half ago... no dice. Haven't canceled but placed order for 3 performance. One that arrive will cancel truck for sure.

I received my invite to configure today and I was about 950K in line . So I assume they will have run through the people willing to pay up for the foundation series by the end of the year. I am not configureing ( mainly because I was looking at the 500 mile version) so I'll hold out a couple more years in hopes forh more range( range extender is not an option). The nre Rivian with 420miles may give tesla the kick they need to offer more range,

I ordered my SINGLE MOTOR Cybertruck in June 2021 and this morning received the email that my Foundation Series was ready to be configured and purchased. Anyone know if I lose my place in line for the Single Motor if I don't order this Dual Motor Foundation Series?

I can probably swing $61k and (hopefully) get the tax credit in 2025 or 2026 but I don't want to pay $100k for the FS.

I ordered my SINGLE MOTOR Cybertruck in June 2021 and this morning received the email that my Foundation Series was ready to be configured and purchased. Anyone know if I lose my place in line for the Single Motor if I don't order this Dual Motor Foundation Series?

I can probably swing $61k and (hopefully) get the tax credit in 2025 or 2026 but I don't want to pay $100k for the FS.

You can safely ignore the Foundation invitation, but there's no telling when your number will come up again.

Received my invite for the Foundation series today. I ordered my dual motor (then price $49,990) mid-2022. As much as I love to spend twice the price on what I initially ordered (not that I can afford $100k anyway nor am I willing to spend that much money on a car). I would wait when they come out with the regular dual motor. Aside from the badging and other goodies (FSD) that I believe I can survive without, I'm willing to wait and hope the price comes back down from the sky. And if not, I think I can muster up $70k for the dual motor and willing to wait 2 maybe even 3 years to get mine, still paying for my MY anyway which I am going to use to trade in for the CT.

I received my invite to configure today and I was about 950K in line . So I assume they will have run through the people willing to pay up for the foundation series by the end of the year. I am not configureing ( mainly because I was looking at the 500 mile version) so I'll hold out a couple more years in hopes forh more range( range extender is not an option). The nre Rivian with 420miles may give tesla the kick they need to offer more range,
How do you know you are about 950K in line? Based on your RN? I just placed an order on 3/11/24, and my RN is 1212083xx. I have no clue how many millions people ahead of me but I don't expect taking delivery earlier than 2030.

How do you know you are about 950K in line? Based on your RN? I just placed an order on 3/11/24, and my RN is 1212083xx. I have no clue how many millions people ahead of me but I don't expect taking delivery earlier than 2030.
Yea if you put your RN in the tracker you will get an estimate of your position in line. You will definitly get your opportunity to get a foundation series soon ( if you haven't already) but then you need to decide if you want to spend an extra $28k ( which will be lost as depreciation instantly ) just to move up in Line . Even when the price changes from $100K to 80K (ignoring rebate) I believe you may still have your chance to buy again next year , There are not going to be many more takers that qualify at that price level , (just look at the MX sales numbers) But if you want it at any price, you will get one.

Yea if you put your RN in the tracker you will get an estimate of your position in line. You will definitly get your opportunity to get a foundation series soon ( if you haven't already) but then you need to decide if you want to spend an extra $28k ( which will be lost as depreciation instantly ) just to move up in Line . Even when the price changes from $100K to 80K (ignoring rebate) I believe you may still have your chance to buy again next year , There are not going to be many more takers that qualify at that price level , (just look at the MX sales numbers) But if you want it at any price, you will get one.
Sorry, where is the tracker? Search didn’t uncover it. TIA

Reactions: zoomer0056