Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Foundation Series Reservation Holder Reveals Cost Of $120,000: Only 1,000 Will Ever Be Made

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone please save a copy of the T’s and C’s before you place your order and post them here…I read through them before I ordered and the no resale for a year language was not in there, but now that language appears in my order agreement..

Reactions: mnca
Just got my invite for foundation series. RN1127468XX
FWIW, I have rn11294xxx and I’m in the Bay Area too, but haven’t received an invite, so who knows how widespread this is.

Personally, if I get invited I’m going to wait for the tax credit, etc. but it’s a great opportunity for those in a rush.

I also have to be 100% sure it will fit in my garage. It looks like I’ll have ~1” to spare. With the front camera it might be feasible but I’d have to test first.

Cybertruck Res.jpg

I got the email today. Anyone know how long it takes to get one if you agree to get the founder's edition? From now to March of next year. But I guess that depends on how many people ahead of you take advantage of the offer.

Seems odd to ask for an additional $250 at this point after already having $100 reservation for 4 years or whatever.

I thought it was only going to be for the try motor but they do have a founder's edition option for the dual motor. But then you don't get to take advantage of the tax break and you got to pay 20 grand for some stuff that you may not want and they put the verbiage back in that you cannot sell it for a year? I guess they can do whatever they want to that document until you hand over the payment & sign it. What are you supposed to do with it if you decide you don't like it? I'm guessing you agree to sell it back to Tesla and it turns into a lease where you pay a bunch of money to them to take it off your hands?

Last edited:
Reactions: T3SLAROD
$250 is the normal ordering fee. When you view the Motor Vehicle Order Agreement after paying the $250, your total price is adjusted by crediting the $100 "Original Reservation Payment".

Tesla should revise their clickable terms and add the "For Cybertruck Only" paragraph. Perhaps their ordering software uses a generic agreement for all models. The final emailed agreement has the paragraph. I read the paragraph days ago and am thankful to those who posted it.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
$250 is the normal ordering fee. When you view the Motor Vehicle Order Agreement after paying the $250, your total price is adjusted by crediting the $100 "Original Reservation Payment".

Tesla should revise their clickable terms and add the "For Cybertruck Only" paragraph. Perhaps their ordering software uses a generic agreement for all models. The final emailed agreement has the paragraph. I read the paragraph days ago and am thankful to those who posted it.
So, you pay the $250 order fee when it’s time to actually configure the vehicle?

Same, just got invitation for foundation Cybertruck. done with ordering All-Wheel drive version. the estimated delivery date is Dec 2023- March 2024 on my page. Cyberbeast delivery date listed is within 2024. Do they make All-Wheel drive ahead of Cyberbeast? or Tesla is trying to conserve Tri-motor drive units.

Did anybody noticed that freaking non-reselling within first year clause is back on the order agreement again.
I checked it’s not there

I am curious how far down the list they went.
Probably, people who are actually serious on on purchasing the Cybertruck. 1.5 million reservations does not mean 1.5 million purchases. They are probably given to people who are ready to purchase these trucks. Curious if I sign up today what are my chances to get an invite? I’ve own 2 Tesla already and another Y on the way.

Has anyone broken down the higher costs?

I reserved for $7500 originally …

I’m assuming the ability to order ASAP and Founders Edition badging allows them to add back $5000 extra cost of FSD in there I suppose, and throw in accessories.

Sound correct?

I got the email today. Anyone know how long it takes to get one if you agree to get the founder's edition? From now to March of next year. But I guess that depends on how many people ahead of you take advantage of the offer.

Seems odd to ask for an additional $250 at this point after already having $100 reservation for 4 years or whatever.

I thought it was only going to be for the try motor but they do have a founder's edition option for the dual motor. But then you don't get to take advantage of the tax break and you got to pay 20 grand for some stuff that you may not want and they put the verbiage back in that you cannot sell it for a year? I guess they can do whatever they want to that document until you hand over the payment & sign it. What are you supposed to do with it if you decide you don't like it? I'm guessing you agree to sell it back to Tesla and it turns into a lease where you pay a bunch of money to them to take it off your hands?
Can you explain the different tax breaks between the dual motor and the Cyberbeast?