Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get tired of intentionally biased media. It's kind of turned me off from some outlets that I used to watch occasionally. I don't mind reasoned criticism or praise, but it's becoming just sensational garbage in some cases.

I would also like to note my personal outlook on environmentalism, as this has come up once or twice talking about big EVs. I believe a lot of people get it wrong. On one hand, you have the folks who just pretend environmental damage and pollution don't exist, and are just something made up. On the other hand, you have folks who think we need to live simple lifestyles to be in harmony with our environment. Then you have some of the first folks who call environmentally conscious people hypocrites when they don't live lives like the second folks. Oh, you flew in a plane, or have a big home, where is your environmental concern then?

What we should be striving for is to live comfortable lives, but ensuring we are doing everything we can to minimize our impact on the environment while living those comfortable lives. That is the outcome we secretly all REALLY want; it's just that it's the hardest to achieve. But nothing good in life is easy. As such, I don't see a problem nor a contradiction with living a lavish lifestyle in one or more capacities while also caring about the environment. We should be aiming to achieve both goals. Drive a huge SUV. Have a huge house. But promote and support anything that reduces or eliminates the unintended negative consequences to the environment that living our lives can sometimes have. That is the good future that we should all be striving for.

Does anyone make a Contractor Cap for the Rivian like Leer does for the Maverick?

1710964428248.png

They could be waiting for deliveries to customers and that is a staging lot. Or everyone who wanted and had to have one right this second got one and Tesla is running out of the Influencers and the more well to do People who were purchasing these Trucks. That just leaves your average person who wants/needs a Truck for whatever purpose they are planning to use it for and is unwilling to pay 80 to 100k for a Truck.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
They could be waiting for deliveries to customers and that is a staging lot. Or everyone who wanted and had to have one right this second got one and Tesla is running out of the Influencers and the more well to do People who were purchasing these Trucks. That just leaves your average person who wants/needs a Truck for whatever purpose they are planning to use it for and is unwilling to pay 80 to 100k for a Truck.

According to the thread on the Cybertruck forums, these were canceled orders.

Reactions: tradosaurus
That is quite a few canceled orders. I guess some people are going to get their orders a lot sooner.

Or we will soon see discounted FS CT's and people are going to lose their *sugar* lol

It's a lot of CT's just sitting on a lot to say they are waiting to be delivered. Transported maybe?

They opened the 30k referral program back up this is after the stock holder program was opened. I suspect many people are dropping these, especially with the announcement that interest rates would remain the same.

I am assuming Tesla will soon abandon FS CT's and start with the regular Joe series.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
According to the thread on the Cybertruck forums, these were canceled orders.

That is quite a few canceled orders. I guess some people are going to get their orders a lot sooner.
While it is possible, what evidence supports this? So far, it's just hearsay to me. I'll get my non-Foundation Series truck when it qualifies for the tax credit.

Last edited:
Reactions: FastEddieB
I think Tesla is going to have to do another round with the influencers once the build quality issues and design problems are remedied.
The ongoing tear-downs (Munro and Caresoft, both are competitive reverse-engineering firms) are showing the corners cut to get the Cybertruck to market.
I imagine the clustertruck will continue to find buyers, but the rate of attrition and deferral must be increasing as enthusiastic buyers lose their motivation once they see the price hike, missing features (not even Autopilot works) and failure videos.
I'll still get one, but not till the price meets the market. I don't want it today knowing that within 12 months Tesla will be making thousands per month and the "first kid on the block" pricing will be history. Right now, the early adopters are very much early adopters and that's fine, too. If you buy a version 0.9b just don't expect version 3.1 quality and reliability, or features and functionality.
The real question mark for me is what does this portend for the Roadster II?
Will it be a wildly overpriced understatement promising "pay now, get SpaceX gas thrusters 'as soon as regulators approve' … as was said of FSD 5+ years ago?

Does anyone make a Contractor Cap for the Rivian like Leer does for the Maverick?

View attachment 1030042
Cyberlandr is taking orders for a camper shell of sorts. Expensive, definitely not for trades to bash around.
There are others promising to offer something.