Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cybertruck is such a scam. Tesla bypassing early reservation holders to see who will pony up an extra $20K ON TOP of a ~50% price increase on all models from reveal. Terrible ~320 mile range that will be like 250 miles in real life and 200 in winter. No spare tire. If you get a spare tire it will take up most of the bed.

"Range Extender" is never coming out and is complete Tesla BS vaporware. That would take up the remaining bed space. Not even a way to connect it in the bed. So a Cybertruck with spare and range extender isn't even a pickup truck anymore. Tesla's idiotic fixed headrest seats that give you neck pain after an hour.

Stupid white interior on a truck. No opening moonroof or rear window are huge misses. No HVAC in the bed as promised. Towing is going to be laughable with that tiny 123 kWh battery. The sales of this truck will tank once Tesla scams all of the "gotta have it now" Tesla fan-bois out of an extra $20K while pissing off the rest of their customers by putting them to the end of the line.

The REAL price of the Cybertruck is dual motor $100K and Tri-motor $120K. Only "Founders Editions" will be made for 2024/2025. The RWD is also vaporware and not coming out for many many many years if at all. Neither is the "$80K AWD" or "$100K Beast".
🎻

Cybertruck is such a scam. Tesla bypassing early reservation holders to see who will pony up an extra $20K ON TOP of a ~50% price increase on all models from reveal. Terrible ~320 mile range that will be like 250 miles in real life and 200 in winter. No spare tire. If you get a spare tire it will take up most of the bed.

"Range Extender" is never coming out and is complete Tesla BS vaporware. That would take up the remaining bed space. Not even a way to connect it in the bed. So a Cybertruck with spare and range extender isn't even a pickup truck anymore. Tesla's idiotic fixed headrest seats that give you neck pain after an hour.

Stupid white interior on a truck. No opening moonroof or rear window are huge misses. No HVAC in the bed as promised. Towing is going to be laughable with that tiny 123 kWh battery. The sales of this truck will tank once Tesla scams all of the "gotta have it now" Tesla fan-bois out of an extra $20K while pissing off the rest of their customers by putting them to the end of the line.

The REAL price of the Cybertruck is dual motor $100K and Tri-motor $120K. Only "Founders Editions" will be made for 2024/2025. The RWD is also vaporware and not coming out for many many many years if at all. Neither is the "$80K AWD" or "$100K Beast".
Agree agree agree agree. I also can't wrap my head around the choice to make the entire outside stainless steel; that seems like a car owners nightmare, having to constantly oil/polish it so that small rust circle don't start appearing. This in addition to it's WHACKL cost markup...hard pass. I'm glad i'm too poor to have that never even be an option to begin with.

Agree agree agree agree. I also can't wrap my head around the choice to make the entire outside stainless steel; that seems like a car owners nightmare, having to constantly oil/polish it so that small rust circle don't start appearing. This in addition to it's WHACKL cost markup...hard pass. I'm glad i'm too poor to have that never even be an option to begin with.
Are they actually rusting? I see some saying it's surface contamination. I remember a few years ago I had specks of rust on a white car and it was inexplicable to me. All over it. Tiny specks. I used a clay bar to remove them. Nothing had been coming through the paint, so it really was "rail dust".

Reactions: zoomer0056
Are they actually rusting? I see some saying it's surface contamination. I remember a few years ago I had specks of rust on a white car and it was inexplicable to me. All over it. Tiny specks. I used a clay bar to remove them. Nothing had been coming through the paint, so it really was "rail dust".
So here's the thing with stainless steel, it doesn't "rust" per say, like deep damage, but it DOES have little speckles of surface rust that are usually smal circles. I work at a scuba dive shop and we have outside facilities that are all stainless steel. They stay in good shape for the most part but you have to polish them with an oil every week, and after it rains there will be these small circular "rust" marks that you have to buff out with an abrasive. So yeah, exactly what you were talking about.

So here's the thing with stainless steel, it doesn't "rust" per say, like deep damage, but it DOES have little speckles of surface rust that are usually smal circles. I work at a scuba dive shop and we have outside facilities that are all stainless steel. They stay in good shape for the most part but you have to polish them with an oil every week, and after it rains there will be these small circular "rust" marks that you have to buff out with an abrasive. So yeah, exactly what you were talking about.
That sounds like...a hassle. Granted, i don't wash my cars much so they always look dirty. Do these specks worsen over time--I don't mean accumulate, but if the speck is allowed to sit there will it be harder to remove later?

That sounds like...a hassle. Granted, i don't wash my cars much so they always look dirty. Do these specks worsen over time--I don't mean accumulate, but if the speck is allowed to sit there will it be harder to remove later?
Yeah the hassle is why it seems like a lot for me. You definitely have to care for it more than a normal car, but the plus is you get the benefits of stainless steel if you do upkeep it. And yes, the longer those little specks sit the harder they get to buff out. At least the plus is that you dont have to worry about paint chips?

Stainless really does rust, and I think it looks great with a patina. I'd love a SS car, and just let it go. All kinds of great discoloration happens. (images are early stages, all stainless steel. Late stages could be great combinations of all of these, and more).

Its a freaking truck, not a piece of jewelry. I dare anyone to just let one go, show us you have so much self esteem you don't need to keep your "truck" polished like a trinket on the shelf next to your precious porcelain figurines.

IMG_6543.jpeg
IMG_6542.jpeg
IMG_6541.jpeg

View attachment 1032082

More like this, in the end. Or you can buy a patina kit that will do this for you (with some heat)
That looks better than the rusting bolt picture for sure. I guess on the plus if you just ignore the damn thing you can eventually throw some wrap on it.

I know that stainless technically rusts, and there are various grades of it to resist this, but if most of these are going to have specks on them in no time it's not going to look good overall.