Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck seen on Test Track in Fremont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Cyber Truck On Track 4K .jpg

Tesla Cyber Truck On Track 2.jpg

Cyber on Test Track

I wonder what the width of the CT is. I read yesterday that the F150 Raptor has orange lights in the middle because it's over a regulatory width allowing only two headlights, hence the orange lights in the middle of the grill. The CT may be complying with this as well. I hope the light bar isn't gone for good but I do like these changes in general
cq5dam.web.768.768.jpeg

Reactions: TessP100D
Differences

• windshield wiper is massive
  • has mirrors
  • no wheel covers
  • bed looks smaller?
  • no door handles?
  • inside side of bed has holes for pins - similar to what Rivian has for modular attachments
  • charge port has been moved. It’s no longer on the side panel but maybe on the black frame above the wheel. There is a cut in that area.
  • tow hitch is visible
  • 3 small amber lights in the front are new
  • marble dash look is now gone
  • light bar could be gone
  • smaller frunk?

Elon says on Twitter no color options available, contradictory to what he's said in the past.

Anyway, looks like everyone who said "the prototype won't be what they sell because it's not street legal" was correct.

• wiper may be subject to new tech (keep hoping, me)
  • EM said mirrors would be user-removable (some states don't disallow it)
  • EM said doors would not have handles
  • bed attachment points is good
  • extra lighting is expected (required due to width), amber may be legal alternative to light bar
  • yes please don't put pseudo-natural anything in there (i.e.: marble dash)
  • if shorter, frunk is where to shorten
  • only color EM mentioned was matte black, and that barely counts as a "color option"
  • insofar as "early prototype not street legal" goes, no changes here are surprising/outrageous.

To be honest I don’t like the changes. Still hopeful that final product will be better than this. Really hope they kept the light bars both top of the hood and top the windshield, bed is still at least 6.5 feet, Better looking mirrors and no to ugly wiper.

Last edited:
Agreed. Definitely less appealing than when I placed my order on launch day, over two year’s ago. While street legal changes were expected, these are rather fugly looking after thoughts, it seems. May just pass on the initial release and wait for the “refreshed” version a year later.

Thank you. Those of us who need a truck can now move up! I suppose this will continue to happen those reservation numbers will soon be cut in half.

• Funny
Reactions: eggzrule