Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Specs Leaked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't expect it to 1up the F150 Lightning by have 20 outlets everywhere, I did at least expect outlets in the frunk and more than 2 kW from the 14-50. CT will no doubt be more rugged... but less versatile? I just got back from car camping in my MYP, and I would have loved to have outlets front and rear. Would have used both.

I didn't expect it to 1up the F150 Lightning by have 20 outlets everywhere, I did at least expect outlets in the frunk and more than 2 kW from the 14-50. CT will no doubt be more rugged... but less versatile? I just got back from car camping in my MYP, and I would have loved to have outlets front and rear. Would have used both.
I can't imagine any reasonable person believes that Tesla would install a 12KW receptical that will only deliver 2KW.

As for the frunk, I've have never needed a power outlet in the front of any vehicle I've ever owned, I don't suspect I will need any in the CT. Having said that, I understand everyone has different wants and needs.

Reactions: mongo
2kW wouldn't even cover one of the 20A 120V outlets...

What do we all make of this? Roughly 266 miles of range if 6% is 16 miles.
IMG_7421.jpeg

Until the official specs come out, only thing to make is speculation. If that were a TM, that sucks. If that were a SM, that’s expected. Just cause the SM isn’t being released doesn’t mean it isn’t being tested.
Someone said the interior color and wheels indicate tri-motor. It does have larger tires, so that's likely accounted for in range.

270-300 with larger tires and performance is about what people predicted when the rumor of 350 was announced for launch on the dm.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
Someone said the interior color and wheels indicate tri-motor. It does have larger tires, so that's likely accounted for in range.

270-300 with larger tires and performance is about what people predicted when the rumor of 350 was announced for launch on the dm.

that would mean though that the Cybertruck in terms of range is no better than the F150 or the standard Rivian R1T ... and worse than the Silverado EV or the max pack Rivian R1T

That range is fine for me if the price is right. I'd rather pay less for a small battery than drive around with a big battery. So I hope that is the case!

I think it will be the case. When Farley was talking about smaller batteries, Musk agreed. I too agree with them. When you have to charge a larger battery with the cost of an EV it becomes MUTE to get one over ICE. Smaller Batteries with longer range is what is needed. Even if you have to sacrifice some acceleration times, especially in the Truck segment.