Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Will Feel Dated By the Time it Comes Out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember the Model S looking pretty dramatic when it was first shown. Kinda crazy that it still looks good and modern so many years later. I suspect it'll be similar with the CT. The RAM is cute, but doesn't have hammer proof exterior.

The CT still looks like a kit car put together in a garage so I doubt it’ll have the same appeal as the Model S.

Still vapor with a showing of a CONCEPT. CT is certainly still Vapor too. for me it comes down to specs and price. If Ram creates a solid truck that does truck things then they get my money. If Tesla does it then they get my money. If No-one can produce what I need then in 2 years when my Silverado hits 180,000 miles and starts to nickle and dime me in repairs, I will buy the best ICE truck that fits my needs and then wait for Gen 2 of EV vehicles.

I actually love the looks of the ram but do not need the expensive gadgets. Don't need rear wheel stearing, Dont need a mid gate or jump seat. I really do not need 18 feet of through tunnel and dont need the funky split tailgate.

Give me a solid truck with 500 miles range and a package like A Ford Lariat, GMC Denali, Toyota 1794 etc and let me use it as a truck.

Man, I'm not the biggest fan of Stellanis vehicles, and I know this Ram is still just a concept but strip away all the superficial screens that won't make it out of concept and this thing is checking a lot of boxes for me. I'm currently still in my '16 Model X and love it, but have a CT on reserve because of my growing family and desired capacity. Whatever truck I get will be my daily driver so 4 wheel steering appeals to me. Need to fit 5, and I'm still reserved about the size of the CT and wondering how much of a pain it will be to daily drive/park. I'm a hobby woodworker, so not even looking at a truck that can't haul 4x8 sheets of plywood and 12' rough cut lumber on a semi regular basis. I'm just a suburbia slob that needs to get my family around, but would also like real moving capacity a few times a month. This concept Ram doesn't have an annoying huge and high front hood that could crush 15 kids before I can see them. If the bed is 4' wide, it looks like it can extend to 8' long. Cabin is big enough for three kids in the back, but over all length might not be annoying to navigate parking lots. I'm really interested in seeing what they can do with range, acceleration, and build quality.

I had the reaction everyone had toward the cybertruck when I saw the ram. Almost threw up in my mouth a bit tbh. But when I watched TFLs video, a lot of those features would be sick.

I personally don't need a pass through all the way to my frunk but, I'm sure someone does.

Jump seats in the rear would be nice for my kids when their a little bigger.

Midgate is amazing.

I do think the silverado ev in blue is on the looks throne still imo.

CT, please hurry.

I had the reaction everyone had toward the cybertruck when I saw the ram. Almost threw up in my mouth a bit tbh.
Me too. Was streaming it as I was screaming no, but ordered one in the first 5 seconds. Another five minutes later. Time will tell. I will take a spot in line for the RAM. A friend that works for GM asked my wife for her CC and reserved me a Chevy Silverado. I might pass on that.

I need VTH on truck. Has to have it. Hammer proof exterior not so much.

I think the rear doors would be fine. The look about the size of a normal crew cab door.
It is the way they open. I have owned 5 extended cab trucks and in parking lots the rear doors that open like that can be a real pain to get stuff/people in and out. Especially when you have to open the front door before you can open the rear doors.

That seat track system looks pretty interesting, but I can’t imagine dealing with that in real life. What happens when the tracks get spilled coffee inside them? Or mud from boots? Will the tracks bind up when encased in a slurry of old milk and cheddar goldfish? How do you get down there to clean them out thoroughly? You could use floor mats to protect the tracks but then you can’t use the tracks. That’s one of those concepts that looks really cool in a demo vehicle but will be a nightmare in practical use.

The biggest new innovation I see is the flexible cargo configuration. Not many people will need to carry an 18’ long slender item frequently, but when they do need to, it’ll really come in handy. Plumbers will love it.

As for the cybertruck… I still have one on order, along with an R1T, and they’re in a race to see which one can get to me first. From a practical perspective the main thing bugging me about the Cybertruck is the fact that you can’t really access cargo from the side. That makes it more secure too, but much less convenient.

Reactions: jebinc
This definitely looks dated compared to a gas range extender electric RAM 🤣🤣🤣🤣

FmBSUCaaAAAwry4

• Funny
Reactions: preilly44