Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The entire point of the design of the cybertruck is that it is easier to manufacture. The entire design, everything about it, is made to make it easy to manufacture. (Sorry for the repetition but things don't seem to be sinking in here.)

They made the point at the very beginning that they designed it not for anything else. Their whole goal from the beginning was how can we make a truck easier to manufacture. I do think that they will ramp at a surprisingly fast rate. Once they get out of the equipment set up, there's really not a lot to this truck.

The batteries, that's the biggest problem. If they commit to the 4680 structure then they're pretty much stuck with it. That is to say if they use it in a structural battery pack. Of course they could use it in a conventional enclosure battery design. In which case they could also use 18650s or whatever they want inside there. But, I think they're going for the 4680s, and I think all the manufacturers are starting to get on board with it. I've read of at least two, Panasonic and SD, beginning to ramp up their production. Have already produced prototype batteries for Tesla's testing.

I think this extreme pessimism on Tesla's manufacturing ability is not well founded. I've been involved with them since about 2009 and I've watched them the whole time, that is from a design standpoint. I have a patent on electric vehicle charging and so have been looking at them from that standpoint. These guys are very, very, innovative. I think they're going to make it and hit it out of the ballpark with the CT. Franz alone is that good, and they've got a ton of other people that are at least as talented. These people believe in what they're doing! And that makes a huge difference.

What’s everyone’s opinion on the yoke steering?
My initial reaction is " bad idea" But I haven't driven a car with it.
I would guess u turns and big corrections as you do in a truck backing up and it would be more cumbersome and always requiring both hands.
I spoke with the first owner in NY with the new S and he didn't like it at first but it's growing on him and he does like the better view of gauges and the dash that it gives.
I wish it was an option instead of standard.
What really bothers me is no mirrors.
I don't see backing up a boat with cameras alone and cameras get dirty and covered in rain .
a mirror can be wiped without getting out of the truck and mirrors don't fail like electronics

Reactions: LionXng
Reactions: KJD
How does the $100 deposit work?. Do I have to pickup the day it’s available?. Also how do you purchase the cyber truck?. Will there be financing options?
I’m assuming you do not own a Tesla.
yes they finance.
Go to Tesla website and ”order” the cyber truck.(you need to set up an account of course)
Follow the instructions , pick the version you want and then pay the $100 reservation fee .
it is refundable if you cancel. Pretty simple.

following is a screen shot ( with my personal info deleted) of my reservation.
i also linked to Tesla site and the
Cybertruck Motor Vehicle Pre-Order Agreement Terms & Conditions.

Attachments

• 3F140A53-7457-44A3-A978-544B094B6894.jpeg
    3F140A53-7457-44A3-A978-544B094B6894.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I posted a similar question but recently I heard the were finalizing the final design of cybertruck. Is the 231.7 the final length or will it be reduced down 3 percent?. I am not seeing and final specs other the. That 231.7 number.

posted a similar question but recently I heard the were finalizing the final design of cybertruck. Is the 231.7 the final length or will it be reduced down 3 percent?. I am not seeing and final specs other the. That 231.7 number.

posted a similar question but recently I heard the were finalizing the final design of cybertruck. Is the 231.7 the final length or will it be reduced down 3 percent?. I am not seeing and final specs other the. That 231.7 number.
So far that is the number. Crazy Elon said he would reduce it by 3%, then He said he wouldn’t. The trust is nobody knows. All we have is a prototype. Maybe in a few years we will actually have a truck we can inspect.

Thanks. How does the charging work with Tesla’s?. My first Tesla will be a cyber truck. Can I use regular outlet in my garage?.
start here for more info:

The quick answer is:
Yes, you can use a regular outlet in your garage but it will only charge at about 3 miles per hour. That will take several days to get a full charge.
You'll be much happier with a 240 volt 50 amp outlet or a 240 volt 40 to 60 amp charging station.
You will also be able to charge at public charging stations but that is likely to cost you about half, to as much as, the price of gasoline. At home, it will be about (depending on where you live) 1/3 the cost of gasoline.

start here for more info:

The quick answer is:
Yes, you can use a regular outlet in your garage but it will only charge at about 3 miles per hour. That will take several days to get a full charge.
You'll be much happier with a 240 volt 50 amp outlet or a 240 volt 40 to 60 amp charging station.
You will also be able to charge at public charging stations but that is likely to cost you about half, to as much as, the price of gasoline. At home, it will be about (depending on where you live) 1/3 the cost of gasoline.
Will the wall connector need a specific outlet to connect to and a certain amp breaker?. Is this something that is just plug in and go or do I need someone certified to install it?.