Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dania Beach Service Center Storage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DJ Frustration

Former Model X Sig, Model S, Model 3, Model Y
Jun 19, 2012
Miami, Florida
While driving home from a service appointment, I noticed a secure lot on Ravenswood Road with a bunch of new looking Model S and X vehicles. I'm talking about 40-50 new vehicles. I was wondering if anyone knew any more info. about these lots. It would seem to be a significant # of vehicles. I wonder if there is either a significant increase in the # of soon to be delivered vehicles or the opposite, a significant backlog of deliveries.

Another bit of information, my car was parked in a different lot on Gulf Stream Way while waiting for service. Posting attachment with the location of the two lots. I wonder if anyone knows more.

dania%20beach%20storage.jpg

Reactions: jbcarioca
While driving home from a service appointment, I noticed a secure lot on Ravenswood Road with a bunch of new looking Model S and X vehicles. I'm talking about 40-50 new vehicles. I was wondering if anyone knew any more info. about these lots. It would seem to be a significant # of vehicles. I wonder if there is either a significant increase in the # of soon to be delivered vehicles or the opposite, a significant backlog of deliveries.

Another bit of information, my car was parked in a different lot on Gulf Stream Way while waiting for service. Posting attachment with the location of the two lots. I wonder if anyone knows more.

I don't know. The West Palm center on Dyer Blvd has a lot of cars on their lot too. I asked when I picked up my car for delivery. They said "some were new vehicles, some were in for service, and some were loaners". I think more were service/loaner status it seemed, but obviously I would not know for sure. This made me a bit nervous although the service department didn't seem swamped and I got an appointment when I needed a fix in a week or so which seems to be better than average...:confused:

I don't know. The West Palm center on Dyer Blvd has a lot of cars on their lot too. I asked when I picked up my car for delivery. They said "some were new vehicles, some were in for service, and some were loaners". I think more were service/loaner status it seemed, but obviously I would not know for sure. This made me a bit nervous although the service department didn't seem swamped and I got an appointment when I needed a fix in a week or so which seems to be better than average...:confused:

It is my understanding that the West Palm Beach location is the primary location in Florida for storing Certified Preowned Teslas. This facility is multi-functional, in that it provides service, sells new and used Teslas and also has a Supercharger Station. I surmise that the Supercharger Station was initially placed there to support operations and the large number of Teslas housed there. If you recall initially the Superchargers were located behind a fence. Later I'm guessing that Tesla wisely realized that the location wasn't far from I-95 and subsequently relocated the fence to also provide 24/7 access to the Superchargers for traveling Tesla owners.

I don't know the answer to Ethan's (DJ Frustration) question either. However, as Tesla continues to ramp up production, particularly after Model 3 starts ramping up and the scale of their overall operations grows by more than an order of magnitude, it would only be logical to expand other Service Centers to be multi-functional. Tesla will need more space to store new cars being prepped for delivery, more space to store trade-ins, and more space for service. The location of Dania Beach is very strategic in that it is located near the intersection of two major highways, I-595 and I-95. Therefore, it is within the realm of possibility that an expansion of the Dania Beach complex in the future could include a Supercharger Station to both support ongoing operations with a large number of Teslas being housed there, and also serve traveling owners. This of course is purely speculation, but I just wanted to suggested that this development doesn't have to portend a negative outlook.

By the way, if you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry

Reactions: jbcarioca
I picked up my X from the Dania SC (for replacement of the running lights) the day before Matthew was due to arrive and the topic of "where will you put all the new deliveries during the storm?" came up. They said they do have 3 lots to store cars - right in front of the SC, the Ravenswoods Road lot and the Gulf Stream Way lot. It totals about 110 parking spaces, they said - and they had about 105 cars for delivery or service. So they were a little frantic trying to get owners to pick up their cars in for service!

Re: a supercharger at Dania, apparently the entire site has insufficient power load, so they'd have to cut power to the other tenants to handle a supercharger at the Dania SC.

Re: a supercharger at Dania, apparently the entire site has insufficient power load, so they'd have to cut power to the other tenants to handle a supercharger at the Dania SC.

Whereas it's possible that the Service Center has an electrical constraint, the area has primary overhead power lines nearby that could be tapped to power a dedicated transformer for a Supercharger Station. ( See Google street view below. )That is the usual manner in which Superchargers are powered, not from an existing service.

Again this is merely speculation.

Dania Beach power lines..jpg

Larry