Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash Cam is coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Elon just confirmed on Twitter that a beta dash cam will be available with the version 9 software update. I for one am very much looking forward to this added protection if I ever need to prove who was in the wrong in an insurance claim etc.

Any guesses as to how it will work with accessing footage, and what features it will include? I hope it had a parking feature.

Reactions: C141medic
So Elon just confirmed on Twitter that a beta dash cam will be available with the version 9 software update. I for one am very much looking forward to this added protection if I ever need to prove who was in the wrong in an insurance claim etc.

Any guesses as to how it will work with accessing footage, and what features it will include? I hope it had a parking feature.
Pure guess- from Tesla account? Transferring to phone would be awkward because of file size though I guess when car is on Wi-Fi that opens options.

I dont expect any extreme amount of drive space like 1tb. Its likely possible to be around 128-256gb of m2 socket or nand chip soldered on system board. It can store hundreds hours of video if used with right codec.

Maybe someone who understands better of linux to decipher what tesla OS contains about its hardware and software on the car.

teslamotors/linux