Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam and Security Cams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was wondering if my MX could be prewired for cameras front, rear and sides for security or if the existing cams could be recorded or available with sensors. So as much money I'm investing, wouldn't it seem logical to have security cams? Could the car be prewired to power cameras?

I doubt we can tap into the X's cams, I'm more interested in how hard it is going to be to tap power and run cables through that thin power strip on the long windshield to mount the cam. There's also the possibility of mounting it in a new/odd location above drivers right shoulder since the windshield is so high.

I guess your best bet is to have a suction cup mounted camera and go along the power strip along the center of the windshield, like tliving said. Maybe using transparent plastic clips with adhesive to keep the cable straight, and then tuck it in somewhere once you get to the roof if possible, or try to discreetly go along the top of the windshield with more plastic clips if not. I can't think of a better solution without seeing a Model X myself. Until someone comes up with a solar/battery powered dash camera.