Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam & Sandisk iXpand USB Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having all sorts of issues with my Model 3 and my 128GB iXpand drive.
  1. It randomly disconnects itself all the time. I'll get in the car and the camera icon with the red dot is gone, as though I unplugged the drive, even though I haven't. I have to disconnect and re-connect it to get it to work.
  2. Half the time my videos are corrupted.
  3. Sentry mode was recording at my house when I was away from my car and I had it set to be turned off at night. My car must not have been going to sleep because I saw recording up until 10pm, and then it must have crashed and disconnected my drive.
Has anyone seen anything similar? I've tried 2 different iXpand drives and have the same exact issue.

I got mine at PureTesla......256gb and perforated by them....true plug and play......my issue, I cant find app or program that will allow me to view on my iMac
this is an update

went out to car this morning and downloaded files...came back to computer opened the Quick Time software and opened the drive....workls great. must have been operator error...

however, I would still like a app to allow me to sync and see all 3 clips side by side.....anyone know of a good one

this is an update

went out to car this morning and downloaded files...came back to computer opened the Quick Time software and opened the drive....workls great. must have been operator error...

however, I would still like a app to allow me to sync and see all 3 clips side by side.....anyone know of a good one

For the iMac no. If you find one let me know!! But SentryView for iPhone/iPad is nice...and is what I use.

this is an update

Did you try in your browser:
TeslaCam Video WebApp Player

And, the developer of Stats has another app, SentryView, that allows you to use your iPhone to view your vids off your USB stick, if you have a SanDisk Connect or iXpand.

I am having all sorts of issues with my Model 3 and my 128GB iXpand drive.
  1. It randomly disconnects itself all the time. I'll get in the car and the camera icon with the red dot is gone, as though I unplugged the drive, even though I haven't. I have to disconnect and re-connect it to get it to work.
  2. Half the time my videos are corrupted.
  3. Sentry mode was recording at my house when I was away from my car and I had it set to be turned off at night. My car must not have been going to sleep because I saw recording up until 10pm, and then it must have crashed and disconnected my drive.
Has anyone seen anything similar? I've tried 2 different iXpand drives and have the same exact issue.

Is Sentry disabled at home and work? Mine was enabled at work and I noticed that it was constantly recording due to movement around the vehicle so I disabled it at work.

Is Sentry disabled at home and work? Mine was enabled at work and I noticed that it was constantly recording due to movement around the vehicle so I disabled it at work.

Yeah, it is set to be disabled at home. It was saving things under the "RecentClips" folder, not the "SavedClips" folder. I thought that it shouldn't be saving anything though when it is disabled.

Same for me. Since this afternoon Sentry and Dashcam are recording normally again. I did not receive an update, although I expect to receive 2019.28.2 shorty. Currently running on 2019.24.4

We're back to square one. Just checked my RPI remotely and saw that all recordings are 1kb again. Still on 2019.24.4 so hoping to receive 2019.28.x soon and get this issue resolved once and for all.

• Informative
Reactions: Tuazon81
Same issue here. It's not a flash drive issue either; I have used 3 flash drives (one iXpand, one Sandisk SD card with USB reader, and one cheap drive I had laying around). It's 100% a software problem.

All of them have the same problem; every single file will be 1kb. It's a bit frustrating because people online will say that it's a 'known issue', but they are referring to the issue where one of the repeater occasionally has a 1kb file. In my case, it's every single file that is corrupted. This needs to get rectified, and fast. I hate not having my car record anything. Living in the Bay area, that was one of the top reasons why I chose the car.