Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daytime running lights aren't on anymore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2017 Model S is one month old and it still doesn't have DRL that can be turned on without turning on the headlights. It was my understanding that this was a fix that was going to be made. Anyone know the status and if I will be able to get this feature?

My 2017 Model S is one month old and it still doesn't have DRL that can be turned on without turning on the headlights. It was my understanding that this was a fix that was going to be made. Anyone know the status and if I will be able to get this feature?

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been banging my head on the wall trying to figure out what happened to the DRL on my new 2018 MS. Turn off Range Extender and they suddenly work. Personally, I prefer the button in settings to turn them on or off. Fine if they want to turn them off when Range Extender is on, tell us about it. Leave the button there and just dimmed as not available. Perhaps changed the DRL button to say "Range Extender" if it's on so we have a clue. In any case, very happy I figured it out reading this post!

Reactions: Xenius
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been banging my head on the wall trying to figure out what happened to the DRL on my new 2018 MS. Turn off Range Extender and they suddenly work. Personally, I prefer the button in settings to turn them on or off. Fine if they want to turn them off when Range Extender is on, tell us about it. Leave the button there and just dimmed as not available. Perhaps changed the DRL button to say "Range Extender" if it's on so we have a clue. In any case, very happy I figured it out reading this post!
Do you want DRL or extended range? Can't have both.

Reactions: markn455