Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daytime Running Lights (LEDs)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They did confirm that the new refresh models do not have the DRL button; however they are not sure why the DRL's are not on when in Drive mode, and set to Auto; as this is what is expected.
Sound like a firmware issue to me.

Last night my father was notified of a new firmware update, second in less than 2 weeks. He doesn't have a brand new S, but perhaps the latest update contains a fix for the issue being discussed here.

Sound like a firmware issue to me.

Last night my father was notified of a new firmware update, second in less than 2 weeks. He doesn't have a brand new S, but perhaps the latest update contains a fix for the issue being discussed here.

My car is updating as we speak.... Will report back if the DRL's are fixed, or if this was just a chance coincidence of software updates.

Reactions: rcsting
Will the new LED headlights be retrofittable? I would like better night-time driving lighting, but certainly do not want the DRL issue described in the OP. I was never a fan of DRL, but on my MS and my 991S cabrio, I prefer DRL as it does make my vehicles more visible and hopefully will prevent an errant driver from side swiping or executing an improper lane change.

So I had someone stand in front of my car while in Drive, daytime, headlights on Auto. Definitely no DRLs. Wouldn't this illegal in Canada, then? Hopefully this is not working as designed and will soon fixed!

Ah! Are you kidding? I'm in heaven, although for the first few days I felt oddly depressed, and it confused me. I then realized it triggered a sort of mourning the loss of my old 60. So silly, yet there it was. Once identified, I got over it. This week I got the windows tinted, paint correction and gtechniq crystal serum applied and WOW! I had to search for a car meet somewhere to show it off tomorrow!

So from my 2013 60 here are the things that stand out, other than the obvious like AP and headlights:

- brake hold. I had hill hold before, but this is straight brake hold. Snail thing but...I dig it.
- backup camera seems to be much sharper. Maybe my old one was just out of focus all those years!
- next gen seats. Who doesn't want a hug when the sit their car?
- dual motor/AWD... What a ride!

Other than the other "big" things, folding mirrors, parking sensors, auto parking, my 60 was early enough to have a lot of nicer finishes than they started putting in later ones, and those are back with Premium pkg, so no change there. my old 60 was pretty decked out, it seems!

One of the best things about Teslas is, All other features that are strictly software related exist on every Tesla, old or new, so my 3 year old wasn't that out of date feeling!