Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DCU not being fixed rate anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 1.75% for 65 month even with almost perfect credit score and income (this rate is after EV discount and Direct Deposit). I called them today and they told me that my initial rate was 2.75% and they applied the EV and direct deposit discount and then for some reason they applied another unknown 0.25%. discount.
It looks like the advertised 1.99% base rate is not happening (please correct me if I am wrong)

When I applied for their loan about 2 weeks ago, I got auto approved for 1.99%. I had to call them to finalize the loan. During the phone call, they told me that I would be eligible for .25% discount for EV, and another .50% discount if I set up autopay. So after everything was done, I got 1.24% and this is what it shows on my loan documents.

Can someone send me a referral code please
DCU's referral system is temporarily down. Nevertheless, be careful about requesting referral codes on this forum. The mods will ban you.
When I applied for their loan about 2 weeks ago, I got auto approved for 1.99%. I had to call them to finalize the loan. During the phone call, they told me that I would be eligible for .25% discount for EV, and another .50% discount if I set up autopay. So after everything was done, I got 1.24% and this is what it shows on my loan documents.
Instead of "autopay" did you mean to write Direct Deposit? My loan is also at 1.24%, but my payment setting has no impact on the rate.

DCU's referral system is temporarily down. Nevertheless, be careful about requesting referral codes on this forum. The mods will ban you.

Instead of "autopay" did you mean to write Direct Deposit? My loan is also at 1.24%, but my payment setting has no impact on the rate.
Oops, yes your’e right. I meant to say direct deposit. I did set up auto pay, but that’s irrelevant for the rate.

Call me crazy, but most lenders will ask for some sort of income verification before giving out a loan. So "no way of knowing how much you are truly paid" , in this context, strikes me as incorrect.
I was approved for 1.24% and they never verified my income. As I posted earlier in this thread, I'm self employed, which typically invites a higher scrutiny on financial applications, and they still never checked my past or present income. Most other posts on this forum about DCU share experiences similar to mine too. Did they ask you for some form of income verification?

DCU previously had a rate of 1.24% after discounts but as of the end of March they increased their rate to 1.74% after discounts for 65 months. Even if you were approved prior to their increase, they won't give you the rate of 1.24% after 4/1, which kind of sucks but it's still a great rate for 65 months.

DCU previously had a rate of 1.24% after discounts but as of the end of March they increased their rate to 1.74% after discounts for 65 months. Even if you were approved prior to their increase, they won't give you the rate of 1.24% after 4/1, which kind of sucks but it's still a great rate for 65 months.
That's what I got from them. They said the advertised 1.99% for 65 months has already 0.5% discount built in, so the lowest you can go for 65 month is 1.74% which still is great rate when I compare to my USAA rate.

That's what I got from them. They said the advertised 1.99% for 65 months has already 0.5% discount built in, so the lowest you can go for 65 month is 1.74% which still is great rate when I compare to my USAA rate.

How unfortunate. The 1.74% rate combined with DCU's other features, like their high interest Savings Account, still make them a competitive option, in my opinion.