Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead AP, ACC, Lights... thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my S90D in for a persistent driver's side rattle, and came back with:

1) Inability to do an OTA update (has failed 5x)
2) Cruise control won't engage
3) Lanes don't show up on console
4) AP (obviously) won't engage
5) Lights stay on (don't detect day or night, but interior UI knows it's day)

Pretty crazy... and I'm not posting here to complain... just curious if anyone has seen this set of stuff and might know what's up.

I'll know more in the AM.

The experts for sure. Checked the fuses? Maybe check the manual and see if there is any correlation between fuses and your issues.
It may be that they disconnected something or dislodged something in the process of tracking down your rattle. Either way, they are going to need to fix t!!

• Helpful
Reactions: LiverpoolFC
Oh, I'm sure they disconnected something. This was more about seeing if anyone had that "I had that happen once, they said a cable came detached from the front camera rig."

Curiosity, not trying to troubleshoot. :)

The only info that I've found interesting (so far) is that they said the software updates fail if there's a hardware issue. Seems to me like if there's a hardware issue that would cause that, they'd do some sort of "Update failed, schedule a service appointment" message rather than the "We'll download it again and try later." message.

I was one of the b-pillar rattles fixed by the SC earlier in the week... this morning the car was dead and did not charge over night. Did the steering wheel reset that brought it back to life - 30 minutes later, a software update showed up (first in 2 months).

How does one tell if the camera is connected as they messed with the camera cable?

I was one of the b-pillar rattles fixed by the SC earlier in the week... this morning the car was dead and did not charge over night. Did the steering wheel reset that brought it back to life - 30 minutes later, a software update showed up (first in 2 months).

How does one tell if the camera is connected as they messed with the camera cable?
Is that camera even activated yet? When I got my car, the blind spot ultrasonic sensors were not activated. That came later via software update. I wonder whether the system knew it was there during that time.

Is that camera even activated yet? When I got my car, the blind spot ultrasonic sensors were not activated. That came later via software update. I wonder whether the system knew it was there during that time.

Active? Yes. In use by EAP for driving? No. (It is currently used to capture stills/video that are sent back to Tesla for analysis.)

It was just an unplugged cable, but the car came back with a funky scratch on the front bumper, and a bunch of marks on the dash's wood... so for the 8th time, it'll be going back.

I love this car, but the service is so mediocre (even though they're all ex-BMW folks at my SC).

Ah well.