Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead Roadster 2.5 in Norway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. It could be worth checking the pec board inside the pem. If thay replaced the pem the rebuild team or parts department could have placed an order for a pem with 2.x pec pcb insted of a 2.5 pec pcb. Easy way is maybe check the firmware version on the vds display (diagnostic mode) or the battery is 2.x and the new pem do not have the 2.x pec board. But the fault codes indicate a low voltage at the pre charge circuit so most likely in the bms pcb. But a simple and easy check

HVIL on battery side is shorted. When I removed the BSM it's not.

upload_2020-11-23_10-12-47.png

Good news :) Chris from Rosa Motors Germany contacted me and told me to check a few things. That's why I removed the BSM board, and sendt it to him.

He fixed it, but UPS messed up and used more that 2 months only to return it back to Chris. When I finally got my bsm board back I got stuck in lockdown for 2 months. And the Roadster was locked in a warehouse.

Yesterday we started putting it back together, and when we checked the battery status it was too low :(
Great support from Chris, to try and recover the sheets. So a colleague came with a charger.

The charger after beeing programmed and connected to charge only one sheet, showed full, and did not charge.
The Ferve multimeter we had used was faulty!

We tested a Fluke multimeter instead, and the Charger was right, no need to charge more.
Hours lost, but all is well :)

We put together the Roadster, and again great support from Chris to troubleshoot our fault codes and install errors...

The car is ALIVE! After beeing dead since December 16. 2019...

After driving it around the building to the charger, it had 20km left on the battery.

It's now 02:38AM and I'm sitting in the office waiting to charge the Roaster enough to drive 70km home.

Chris and Rosa Motors it highly recommended!

Also thanks to Gruber for helping me as well!

No need to thanks, Is a pleasure to save one more Roadster! It is a second Roadster that I reppaired even without seeing a car.
Another one back alive in Italy after VMS and BMB problems.
Plenty of hours of reverse engineering left no secrets for me.

Best Regards,
Kris Rosa
Rosa Motors
Germany

Reactions: Cirion