Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dealing with the Anti EV crowd on social media

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, good point. Apologies. I could have sworn I started this post in the M3 forum…must have been switched here when I was searching to see if anyone else was discussing misinformation. I amend my comparison to you eating at a restaurant then and objecting to people drinking wine at your table then…that’s not so bad :).
Nah, them drinking is fine. But at my home, nothing :) Not even a beer

Hi,
I realized I was spending too much time typing the same answers over and over to ”questions” people asked on Facebook whenever a new EV announcement popped up. I decided to put basic EV info (with emphasis on Tesla Model 3) into a website to make it easier to respond. The just facts section is where I toss useful links that I’ve run across. The frequent misinformation section is answers to the most common mis/dis/malinformation I run across, the rest deals with specific areas of interest. Creating a website just using an iPad and ancient iPhone is a pain in the butt so it still needs a lot of work, but comments and corrections are welcome: AntiAntiEV.com

Reactions: Zoomit
Hi,
I realized I was spending too much time typing the same answers over and over to ”questions” people asked on Facebook whenever a new EV announcement popped up. I decided to put basic EV info (with emphasis on Tesla Model 3) into a website to make it easier to respond. The just facts section is where I toss useful links that I’ve run across. The frequent misinformation section is answers to the most common mis/dis/malinformation I run across, the rest deals with specific areas of interest. Creating a website just using an iPad and ancient iPhone is a pain in the butt so it still needs a lot of work, but comments and corrections are welcome: AntiAntiEV.com
Here is the link

• Love
Reactions: chrstna4
Very good start. I would suggest adding icons/pictures to supplement some of the keywords and/or points you want to draw the reader's attention to. For instance, use pictures of oil cans, exhaust pipes, electricity bolts, dollar signs, etc., to draw the reader's attention to common features they are most familiar with.

Recently, a landscaper stopped by my driveway to take a closer look at a charging cable that was sticking out of my car. The visual of the corded charger was all of took to grab his attention and stop his truck. From that point, all his questions were pointed at the common combustable car features and parts that my car did not have. He walked around the car while pointing and calculating the potential dollar savings he could have by not having to pay for maintaince of parts that just aren't there. His truck was full with gas powered machines that cuts into his profit margins because of maintenance cost. Therefore, he's actutely aware of the economical benefits of EV.

That said, adding more visual aids to your blog sections may be something to consider and may help reduce visitor bounce rates.